Talk to me about Animal Kingdom

If you want to do Tusker House breakfast, go first thinga at 8am, an hour before park opening. You will be done a few minutes before park opening and have a chance to meander and enjoy a deserted Harambe

Then you will also be ahead of the pack for the Safari, getting one of the first rides. After that head over to EE. By 930 945 you will have to 2 major rides and a great breakfast done

Kwaherini

I usually get a fastpass for the safari - then go on the Pangani Forest Trail while I wait for the fastpass time to come around. They have some gorillas there now and it is really interesting - especially in the morning as the gorillas are usually chowing down. WDW has really improved the trails/animals viewing areas all around the park this year - you can really see more animals now than say in March when I first got my AP. OF course it may depend on weather - how hot it is - to how many animals you see.

The safari is also updated - they now have zebra - and lots of animals out and about this winter.

AK must do's IMO -
EE
Pangani Forest Trail
Safari
Lion King Show
Nemo Show
It's Tough to be a Bug

do if you have time -
Flight of Wonders (bird show)
Dinosaur
Rafikis Planet Watch (if you have science/biologist types in your group - if not - you could pass - former Biology Teacher here so I like it)

Hope you enjoy your AK time!:)

And ditto for the White Elephant Chocolate Cupcakes at Kusafiri - YUM!

The Safari is best either first or towards the end of the day. Another great time is during rain.

Monkeys?? Bouncing off thread here yet my DS(16) ask does AK have monkeys and idk as this is our first WDW trip!?! Thanx for any info:)

Crystal Brewer said:
Monkeys?? Bouncing off thread here yet my DS(16) ask does AK have monkeys and idk as this is our first WDW trip!?! Thanx for any info:)

I should add I'm aware of the larger gorillas yet he's more of a fan of the smaller

I also have never seen the bird show... taking our 26th trip in May! I might just give it a try! We always spend at least 2 days at AK, just have never done the bird show. :)

We skipped it for years.
Then, took a chance one trip...

It's not your typical "bird show."
It's DISNEY!

Just see it.

I saw Flights of Wonder for the first time this past Saturday and I second this. Definitely do it! ("Baby Elvis" came right over my head!) They also did a pre-show outside the theatre where a handler did a demonstration with one of the birds that was neat.

I had a wonderful day at AK this past Saturday, and here's what I did:
Met my heroes, Russell & Dug from Up
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest trail
Finding Nemo musical (I LOVE this show!)
Lunch of honey chicken and egg roll from Anandapur/Yak & Yeti counter svc
Flights of Wonder
Maharajah Jungle Trek (always a must do, I love the tigers)
Festival of the Lion King (I'm not a Lion King fan, and even I enjoy this)
Jammin' Jungle Parade (finally saw this for the first time!)

I don't do Everest. Never done Dinosaur, which gets mostly negative reviews here. Usually do "Tough to be a Bug," which I think is really fun (then again, Hopper is one of my favorite characters ever), but skipped it this trip. Be advised that you are likely to get SOAKED beyond imagination on Kali.

I really like AK and would never want to skip it. (But then again, I could never bring myself to skip any of the parks.)

karly05 said:
I saw Flights of Wonder for the first time this past Saturday and I second this. Definitely do it! ("Baby Elvis" came right over my head!) They also did a pre-show outside the theatre where a handler did a demonstration with one of the birds that was neat.

I had a wonderful day at AK this past Saturday, and here's what I did:
Met my heroes, Russell & Dug from Up
Kilimanjaro Safari
Pangani Forest trail
Finding Nemo musical (I LOVE this show!)
Lunch of honey chicken and egg roll from Anandapur/Yak & Yeti counter svc
Flights of Wonder
Maharajah Jungle Trek (always a must do, I love the tigers)
Festival of the Lion King (I'm not a Lion King fan, and even I enjoy this)
Jammin' Jungle Parade (finally saw this for the first time!)

I don't do Everest. Never done Dinosaur, which gets mostly negative reviews here. Usually do "Tough to be a Bug," which I think is really fun (then again, Hopper is one of my favorite characters ever), but skipped it this trip. Be advised that you are likely to get SOAKED beyond imagination on Kali.

I really like AK and would never want to skip it. (But then again, I could never bring myself to skip any of the parks.)

Do Dinosaur. I think it's fun. But more importantly the whome are is incredibly themed

At least stroll thru it

We love AK, and I'm another vote to squeeze in Rafiki's Planet Watch if you can. :thumbsup2 We go pretty much every time we go to AK, and that's been almost every time we go to WDW! While you're on the train, you get to see the barns and other buildings the animals go to for sleeping and care; there are often animals in those areas, and the last time there were several white rhinos out and about! The train is a break from walking - but when you get there you're walking again, :) there's a path leading from the train station to the actual building holding Planet Watch. On the path there are a couple of stopping points; one holds cute little monkeys (I think they're called tamarins), there's another especially for little children (which we don't stop for because there are no little kids with our normal traveling party right now!). When you get there, there are several different areas; we love the Song of the Rainforest booths, the 'conservation station' area where you may see animals in the surgical area, see and feel all the different kinds of food the animals get, Rafiki is often there; in the past we've seen Jiminy Cricket and Pocahontas there, but I think they've changed that. They've always had an animal of some kind exhibited, up close and personal; some can be touched, some can't! They've had several lizards; I own a Bearded Dragon, so it was interesting to see one exhibited there! The last time we were there, just last weekend, they had a beautiful redbacked hawk - you couldn't touch her, but you could get reeeaaaallly close! Amazing! And I've yet to see any little kid that doesn't love a petting zoo, and quite a few adults too! If you like looking for Hidden Mickeys, don't just walk past the amazing animal mural in the entryway! I definitely recommend Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Crystal Brewer said:
I should add I'm aware of the larger gorillas yet he's more of a fan of the smaller

DAK has colobus monkeys on the Pangani trail. There are mandrills on the safari.

Also there r cotton top tamarins at Rafikis Planet Watch. Around the Tree of Life are tso types of tamarins and two kinds of lemurs

MJMcBride said:
DAK has colobus monkeys on the Pangani trail. There are mandrills on the safari.

Also there r cotton top tamarins at Rafikis Planet Watch. Around the Tree of Life are tso types of tamarins and two kinds of lemurs

Thanks much I think I'll keep location to myself just so I can see his face He absolutely loves them lol His thought is to turn my glass coffee table into an aquarium for finger monkeys rofl

our 1st trip we went to its tough to.be a bug with my DS who was 3 at the time .... he was terrified and was scared to go to any shows the rest of the trip!

we laugh about it now, but at the time it was not funny :)

we love FOTLK!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter