Talking Mickey at MK's Town Square Theater

marnym

Earning My Ears
:confused3 I've heard that Mickey talks at MK's Town Square Theater, I've also heard sometimes he doesn't. I don't want to get my kids excited if this is a random thing. Friends that just visited stood in line expecting this experience and Mickey did not talk - lots of crying from the kiddos. The CM there said Mickey was saving his voice, and another CM said there was no schedule available. Does anyone have any info they could share, please? We are going in February 2014. Thank you!

:confused3 I've heard that Mickey talks at MK's Town Square Theater, I've also heard sometimes he doesn't. I don't want to get my kids excited if this is a random thing. Friends that just visited stood in line expecting this experience and Mickey did not talk - lots of crying from the kiddos. The CM there said Mickey was saving his voice, and another CM said there was no schedule available. Does anyone have any info they could share, please? We are going in February 2014. Thank you!

To put it bluntly, he sometimes has technical difficulties. He should talk, but it's not possible to guarantee he will.

Just back and saw talking Mickey at Town Square. Not only did he talk he also did some card tricks.:yay: It was during the late parade at MVMCP and there were only a few people in line. He actually said he was worried no one was going to show up to see him.

Like Mesaboy2 said no guarantees I met him when I was about to leave after one of the MNSSHP I reacted like a 5 y/o shock and awe :rotfl2: Kind of cool & creepy at the same time I hope to see him again with my jaw off the floor next time

To follow up, I see no reason to tell them he talks and then there's no disappointment--assuming they don't know already.

We didn't tell the kids. They had met non talking Mickey a few times and we just wanted to see him to tell him Happy Birthday this time. The look on their faces ( and they are 11 and 9 ) when he came up and said Hello was so priceless! I am glad we didn't tell them ahead of time just for that. Just when they had it all figured out that all the characters were just people in costume, the real Mickey showed up!

We actually didn't know. I had some FP+ to book on our last day at MK and booked Mickey. We were all pretty shocked when he started talking. It was pretty cool.

What's the "mechanical difficulty" that keeps him from talking ?

We actually didn't know. I had some FP+ to book on our last day at MK and booked Mickey. We were all pretty shocked when he started talking. It was pretty cool.

What's the "mechanical difficulty" that keeps him from talking ?

Probably not one specific thing. He is highly complex and requires quite the entourage to work.

I reacted like a 5 y/o shock and awe :rotfl2: Kind of cool & creepy at the same time I hope to see him again with my jaw off the floor next time.

I had a similar reaction.

So much so, my photo with Mickey turned into the focal point of our family holiday card this year.

Thank you everyone:wave2: I agree about not telling them, and look forward to a wonderful trip.

Is he wearing his red pants and tuxedo or is he dressed in his wizard garb?

Neither, he's dressed like a magician.

My 5 month old LOVES meeting magician Mickey, she actually tried talking back during her last visit.

11464510013_8f4e933f3f_z.jpg

The video below is from our first meeting:

Magician Mickey at Magic Kingdom

Like Mesaboy2 said no guarantees I met him when I was about to leave after one of the MNSSHP I reacted like a 5 y/o shock and awe :rotfl2: Kind of cool & creepy at the same time I hope to see him again with my jaw off the floor next time

I had a similar reaction.

So much so, my photo with Mickey turned into the focal point of our family holiday card this year.

Make that three of us - DW and I met him during our last trip, and loved it so much that we went back again the following day during the MVMCP.

To the OP - I wouldn't tell them; it'd be an amazing surprise, and the possibility of a candid reaction caught on camera would be awesome.

To follow up, I see no reason to tell them he talks and then there's no disappointment--assuming they don't know already.

I agree, I wouldn't tell them about the talking Mickey ahead of time (barring you haven't already told them yet). If he talks while you are there then it will be a huge bonus for your family, and if he doesn't then it will be another M&G with Mickey. We are going in May and I am keeping a few small details about our trip a secret with the talking Mickey being one of them. I can't wait to see their reactions if he does talk, I know it will be priceless :goodvibes.

That photo and video are BEYOND adorable! Thank you for sharing! Makes me so excited to have my kids meet him next week. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter