• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

talking Mickey???

provencio

Mouseketeer
I have seen mention of this.. he talks now?? what am I missing? What is this.. Thanks!!

It is interesting. My adult kids think he is creepy and it's somehow just wrong. :eek:

I also note that we have experienced a 50/50 chance of him talking. He is not advertised as talking because he apparently gets lots of sore throats.....

Hmmmmmmm................................................................. not sure what I think about this?????????????????????????

I think it's awesome. Does anyone know the kinds of things he can respond to? Obviously when she asks him what he likes to do it's a little awkward because it's pre-recorded stuff and limits him. Curious if people have any good stories on things he's said!

Hmmmm....Nah, prefer it when he would wave or tap his foot on the floor to get your attention for that perfect photo op, etc.

My DS8 was equally freaked out and completely intrigued by talking Mickey. Mickey pretended they were going to Neverland and they "flew" around the room together. My DS just looked at him the whole time like he wasn't sure if he should laugh or scream. It was an interesting experience to say the least!! DS does not want to visit with talking Mickey again :earseek:

I am in the creepy camp. I don't think it is the talking, but the eyes. Something off about them. I have a picture from this past May and it looks like the eyes are trying to suck out her soul.

This was one of the best moments of our most recent trip.

Mickey sang happy birthday to our DD. It was perfect. Not creepy to me in the least.

Talking Mickey is awesome. It did not seam creepy at all. If you have not experienced it, I highly recommend. I thought the little script/show was funny. I think you would like it.

I don't think it is the talking, but the eyes.

Thank you!!! I first saw this kind of costume in the trolley car show at California Adventure and ever since, every time I see the characters blinking/mouths moving it gives me the absolute heebie jeebies...

My DD was 8 the first time she saw talking Mickey. We all thought he was creepy. It is pre-programmed words and phrases so it does not feel natural at all. We saw him again when she was 9 last year, and it seemed like they had smoothed him out a bit to make him a little less unnatural and creepy, but we still are not big fans. Both times we watched little kids ask him questions where the answers were not part of his programmed phrases so what he said back just didn't go with what they were asking.

He is AWESOME! One of the best things we experienced during our October trip. Kids loved it (14.12, 8)

My son LOVES the talking Mickey. It's on his "must do" list for MK, every time we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter