• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to me about Coronado Springs....

humboldthny

DIS Veteran
Considering a stay there on our next trip....we've stayed twice each at POFQ and CBR, once at ASMusic, and once off-site. My parents are coming with us and because of that values aren't a consideration due to their preferences, and deluxe are out due to our budget. FW Cabins are out - I am *not* sharing a bathroom because it takes my dad at least 3 times as long to get ready as it takes me :rotfl:

SO....Coronado Springs....pros? cons? good experiences? bad experiences? Lay it on me :)

We stayed there about 2 years ago. Nice hotel, good high end food court. I didnt like the TS for dinner but it had a good breakfast. I think it is similar to where you have stayed. Very spread out many bus stops around the property but everything seems to run efficiently.

Very nice, doesnt feel very disney to me. So I am neutral to it.

We really enjoyed it. Very colorful clean resort. The Dig Site is a great pool and playground area! If you like Southwest-Mexican-South American theme like we do, you should really enjoy it!!

DH and I loved it. Quieter than most Disney resorts. GREAT food court. It can be a long walk, but the busses have multiple pick up spots to take you to the parks or even to the main bldg. For kids it is probably not as "Disneyfied" and they might not find it quite as entertaining. Room sizes & beds were nice! We would love to go back!

Coronado Springs pros:

Beautiful rooms with comfortable queen size beds.
Lush landscaping with great walkways.
Fun Dig Site Pool area
Refreshing drinks both with alcohol and without.
The Pepper Market Food Court is the best on property at least out of the mods and deluxe resorts. I can't compare it to the values because we haven't stayed at one yet.
Helpful, sweet and well mannered CMs

Cons
Parks are not w/in walking distance.

Many of my pros have already been mentioned.

It is the only moderate with a fitness center and queen size beds.

It is a large area, with multiple bus stops. I know some people have complained about the buses, but it didn't bother me.

Having stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins, Pop, Grand Floridian, and Coronado Springs, Coronado is my favorite, hands down.

I agree with Flightless, who is the person who actually vouched for CSR when we were deciding between that and CBR last year (thanks, Duck!). We stayed at WL and both POs, and CSR is our favorite, without a doubt. Beautiful grounds, really neat pool and playground area, and a good quick service restaurant. Buses were not a problem for us, for the most part. We're going back again this year.

We LOVE CSR! DH won't stay anywhere else (unless we find the money for a deluxe!)

One of the best perks is how close the bus stop for CSR is at the parks. It's usually the first or second one, so you don't have to walk too far after a day of walking at the parks!

However, if you're not on a DDP, the Pepper Mkt is a little more upscale than your other resort CS and more expensive. So, if you need to eat at your resort, you may want to take that into account. Check out the menus under the dining tab.

I love CSR!! My DH and I stayed there during an anniversary trip a few years ago, and are returning to the resort this October to stay one night before we leave for a cruise the next day.

We have stayed at CSR, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Music and Pop Century and CSR has been our favorite by far.

One of the best things about CSR is you don't have to wait very long for the buses to pick you up from the resort and the parks. I think we waited about 5 min. once and the other times they were there waiting and we just walked right on.

The other thing that is great about CSR is the resort is beautiful! The themeing makes you feel like you are on the beaches of Cozumel, complete with hammocks! Or, if you are in the more secluded part of the resort, you are transported to the west!

The resort is a good choice all around IMHO.

Here's the current FAQ on CSR. Many many pictures and ask just about any question and get an answer!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2568966

It's a wonderful resort. Quiet, with great theming. It feels very secluded and like an oasis in the middle of the busy World. The pool is wonderful and they have the largest hot-tub of any of the resorts. We rarely eat at our resort, but have enjoyed Pepper Market when we have eaten there. The rooms are recently remodeled. The bus service is the best overall we've had at any Disney resort. It's a great choice!

We are staying at CSR this May before switching to the Poly.
We had dinner there last year and walked around the resort. So pretty! And the pool looked AWESOME!!
Can't wait!!

My friend and I stayed at CSR in early December. I am 59 and she is 76 (just FYI) and we liked it very much. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite (not sure why), and it was great. We were in Casitas 1 and loved that location. We had a rental car, so we only used the bus to go to MK. My friend has bad knees, so we drove to Bus Stop #2, parked the car and took the bus. Worked out great for us.

I liked the atmosphere of CSR. We had lunch at Pepper Market and the food was excellent. I would definitely stay there again.

Have fun!

CSR is okay in our opinion. It was a nice atmosphere, food choices, walkways, etc. The digsite looked really neat, and the playground was great for kids! The quick serve food was okay (same as any resort), and we did not do TS dinner. One biggest concern/problem was the convention center and all of the men walking around drinking/drunk. Let's face it, the people there for the convention were not there for the Disney factor.

We had one slight problem that Disney dropped the ball on--it was around 11pm one night when a highly intoxicated gentleman tried to break into our room. He first tried the door, inserting key and what not, for about 10-15 min. Then, he proceeded to try the window!! Once he realized there was a window he tried breaking it down with his whole body! We called security after about 5 minutes of him trying to get in through the door. They arrived 25 minutes (and two phone calls later). By this time, the gentlemen had wandered back downstairs and passed out on a bench! The security officers initially checked to see if we were okay, but they never returned after arresting the guy! Luckily it was just my husband and I, but had we had children with us, we would have been marching over to the front desk and changing resorts in the middle of the night. We frequent WDW 5+ times a year, and we were not pleased at all with this incident, or the way in which it was handled.

If the convention center was not there, we would stay there again, but we'll stick to Pop Century and Caribbean Beach!

I agree with Flightless, who is the person who actually vouched for CSR when we were deciding between that and CBR last year (thanks, Duck!). We stayed at WL and both POs, and CSR is our favorite, without a doubt. Beautiful grounds, really neat pool and playground area, and a good quick service restaurant. Buses were not a problem for us, for the most part. We're going back again this year.

Ok this is absolutely off topic, but I clicked on your link to read your TR since we are considering at stay at CSR....and I just have to tell you that I have an "Emily" too (yes, that's her name) and she is EXACTLY as you describe.....kind, sweet, and cuddly and THEN.....(you can fill in the blanks). I don't want to scare you, but she is 20 years old and she is still the SAME!

Thanks for posting the TR, I'm off to read it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter