• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talking Mickey?

revdon64

DIS Veteran
We're starting to plan for our FP's for our December trip and my DS5 is excited to meet the Talking Mickey that I've shown him on Youtube. Is that a regular thing at the M&G in town square now or is it still hit or miss? Thanks in advance!

Talking Mickey is the regular Mickey at Town Square. I've heard non-talking Mickey may take his place during parades and shows, but I am not convinced that is true.

I've been meeting Mickey literally my entire life...I was 33 when I met TALKING Mickey for the first time last year and he totally blew my mind. I'm glad I'm never too old for the Disney Magic. :)

He was talking when we saw him. It's a good one to use FP on, I've seen the waits at around a hour.

Talking Mickey is the regular Mickey at Town Square. I've heard non-talking Mickey may take his place during parades and shows, but I am not convinced that is true.

I've been meeting Mickey literally my entire life...I was 33 when I met TALKING Mickey for the first time last year and he totally blew my mind. I'm glad I'm never too old for the Disney Magic. :)

I can confirm that's not true! I met talking Mickey during the Main Street Electric Parade last trip and he spoke beautifully ;)

I can confirm that's not true! I met talking Mickey during the Main Street Electric Parade last trip and he spoke beautifully ;)
Thanks! I had no reason to believe that might be true, but thanks for confirming.

Mickey told us a joke about pirates and then we all did a pirate pose together. He also wished us a happy anniversary. It was awesome. :)

the only time he doesnt talk is when he is having technical problems which can happen whenever just like rides

When we went last year we heard so much about the talking Mickey but when we finally got through to him(no FP used) it was just like every other character...silence. Bit disappointing.

:mickeyjumWe met him this past May and he was great! He said something about my daughters princess dress and made her day. So cute! We explained the reason he can talk is because of a magic spell. She has met Mickey a lot but consistently talks about how when we go back she wants to see "magic Mickey"

When we met him, he wasn't talking. We were disappointed since we thought he always spoke. We nicknamed him "mute Mickey". Lol

:mickeyjumWe met him this past May and he was great! He said something about my daughters princess dress and made her day. So cute! We explained the reason he can talk is because of a magic spell. She has met Mickey a lot but consistently talks about how when we go back she wants to see "magic Mickey"

So cute, my son calls him Magic Mickey too! We told my son, Mickey can only talk there because it's the Magic Kingdom.

The first time we met Magic Mickey, he asked DS to do a magic trick with him, the last time he was telling jokes. It was really fun and I got a lot of really great pics!

Be prepared ... I will say at half our visits he was not talking so we only go now when the line is very short.

..... "saving his voice" says the CM.
..... "I want my FP+ back" says me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter