talk me into MNSSHP...

tiggerstail

Earning My Ears
I have only been once, and my experience was it was so hot and extremely overcrowded. We had to stand in line so long for rides the kids got very little candy. They want to go again this year, but tickets are $250 for all of us. Is it worth it?

I am interested as well. We had been one time many years ago and was under-impressed for the cost. We would be spending close to $250 as well and are thinking to skip it this trip. I can't image that my family would be able to recoup the costs in that much candy. Is it really worth it? What is the special draw that I may have missed in the past?

Hmmm did you go ON halloween? We usually go the third week of September or so and try to make it to a weeknight party. We have NEVER had this experience. Well weather I mean you can't control that. BUT lines? Overcrowded? That has never been our experience. We went round and round and round on Buzz lightyear so many times last year that I may never need to ride it again! LOL! The girls where having so much fun that they kept chanting "again, again!" and since there were ZERO lines we rode again, again!

We had at LEAST 10lbs of candy last year! We took it home on the plane and TSA looked at us like we were crazy!! LOL!

I have only been once, and my experience was it was so hot and extremely overcrowded. We had to stand in line so long for rides the kids got very little candy. They want to go again this year, but tickets are $250 for all of us. Is it worth it?

If you need to be "talked into" going again after having a bad time, it doesn't seem like you want to go....:confused3 I don't know that I'd go again if you really didn't have fun . It's alot of money to spend for an evening if you're unsure. :goodvibes

did you do the parade and fireworks and not like it? then dont go

MNSSHP is the only party that we have not done and we bought tickets to 3 nights this year. Our past experience with parties have always been amazing and we between the characters, parades and extras, not to mention non-existent lines, we cut out almost all of our daytime at MK to go to the parties. Having said that, we've never had a bad party experience and have always found them to be worth the cash however, not everyone has good experiences and $250 is pretty steep if you aren't sure.

We went for the first time last year and loved it. I think it is the BEST WDW parade by far, (see the first one with the headless horseman--I don't think he rides in the second one.) The candy isn't that great, but we didn't really do the trick-or-treating thing more than twice. We walked on all the rides except Peter Pan, but even that line wasn't that long. The castle lit up with spooky spotlights is very cool--they kept changing the colors so every time we looked up, the castle was a different color. I really liked the moving shadows projected on the Main Street buildings. Also, last year, they had Cinderella's carriage out and all lit up for pictures. It also seemed like there were a lot of "rare" character greets, like Snow White and all seven dwarfs. My daughter was dressed as Tinkerbell, and got a kick of being asked for her autograph by a cast member. We did attend mid-week, so that may have had a lot to do with our low-crowds experience. We would definitely do it again, even over the Christmas party. It just seems like more fun to us.

If you didn't enjoy it the first time and need to be talked into it, I doubt it'd be worth it for you to try it again. We adore MNSSHP and have a blast...as two adult 20-somethings, NO kids! On the other hand, I've only done MVMCP once and found it to be a total waste of money...if I let someone coax me into going again, I'd probably still feel the same after. Unless there were circumstances that will change with a second party attempt, such as a different group with you, or if perhaps you were sick or having a bad day during the first party....if you really just didn't like what was offered at the party, I don't think that will change.

last year was my first experience doing the MNSSHP and we had a fabulous time.

We always go in Nov/Dec and do the MVCMP. We learned from that to buy 2 night tickets because WE noticed we can't do it all during 1 party. I like characters my son likes rides so we do MY character hunting during the first party and his stuff during the 2nd party.

Last year we planned to return in Nov/Dec but hubby had to bail out so mom and I decided to change our dates to fit in with the Halloween party.

I had my 8 1/2 year old son and my handicapped mom with me. After doing the MVMCP about 6 times in 3 years, I must say the MNSSHP ROCKS.....

Of course it was hot it was in the 90's but we expected it so we dressed for it.
My son doesn't eat much candy but he got tons of it.

here is a fast recap of LAST years events
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2307331

I do understand that some things might change this year LOL

Well it all depends on what date your going to the party if its the same day were going no I don't go I don't want to talk you into it :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter