Talk me into CSR and Pepper Market

Robin4

Mouseketeer
We just returned home from the Poly 2 days ago and of course are already planning our next trip :cloud9: We absolutely loved the Poly but financially do not see ourselves there next visit. After seeing the new rooms at CSR we are thinking about staying there next time. We normally stay at POR and feel like that is home so we're worried that we will be disapointed with CSR. Also we haven't quite figured out how Pepper Market works. So for all of you CSR fans out there talk me into it and help make sense of Pepper Market for me :)

We just returned home from the Poly 2 days ago and of course are already planning our next trip :cloud9: We absolutely loved the Poly but financially do not see ourselves there next visit. After seeing the new rooms at CSR we are thinking about staying there next time. We normally stay at POR and feel like that is home so we're worried that we will be disapointed with CSR. Also we haven't quite figured out how Pepper Market works. So for all of you CSR fans out there talk me into it and help make sense of Pepper Market for me :)

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (which I've been accused of before), we absolutely love the CSR. We've tried hard to try other places, but we are just, like you said about POR, at "home" at the CSR. We love the theme, we love that it is spread out because it never seems crowded and it is so peaceful (even with a convention in attendance). We love that it has a fitness center/spa (which I use), we love the Dig Site pool with the slide (and even at 50+ we still use it), we love the new nighttime lounge. We have ALWAYS had outstanding service, clean rooms, etc. I can't comment on the buses because we don't use them (we rent a car).

We have stayed seven times and there has been a convention all seven times (sometimes two going on). We have never had an issue with the convention people...don't even know they are there unless I see them walking to their meetings in the morning or they are sitting at the bar having a drink at night. I've seen maybe two people walking in a suit (and they could have been Disney management for all I know); it has never taken away from "a vacation feel" for me. The GF, Y&B, CR are also convention resorts as well and don't get the grief that the CRS does.

Now, the Pepper Market. This is an either love it or hate it place. I really don't know what to tell you about it as the menu is rapidly changing and there is talk that it will be turned into a "Boma" type buffet in the future. We do love the new Cafe Rix "grab and go" section and I am posting menus here for you to have a look in case you haven't seen.

If you have any specific questions, ask away. There are a lot of us CSR lovers who will be happy to help you.

menu1.jpg

menu2.jpg

CafeRix1.jpg

CafeRix1.jpg

CafeRix3.jpg

*Also, we used to always stay at the Poly and although we loved it, we love CSR more (and the CSR has a hot tub--something the Poly does not)

I don't know where you live so here's my answer.

IF you've never been to (or don't live in) the Southwest (like I do) or Mexico, then CSR looks like a fun place. For me, staying at CSR would be like exchanging where I live, NM, for where I'm vacationing, and that wouldn't be so much fun.

If you like the items listed on the menu board, that would be another plus.

I won't stay at CSR ever again until they change the Pepper Market and do away with all the conventioneers. The Pepper Market is confusing and expensive and don't even get me started on the scam that is the gratuity just to sit indoors. :rolleyes: Also, it is one of the main convention resorts and in my opinion it really shows. There are people walking around all day in business attire and then they monopolize the outdoor seating area at night. The resort itself is gorgeous but it doesn't give me that vacation feel with all those people on cell phones and carrying laptops and name badges that say "Hello, my name is ..."

I won't stay at CSR ever again until they change the Pepper Market and do away with all the conventioneers. The Pepper Market is confusing and expensive and don't even get me started on the scam that is the gratuity just to sit indoors. :rolleyes: Also, it is one of the main convention resorts and in my opinion it really shows. There are people walking around all day in business attire and then they monopolize the outdoor seating area at night. The resort itself is gorgeous but it doesn't give me that vacation feel with all those people on cell phones and carrying laptops and name badges that say "Hello, my name is ..."

I could not agree more. While I thought the rest of the resort was alright, and we absolutely loved the feature pool, the one time we tried to eat lunch at the Pepper Market was a disaster, and probably the least "Magical" time I've ever spent at WDW. First of all there were dozens, if not hundreds, of conventioneers dressed in business casual attire with their nametags on, all trying to pack into this place for lunch. It was to the point where the wait would have been 45 minutes just to find a table, and probably at least 15-20 minutes just to get to the end of the food line. No way am I waiting that long for a food court. Second, we just don't want to be around a "business atmosphere" when we're on vacation and consciously do not even pack a pair of slacks just for this reason.

If you're on convention and eating and spending time on your company's dime, there's nowhere on earth I'd rather be for this purpose, but if you're trying to enjoy WDW with your family, I'd avoid the Pepper Market as much as possible.

I personally have no problem with people in "business casual" attire at Disney, as long as I'm not one of them! :rotfl: Doesn't bother me a bit. And yes, there were 2 conventions when we were last there.

I'm not sure why people get so confused about how the Pepper Market works. The only real difference between it and a regular food court that I can see (in terms of how it works rather than the pricing/tip issue) is that at PM you eat first and then pay, while at "regular" food courts, you pay and then eat. At regular food courts there are different stations, and so people may get their food at different times; same at Pepper Market. At Pepper Market, though, almost all of the food is cooked fresh. You stand in the line, order your food, they cook it and stamp a card you're given when you enter that indicates what you've bought. If you're eating in, you go sit down, eat, and then hand the cashier the card. The cashier adds it up and you pay. If you're taking your food to go (which also avoids the 10% gratuity), you get your food, hand the cashier the card, pay and go.

And yes, if you're not on the dining plan, it's expensive. Otherwise, it counts as 1 CS credit on any of the dining plans, including QS.

How does at work at Pepper Market with the QSDP?

It's a counter service restaurant so it counts as one meal credit. You get your normal entree, drink and desert. The 10% "tip" for eating indoors is covered by the dining plan also.

Personally I wouldn't eat at PM again unless I was on the dining plan, we ate there one night last year, for what we paid for two adults and two children it wasn't worth it. You can get your meals to go and eat outside and avoid the built in tip also.

As for the convention crowds, guess we got lucky, I believe the conference taking place when we were there was something for education of special needs children, no mass of crowds walking around in suits talking on their cell phones :)

Overall we liked the CSR, the rooms were nice and the pool was great.

I personally have no problem with people in "business casual" attire at Disney, as long as I'm not one of them! :rotfl: Doesn't bother me a bit. And yes, there were 2 conventions when we were last there.

Agreed. And they tend to forget that there are OTHER convention resorts at Disney, including the GF, the CR, BW and Y & B Club -- and they have "business people" there as well.

Conventioners don't bother me. Never have, never will. It's not really as bad as everyone says it is, and you can find a list of when the conventions are, so you can plan around that if it's an issue. They keep to themselves. Every now and then, I've found that the hot tub was crowded with conventioners, but never to the point where there wasn't room for us. I actually thought it was neat to get to know some of the people. There are conventions at other resorts, too.

Pepper Market, IMO, is awesome. I love that DH and I can get whatever we want, even if we're in the mood for totally opposite things. It is only confusing if you don't know how to listen to the person who explains it. If you are confused after their explanation, ask questions! It's basically as simple as this: Choose what you want. Hand card to person preparing that food. They stamp the card and hand it back to you. Do this for each thing you want. At the end of the meal, hand card to the cashier at the exit. How is that confusing in any way? Maybe it's the teacher in us, but DH and I can't stand when people don't listen to directions and then whine about being confused.

I have stayed at all the moderates and a few deluxes and CSR is my favorite resort. It never seems busy, it is full of beautiful courtyards, fountains, hammocks... and there is nothing like the beauty of CSR and Lago Dorado at night. :cloud9:

I have had less than great stays at POR and POFQ, but I have never had a bad stay at CSR.

The Waiter told my husband that the tip at the Pepper Market was not included. This is sort of a joke because the only thing the waiter does is bring you drinks. You have to get your own food.

I would never eat here unless I was on the dining plan. It is really expensive!
13 dollars for a chicken sandwich and fries. You will go broke here if you are not on the dining plan.

The food is very good though. We took many orders to go and ate outside or took it to the pool. Which is a really far walk.

The Waiter told my husband that the tip at the Pepper Market was not included. This is sort of a joke because the only thing the waiter does is bring you drinks. You have to get your own food.

I would never eat here unless I was on the dining plan. It is really expensive!
13 dollars for a chicken sandwich and fries. You will go broke here if you are not on the dining plan.

The food is very good though. We took many orders to go and ate outside or took it to the pool. Which is a really far walk.

This is one of the few problems we have with the Pepper Market -- and that is their inconsistency in whether or not the 10% is included on the dining plan or not. We have always been told that it IS and we have never paid it. However, we truly would rather eat our food outside, and often take it to go and sit by the lake (I agree...the walk to the pool from PM is very long; when we want to eat at the pool, we use Siesta's).

We are staying at CSR for the first time next week and I can't wait to try the Pepper Market. Thanks Katmark for the menus and food pics. Now I can try to decide what to order before we even get there.:rotfl:

We are staying at CSR for the first time next week and I can't wait to try the Pepper Market. Thanks Katmark for the menus and food pics. Now I can try to decide what to order before we even get there.:rotfl:

That was the menu for Cafe Rix, not the Pepper Market. The last menu I saw for Pepper Market was outdated (I understand some things have been dropped and some added).

But have a great trip! And I hope you'll let us know how it went. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter