• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk to me about concierge?

Is there a private pool as well?

Can anyone else offer input regarding concierge value for the Wonder and Magic? Is there a private pool too? Since a much smaller ship, I don’t notice the crowds especially in adult areas.
Anyone have photos of sundeck for comparison?

Same question for the Wish when the first group experiences it next June since the pool “looks “ so small with lounges on a separate deck.
We have not sailed concierge on the Wonder yet, but have booked for November and have watched a lot of videos. What I think is going to be good about the sundeck on the Wonder over the Dream is that the Wonder has a view out to the ocean. We are really looking forward to it!

Thank you everyone, do you think it's worth booking a cabana for January?

This was a picture from our cabana at the end of January 2020 - we lucked out and had an absolutely gorgeous day:

So yes, we definitely still felt it was worth it!

Is there a private pool as well?

Can anyone else offer input regarding concierge value for the Wonder and Magic? Is there a private pool too? Since a much smaller ship, I don’t notice the crowds especially in adult areas.
Anyone have photos of sundeck for comparison?

I have only sailed the Wonder and Magic so I don't know about the value compared to the big ships (or other cruise lines, for that matter). I found a photo of the upper sun deck from our cruise on the Wonder. It, uh, doesn't look that great, since it was raining out of Vancouver, but picture this with a sunny Caribbean day instead?

We feel concierge is 'worth it' for us, for many of the previously mentioned reasons - we like to go to the lounge, and I like feeling like we've got someone we can go to for any help we need that actually gets to know us over the course of the cruise. I can totally see how for some the value is not there, but if you've already decided to make the splurge, I say go for it and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

we are pretty excited to have our first concierge (1 bedroom in January on Dream) booked (well technically second booked since first booking was cancelled) . Would you do private transportation instead of DCL bus? We are stay at the Hyatt at MCO. if private, any recommendations? thanks

we are pretty excited to have our first concierge (1 bedroom in January on Dream) booked (well technically second booked since first booking was cancelled) . Would you do private transportation instead of DCL bus? We are stay at the Hyatt at MCO. if private, any recommendations? thanks
I would just take the bus. It starts running from the airport at 9:30, and boarding isn't happening until 11:30 or so, so you will have plenty of time to get to the terminal in time to board in group 1.

Normally I would definitely take the bus from MCO if staying at the Hyatt, but this time with the testing requirements, I wanted more control, so we rented a car. It did make the testing period easy as we parked and waited in the car. We arrived at the port just before 11am, and the first MCO bus had already let off its passengers, so if you're on that first bus, you'll be there as early as you can be.

Since 2004 we have cruised concierge 6 times out of 22 DCL cruises. All of them were discount upgrades at the port when it was fairly easy to upgrade. It's a very nice perk if you can get it at a really good price however I would not pay the standard cruise rate for concierge because I just can't justify that cost especially during this pandemic.

Not sure about Galveston or port upgrades but we sailed for the first time on the Wonder 2 weeks ago out of SD and a few days before departure my husband got a call about a complimentary upgrade to concierge! We are sure it ruined us for “regular” cruising. We loved the lounge and being able to get water and soda in our room. The service of the concierge staff was top notch and the “booze” cart was a life saver in the evenings when you didn’t want to trek to the Lounge.

that is a fantastic upgrade, just curious, how many Disney cruises have you been on? what was your original booked cabin catagory
wondering how they decide who gets the pixie dust

that is a fantastic upgrade, just curious, how many Disney cruises have you been on? what was your original booked cabin catagory
wondering how they decide who gets the pixie dust
It was our very first cruise ever! I think we were category 04A with a Fanily veranda stateroom midship. The upgrade moved us from 8054 to 8044. Plus we had bought all sorts of extras so that might have been part of it too (wine package, water, beer, birthday treat, unlimited photo package, etc). You are right, it was an awesome upgrade!!

It was our very first cruise ever! I think we were category 04A with a Fanily veranda stateroom midship. The upgrade moved us from 8054 to 8044. Plus we had bought all sorts of extras so that might have been part of it too (wine package, water, beer, birthday treat, unlimited photo package, etc). You are right, it was an awesome upgrade!!
Also we noted it was our daughter birthday and our anniversary too!

I sailed from SD last month (Oct) and got an upgrade at the port. I asked at checkin, they led me to another lady who told me how much it would be to upgrade, and made the switch for us.

Thanks. One more question: Do you now have to give gratuities to concierge host/hostesses in addition?
Yes, it is expected but they do charge them automatically, unlike other tipped positions. The subject has been discussed on these boards extensively and a wide range of amounts have been suggested. You are also expected to tip the Concierge food host and the Concierge bartender if you use his/her services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter