Talk me INTO Boardwalk Club Level?

Like everything in life, its all about your attitude. I totally get why you are upset. Really, most spouses would given your past conversations. Imagine that CL is like a ruby necklace and you really are not a ruby girl. In fact, you kinda really don't like rubies at all and if you had the choice you'd rather have had a sapphire and you've discussed in the past so many time how blue is your favorite color and don't like red at all but still, once he saw the ruby necklace he though how lovely you would look in it.

Or maybe he gave you the gift of a cook but you'd rather have some one clean the house because you like cooking and he knows how much you like cooking
so... that said

Go with the flow. He booked it, now make the best of it.

I still make my own ressies. I, too, enjoy that aspect of it.

Instead of stopping to get groceries, go straight to check in a let yourself feel a little special in the way you get checked in as opposed to having to check in with the masses. Is that alone worth spending CL prices on your trip? Heck no, HOWEVER, let it be the beginning of that little extra pixie dust. It is a nicer way to start.

Its all in your choice of attitude

First of all, great analogy with the necklace! We have had a couple literal gift times just like that--a necklace in one case, and a purse in another. He has excellent taste usually, but even the best gift givers get it wrong sometimes. So we talked about it and we went to the store to return them and choose something else. Only twice in 15 years...good track record, that guy has!

By reminding me of the times he graciously understood a mis-gifting, compared to his digging his heels in on this one, I think you and others are right that this is as much about his wish as my birthday. So I will roll with it.

Yes, pixie dust. Focus on that, I shall. But they can pry my trip planning from my cold, dead hands. If ADR's were still lots of phone calls, I think I might have used the IPO this trip. But My Disney Experience online makes it super easy. There is only one ressie we couldn't get online, and when I contacted the IPO folks to see if they could get it for us they couldn't either. We are on a waiting list, though, which is one thing I couldn't do for myself. I will chalk that up to pending-pixie dust!

And of course, the reason I started this thread is BECAUSE I want to shift my attitude. Thanks for your help!

Okay, my 2 cents --

1. Your husband clearly has always wanted to try Club Level -- and he thought this was the trip to try it. It seems he is a loving, caring and special hubs and so I would go ahead and indulge him.

You got him all figured out! :)

The morning breakfast is nice -- and so relaxing not to have to worry about where we are going to eat breakfast or just eat yogurt out of the fridge (after a stop at the grocery store). Although we love table service dining and do it for lunch and dinner with wine and the whole nine yards, we really hate table service breakfast -- the places are always full of kids who can't wait to get to the parks and are running around like chickens with their head cut off in anticipation.

Totally agree with these sentiments! Hubby's favorite meal of the day is breakfast, and if he could have eggs and bacon and skillet potatoes for every meal he just might. It is one thing that bums us out at WDW is not having great options for TS breakfast.

4. One final tip -- if your mother and sister are staying in the same resort but not Club Level -- put them on your reservation. It will cost about $50 more per night if they are both adults (perhaps you mom or sister will reimburse you for that). Then, they will have Club Level room keys and can enjoy the lounge offerings and concierge assistance, but stay in their own room. I have also had an experience where the concierge asked if we had family elsewhere in the resort and encouraged us to bring them to the lounge. But, I wouldn't count on that. If you put them on your reservation -- totally legal and above board You can enjoy breakfast, evening offerings, wine, etc. together with them. That's worth $25 per person per day IMO.

I am not sure how that would work out. If the same name were on multiple reservations, wouldn't that be a red flag or something for the staff? I am willing to do it if it is truly legit and doesn't cause the computer to go "Hey WAIT A MINUTE! Cancel those duplicate reservations..."

Upshot -- Go and enjoy, encourage your hubs to live his fantasy and you may find you love it too.
I will. Thanks! :)

We've stayed club level at all but one of the Disney resorts and BWI is the best! Anita is fabulous. BTW, I still make all of our plans. IPO was able to snag me a reservation for 8 at Cinderella's table several years ago when none were showing online or by phone. It's the only time I used them to book a reservation.

We love Anita at BWI. She would talk with us everyday and always remembered what we did the day before and ask us about it. One day my youngest DD wasn't feeling well and she went and got her ginger ale and brought it to the room. She kept checking on us to see what we needed. She is wonderful.

Please tell Anita that the Disboards love her.

Well, we have done CL at WL, BC, and Boardwalk. I upgraded to a deluxe CL for my birthday last year. We had several issues that made it not so magical but it was mainly due to having kids and being placed on a different floor(many deluxe rooms are on the third floor. IT was crazy inconvenient with a stroller. But you should be alright.

I think you really need to go with the flow and try to get excited about it. My advice is 1. make sure all the staff knows it is your big birthday trip. I have gotten some nice signed cards and candies etc. and 2. know that you can ask for things currently not out and bring it back to your room. (They have a prep. room they keep stocked to rotate things in and out. We would get bottled waters, cokes, beers etc. and bring them back to the room for later. They were very accomodating. I also saw a few people being given a whole bowl of the homemade chips to bring back to their room to munch on. YOu can bring glasses of wine or beer back to your room while getting ready to go out to dinner, even if you don't partake in the appetizers. At WL, we were never there for the evening desserts, after explaining I was bummed about missing it the staff put together a little plate of goodies and a caraffe a milk for us when we returned. I did not ask for it, they just did it. At BEach club we were staying in a suite on a different level and the staff always checked in with us and would send us out with Dasani waters and a large bottle of sparkling water because my daughter preferred it. They would give the kids a bowl of swedish fish to keep in the room. So don't hesitiate to ask, the staff really is great! Also, it is a very long walk to fill your mugs at the BOardwalk and miserable if its raining. SO having coffee, hot tea, soda water beer etc is a really really big perk at the Boardwalk.

Disneyfan-Yes isn't Anita awesome??!! I like all of the cast members but she is the best one of all. Can't wait to see her in July/August:)

Disneyfan-Yes isn't Anita awesome??!! I like all of the cast members but she is the best one of all. Can't wait to see her in July/August:)

Sfbank: yes she is. We actually wrote a letter on her behalf. She went above and beyond any other CM that we ever met. Plus it was lovely talking to her.

@Clotho I'm happy you decided to go with CL. I've done it twice, once at WL and once at GF. It isn't something I always do or need but man is it a nice treat. And since you're coming in September Boardwalk should be done with their renovations by then. You'll have a newly renovated room and CL lounge. :)

@Clotho I'm happy you decided to go with CL. I've done it twice, once at WL and once at GF. It isn't something I always do or need but man is it a nice treat. And since you're coming in September Boardwalk should be done with their renovations by then. You'll have a newly renovated room and CL lounge. :)

I am excited about the renovations. Getting to enjoy it so brand spanking new is fantastic!

Okay, my 2 cents --

1. Your husband clearly has always wanted to try Club Level -- and he thought this was the trip to try it. It seems he is a loving, caring and special hubs and so I would go ahead and indulge him.

2. We had never stayed Club Level before until we were generously upgraded to main building club level at the Grand Floridian about 10 years ago. Disney obviously knew what they were doing. We loved it and have stayed Club Level every trip since that time. We've stayed Club Level again at GR main building, at Beach Club, Yacht Club, Animal Kindgom Lodge, Boardwalk Inn and Wilderness Lodge. As others said, once you do Club Level, it's hard to go back! (We also love Portofino Bay Club Level at Universal, which is even nicer than at WDW).

3. Why do we love it? We have a lovely staff to interact and visit with that is at the ready to assist us. A few months ago, they managed BOG for us on a last minute cancellation. They do their best to rearrange dining times (I don't know about Fast Pass+ times as this has happened since our last visit, but I will find out soon as we are slated for Yacht Club Club Level soon). They are able to assist in others ways -- the GF concierge volunteered to get a Mickey Mouse watched fixed for us at her jeweler on her way into work.

The morning breakfast is nice -- and so relaxing not to have to worry about where we are going to eat breakfast or just eat yogurt out of the fridge (after a stop at the grocery store). Although we love table service dining and do it for lunch and dinner with wine and the whole nine yards, we really hate table service breakfast -- the places are always full of kids who can't wait to get to the parks and are running around like chickens with their head cut off in anticipation. As for the quick eateries at the resorts, I just get frustrated with them these days -- get cereal here, tea is way over there (if you want milk with tea you have to wait and ask for it at the egg station, etc.). Enough already. I want to start my mornings in a relaxed atmosphere, with continental breakfast and all the fixings plus an easy second cup of coffee and a national newspaper.

We don't always make it back to the resort for evening appetizers and desserts. But, we always enjoy it when we do. We try to make it most nights and enjoy relaxing in the lounge before heading to dinner.

4. One final tip -- if your mother and sister are staying in the same resort but not Club Level -- put them on your reservation. It will cost about $50 more per night if they are both adults (perhaps you mom or sister will reimburse you for that). Then, they will have Club Level room keys and can enjoy the lounge offerings and concierge assistance, but stay in their own room. I have also had an experience where the concierge asked if we had family elsewhere in the resort and encouraged us to bring them to the lounge. But, I wouldn't count on that. If you put them on your reservation -- totally legal and above board You can enjoy breakfast, evening offerings, wine, etc. together with them. That's worth $25 per person per day IMO.

This turned out to be more like $20 than 2 cents (at least in length!)

Upshot -- Go and enjoy, encourage your hubs to live his fantasy and you may find you love it too. And, add your mom and sister to your reservation so you can all enjoy Club Level together!

Policy has changed regarding number 4. They will not allow adding people to the reservation for Club level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter