Talk me out of, or into photopass(+)

Atrain13

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on getting it for our trip in Oct and I think that it'd be worth it but I'm not 100% sure.

It'll be nice to have someone take pictures of us while we're at the park, on rides, and at all of our dining locations. But it's also $160. While the money isn't really an issue, they are just pictures. I do believe we will be meeting with some characters so that will be a big pro to getting them. Before I just make this a big ramble of my own thoughts, I"ll stop here. Just would like ideas. FWIW, it's just 2 adults, no kids.

TIA.

I won't be much help, since I'm getting it for my DS's first trip. Yes, it's a bit costly, but I'm skipping taking his professional pics for his birthday and doing the PP+ instead. Since the professional pics usually cost a lot more, I think I'm getting a deal :thumbsup2

If I were just going as two adults I still would probably do it though. I'm a BIG picture taker, and it would be nice to be able to get pics of both of you, instead of just having one of you in each of the pics. I love pictures, so they are very much worth it to me! I'm sure you will decide what's best for you ;)

I decided on FP+ cause its my bfs first trip to the world and last time I ended up buying the photopass CD and got some pictured from rides so I think its worth it. Plus I defently want to be in all of our pictures together.:thumbsup2

Love the idea of getting all my ride photos. I think right there it will pay for itself.

Also, dumb question, but can someone link me exactly where to go to buy the photo pass +? I'm on their photo page but not exactly figuring it out.

AHHHHH Im just not sure if I'll get it. It'd be nice to get all of our ride photos though & we have reservations at CRT,chef mickeys..... & are going to hween party too. hmmm......

If I get the super photo pass. Who do I give the voucher to to get the advanced photo pass? LIke how do they know I paid the $169 to get all the ride photos ect included in my package? Do they look special or something? :)

There are two photopass CD options -

The first is the regular photopass where you can get your picture taken with any photopass photographer, including at character meet and greets and roaming in the parks. Once you get home, you can add borders to the pics taken and then you get a CD with all the pics. You do not have to pre-order this option as you can have all the same pics taken and then look at them when you get home. If you like them all enough, you can order the CD afterwards. There is a discount to pre-ordering though, so many people do. With this option you can also pre-order and then return the pre-order for a refund if you end up not liking to pictures, so there really is no risk to pre-ordering this one. This does NOT include ride photos or meal photos, those would be a separate outside cost with this option. (pre-order is $120 ... http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx)

The photopass+ is the same as above with the added bonus of getting ride photos and meal photos. There are not actually photopass photographers in the meal with you, you still have to take your own pics when the characters come to the table, but there is one photo taken outside with a character or a special background for the meals mentioned on the photopass+ site. Those pics would be included digitally and you get the print copy of them while you are in the park as well. The ride photos only include a digital copy. This option has to be purchased prior to collecting those photos during your vacation. You can either pre-purchase it with the link above and save some money, or you can purchase it in the parks. But you cannot get ride photos or character meal photos until this is purchased unless you pay for them out of pocket. There is NO refund on this product. (pre-order is $170, linked above in another post)

If you are doing a lot of rides and character meals and really want those pics, I say order the photopass+. Remember this option has no refund. But if you just want pictures of the two of you in the parks and at the meet and greets, I say pre-order the regular photopass, then decide after the trip if you like the pics enough to actually get the CD or you can get a refund if you don't.

Good luck!
Rachel

If I get the super photo pass. Who do I give the voucher to to get the advanced photo pass? LIke how do they know I paid the $169 to get all the ride photos ect included in my package? Do they look special or something? :)

No idea what you mean by "super" and "advanced". :rotfl: You will only get a voucher if you preorder the Photopass+. You will trade that voucher in at one of the many Photopass+ distribution locations throughout the parks and DTD (and a few resorts, I think). They will give you a hard plastic card that is different than a normal Photopass card. That card is what you need to show at rides and meals. You can also get regular Photopass cards if your group splits up, but you must use the hard card for rides. If your group splits and does rides, have them write down the number of their photo so it can be added when you all get together again. It must be done that day (or possibly just within 24 hours).

We always pre-order the photopass. This year, when the photopass + was offered, it was a no-brainer for us....I ran the numbers, and with the photos at the rides and restaurants...it will save us money. Plus, I have always been very happy with the photos that they take.

I preordered Photopass+ for my January trip because 1) It's a long trip - 11 days, 2) I have ADRs at almost all the dining locations where the photo's included, and 3) I ride all the rides where the photo's included.

I wouldn't do it for a short trip or if I wasn't eating at so many of the character meals.

No idea what you mean by "super" and "advanced". :rotfl: You will only get a voucher if you preorder the Photopass+. You will trade that voucher in at one of the many Photopass+ distribution locations throughout the parks and DTD (and a few resorts, I think). They will give you a hard plastic card that is different than a normal Photopass card. That card is what you need to show at rides and meals. You can also get regular Photopass cards if your group splits up, but you must use the hard card for rides. If your group splits and does rides, have them write down the number of their photo so it can be added when you all get together again. It must be done that day (or possibly just within 24 hours).

I forget the name of it & made up my own LOL THANK YOU!!!!!! :) I think I will bite the bullet & order for my trip!

I pre-purchased the FP+ for our trip last week. I'm not sure I'd say I got $160 worth out of it, but I'm still happy I did it. It's definitely nice to have family pictures and not one of us missing behind the camera. For us personally, we would've gotten a lot more out of it if our DS4 wasn't going through a phase of not wanting to have his picture taken. It took a lot of convincing to get him to pose for the few I really wanted (like in Main Street in front of the castle). Where we really got value was in the character meet & greets and a few of our character meals. With both Ohanas and Tuskers (there are others as well that we did not go to), we got the printed photo package that are worth about $35 each. So right there, we were almost to half the $160. Would I have bought those photos without the FP? Probably not, which is why I say it's hard to tell if you get actual value out of it. But, it sure is nice to have those photos now, so no regrets.

I know at CRT, photos are included with your dinner cost. They used to be at Akershus, too, but I don't know if that has changed with the advent of Photopass +.

Get it. I know someone here once said if you pre-order and tell the PP photographer they take about 10 more pictures eachtime. Especially with the ride pictures for Ppass+

Think about how many photos you'll want to buy. If it's more than about 12-ish then it's a good deal. Also think about if you want ride photos because that's really what they're offering with PP+! Those run about $15/photo.

I like photopass - I purchased it on my last trip to Disney and will likely purchase it on my future trips. BUT I am someone who loves having pictures of my travels so getting lots of good photos is important to me. I also like to get the entire group in my pictures but hate always having to stop and ask strangers to take pictures for me so paying some extra money to have CMs (with nice cameras!) take them for me is pretty much a dream come true. :thumbsup2

I just recently finished all my "edits" and ordered my CD so a few thoughts from someone with a fresh memory:

- Have a general idea of where PP photographers are stationed in the park ahead of time. Here is a link I used to refresh my memory each morning before going to the park: http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm#locations.
- Brainstorm ahead of time some fun poses you might like to try...something you can possibly have silly or creative kids think about before the trip. I love getting the PP pics but when I was reviewing mine I noticed most of the photogs used the same pose: basic smiling, leaning backs against each other, arms up in the air, etc. They are still great pictures but variety is the spice of life! Does everyone have Mickey hats? Did DS get a toy pirate sword or lightsaber? After you get your "nice" shots let them be silly and play around! Most PP photogs will just snap away and it can make for some nice pictures.
- And last but not least, definitely set aside time to go through your pictures, make edits and add borders on the PP website soon after your trip. The PP pics are only good for 30 days and then they expire and are gone...unless you want to pay for an extension. I'm a procrastinator and after a vacation tend to get overwhelmed getting caught up at work, home etc and I'm embarassed to admit I had to do this after my last trip. It's not as good of a deal money-wise if you have to fork over more $$ for an extension!

That being said I'm still happy I purchased it and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. I only wish I had had the option of PP+ at the time because I LOVE getting ride photos but normally pass them up because of the extra money. I'm so glad you can now add them to PP.

I know at CRT, photos are included with your dinner cost. They used to be at Akershus, too, but I don't know if that has changed with the advent of Photopass +.

As of a few weeks ago, someone reported that the restaurants that included photos still do, but if you have PP+ you get a second set of prints. You can ask for different poses for each set too. So one of just the kids and one of everyone .... or whatever. So it's still a good deal even with the restaurants that include photos.

Cheers!
Rachel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter