• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to Me About the Avocado Margarita

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
So we're eating at San Angel Inn which I see has the same margaritas as what's available at La Cava. Last year I was too chicken to try the avocado margarita (went with the blood orange instead which was good). I'm afraid it will be thick and odd tasting. But I'm tempted because I do like avocado. If you've had it, what did you think?

I really like it. It picks up on the smooth, cool creaminess of avocado. It's sweetened too. If you think about it, avocado doesn't really have a strong flavor. It's kind of like unsalted butter. The texture isn't thick at all, just creamy. It's not even thick like a shake. It's more like having an alcoholic drink that has cream or milk in it, like a white Russian.

I had it for the first time at San Angel when I was there in September. I thought it was delicious. Very creamy but not thick like a shake. It had a subtle (not overly ripe) banana flavor to me.

I love margaritas, I love avocado, I do not like frozen margaritas or bananas, but I adored his drink. It is frozen (which I had missed prior to ordering it) and really doesn't taste like avocados. It is smooth, and amazing.

I love margaritas, I love avocado, I do not like frozen margaritas or bananas, but I adored his drink. It is frozen (which I had missed prior to ordering it) and really doesn't taste like avocados. It is smooth, and amazing.

Your tastes and mine seem align very well. I would say the same to your likes and dislikes. I guess I will give it a try.

You should definitely give it a whirl. It really has no discernible avocado taste at all, as others have said it just adds creaminess. It has melon liqour in it which is the predominant flavor, though it somehow ends up tasting like banana.

Is there a bad margarita?? Even the Jalapeño, which I would typically skip because I'm a hot pepper wimp, was magnificent! They even used to have Beet Margarita, which I tried just for the novelty of it and it was great!! Apparently not enough others thought so, because it was off the menu in February. Oh well...at least I can say I tried it!

I thought it was too sweet and personally not fond of the creamy texture. I dont like frozen margaritas either though !

I generally prefer the non-frozen variety, but sometimes the heat at WDW makes it mandatory to have frozen drinks. I did F&W last year during a very hot spell and drank frozen drinks exclusively...for health reasons of course. ;)

I love avocados so I tried it the last time we were there. While it was very tasty and liked it, it did make me realize that I prefer my margaritas on the rocks. It doesn't have the same consistency as a frozen margarita because it is really creamy, but like others have said it isn't as thick as a milkshake but it is much thicker than a regular non-frozen margarita. If you like avocados I would give it a try.

I didn't notice a banana taste. DH detests bananas, and he drank some without any problem.

Is there a bad margarita?? Even the Jalapeño, which I would typically skip because I'm a hot pepper wimp, was magnificent! They even used to have Beet Margarita, which I tried just for the novelty of it and it was great!! Apparently not enough others thought so, because it was off the menu in February. Oh well...at least I can say I tried it!

I was disappointed to miss the beet one; it didn't seem to be on the menu in December. We tried the horchata and coffee ones though. They were awesome. I have a goal of trying every single one of theirs. I'll have to see about the pepper ones though. Can't wait for the new outside booth to open.

You should definitely give it a whirl. It really has no discernible avocado taste at all, as others have said it just adds creaminess. It has melon liqour in it which is the predominant flavor, though it somehow ends up tasting like banana.

Thank you for the heads up about the melon flavor. That removes this one from my list as melon is not a flavor my tongue likes.

IMG_3195.JPG I think it's delicious. Refreshing and not a "guacamole slurpee" as some said to us! You have to try it! They will gladly give you a small sample.

I thought it was too sweet and personally not fond of the creamy texture. I dont like frozen margaritas either though !
I agree. I didn't like it at all and I love margaritas and I love avocados so I thought it was a win-win. Instead it was a meh-meh. I too prefer margaritas on the rocks, but I would choose a standard frozen margarita over the avocado one.

Thank you for the heads up about the melon flavor. That removes this one from my list as melon is not a flavor my tongue likes.

I would disagree with the melon flavor. While it does have some Midori in it, it's more for the vibrant green color and is nearly un noticeable with the tequila, avocado, lime juice and agave.

Epcot Avocado Margarita
1/2 ripe Haas avocado
2.5 oz. white 100% Agave Tequila
1/2 oz. Midori melon liquor
juice of one lime (about 1 oz.)
1 oz. Agave Syrup
Ice
Hibiscus salt for rim

This. I found it to be way too sweet, and I prefer my margaritas on the rocks. DH likes it though. I also don't get any banana flavor (which I hate) and really not much melon either.

I liked it but there is almost no way to describe it. I don't remember banana at all. It sounds weird but I got more of a cucumber-y flavor from the mixture. It definitely isn't avocado flavored. It's not like drinking liquid guacamole or anything of the sort.

I wanted to love it. Tequila? Avocados? Sign me up. It was a bit too sweet and too thick. Now that I see the recipe I wish it was half an ounce of tequila and no midori. I love the cucumber one! So refreshing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter