Talking Minnie Mouse debuts at Disney park

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
Now it is getting fun. I am waiting for the friendly banter between the two,

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-340679-talking-minnie.html

Talking Minnie Mouse debuts at Disney park
By SARAH TULLY / THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

lzidat-b78917061z.120120216145803000gn815ia6i.1.jpg

A talking and singing Minnie Mouse character will appear for the first time in a new Disney California Adventure show set to debut Friday (today).
Minnie's Fly Girls Charter Airline show will be performed in Condor Flats near the Soarin' Over California ride. The show will feature Minnie four-member singing crew dressed like old-fashioned flight attendants, who will perform songs from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. Read more about the show on the Disney Parks blog.
It will be the first time that a talking Minnie Mouse with a moving mouth, face and sound will be in the Disneyland Resort, said Michele Himmelberg, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman. A talking Minnie previously was part of a show at Walt Disney World in Florida.
While Minnie will greet guests after the show, the character will have a static mask and remain silent.
Traditionally, masked characters who interact with visitors are forbidden from speaking, only using sign language to communicate at the Disney parks. Characters without masks, such as princesses, are allowed to speak with visitors.
Already, a talking Mickey Mouse is part of another show at California Adventure, called Disney Dance Crew that began in October 2010. See a story about Disney Dance Crew.
Disneyland began testing a talking Mickey Mouse in early 2010 by having select guests have conversations with the character in Mickey's House in Mickey's Toontown. See a story about the talking Mickey Mouse at Disneyland. Since then, Walt Disney World has used the character with the blinking eyes and moving mouth during Halloween. See a story in the official Disney Parks blog about the talking Mickey.
An exclusive preview of the Minnie's Fly Girls was shown after a speech last week by Tom Staggs, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, at an Orange County Business Journal dinner.

I think "talking" is a bit misleading. Their mouths move along with a prerecorded soundtrack, but these aren't like the next-gen Mickey that's been tested at meet & greets.

In fact, at Disney Dance Crew, Mickey goes backstage after the show, then returns to meet guests...and suddenly can't talk anymore.

Just saw talking Minnie Mouse on Wheel of Fortune this past week and i'm wondering if she's at Disney World. Talking Mickey we met and it was awesome having him talk to DD!

They should roll this out to more character meet and greets really enhances the experience unless you go out of your way to make it difficult

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter