Talking to the podcast

darrengs

DIS Veteran
Just curious, who else finds themselves talking to the podcast while they listen? I am constantly answering questions or even muttering statements like "not true", "I agree", etc. It isn't so bad when I am by myself, but my kids will tell me "Dad, you know they can't hear you right?":confused3

I do that all the time!! Mostly, if one of the team doesn't know the name of something, I am yelling it out at home. I also do what you do- muttering, "Yes, uh huh..." or "Not true". DH and DD think I'm weird, since 99% of the time, I'm listening on headphones and they can't hear what I'm answering to.

Just curious, who else finds themselves talking to the podcast while they listen? I am constantly answering questions or even muttering statements like "not true", "I agree", etc. It isn't so bad when I am by myself, but my kids will tell me "Dad, you know they can't hear you right?":confused3

Normally, I am screaming at the stereo going, "hey 'Shirtless Neighbor Dude,' you missed 3 blades of grass with your weed eater!" or "Thomas Edison, why 60hz for the frequency of power in the US and not 114.3hz (due to the hum in the ceiling fan)." :lmao:

I do that all the time!! Mostly, if one of the team doesn't know the name of something, I am yelling it out at home. I also do what you do- muttering, "Yes, uh huh..." or "Not true". DH and DD think I'm weird, since 99% of the time, I'm listening on headphones and they can't hear what I'm answering to.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Also, I find that I miss hearing "the voices in my head" when the podcast is over.

I do that too! Especially when I am listening in the car. I'm sure I look like a crazy person talking to herself.

Me too! I talk to the team all the time during the show. I do this while watching Anderson Cooper too. Not sure what the connection is, but these are the only two that I "talk to" while watching or listening.

I do too. My husband has to tell me all the time that I am talking to myself again. I always have to add my two cents to the conversation.

:goodvibes

Count me in on this too. Glad to know I'm not alone on this one.

:lmao: You are not the only one.

It drives DH crazy because we listen together. He's like "Shhhhhhhh!" It's as if we're in church listening to the gospel. :rotfl:

:goodvibes Jennifer

Count me in too! I listen at work, I used to be in an office by myself, but a new person joined me yesterday. Don't know what he'll think when I listen this week. :rotfl:

Not only this (like I'm part of the podcast); but I want to podcast team there commenting on other parts of my life. Like its not just me watching my son's basketball game, we're all there doing a podcast about the game.

Not only this (like I'm part of the podcast); but I want to podcast team there commenting on other parts of my life. Like its not just me watching my son's basketball game, we're all there doing a podcast about the game.

:rotfl2: Do you ever find yourself thinking....What would the podcast team say? :lmao: Cause.....I do. :thumbsup2

Normally, I am screaming at the stereo going, "hey 'Shirtless Neighbor Dude,' you missed 3 blades of grass with your weed eater!" or "Thomas Edison, why 60hz for the frequency of power in the US and not 114.3hz (due to the hum in the ceiling fan)." :lmao:

Mike, your nerd-o-meter is maxed out! :rotfl2:

Or for that matter, why is 50hz the practice in Europe? :teacher:

Glad to see that I am not the only person who talks back to the podcast. Glad I am in office by myself.

Well I feel a little better. It's obvious then that the rest of the world must be the crazy ones, because I can see that I am normal.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter