Talk me INTO Boardwalk Club Level?

Clotho

Doting on Disney
I need some help shifting my mindset about something, and hope you guys will be just what the doctor ordered.

So the good news is, I am being whisked away to Disney World for my 40th birthday in September by my best friend and husband. It is semi-short notice, which is making saving for it kind of hectic, but I have been doing a lot of fun planning and the trip is coming together beautifully!

Though he tried to keep it a secret, I discovered that he had upgraded our reservation to Club Level (I do all our ADR planning and My Disney Experience of course had our room ressie in the database). He said he wanted to make this trip "extra special", which is incredibly sweet.

Well, the thing is...we have looked into CL on pretty much all our previous trips. And every time we decided it just wasn't worth it to us.
- I adore planning and have no need for the IPO at all.
- The rooms aren't any nicer (unless you pay for a guarantee), and are in fact further from the elevators, which is an issue for me with some chronic foot pain issues.
- We usually get some groceries on the way in (free stop with our towncar) or have Garden Grocer deliver, and eat breakfast in our room.
- We always have a couple bottles of wine and some ciders or beers stocked up, as well as options for late-night snacks, since we are night owls and stay at the parks as late as possible and often all food options are closed when we get a bit peckish. The chances of us being back at the hotel during evening snacks/cordials is slim to none, and in fact most of our late-dinner ADR's are right on top of club food hours.

In the past, we just didn't see any of the amenities we would really avail ourselves of. And then suddenly...he decides to throw a bunch of money at it to make my birthday "special". And I am left kind of confused.

I talked to him about it and he seemed a bit hurt; and to be fair, I don't blame him. I think he thought I would be over the moon at this generous gift of an add-on, and here I was less than enthused and asking him to explain his reasoning. I feel bad about that, but I couldn't help feeling that is money we could spend SO MANY other ways. As I mentioned, this trip is short notice, so he already cautioned me that maybe we wouldn't be able to come up with the money for "signature dining every night" <--not that we do normally, but we do prefer table service meals, and eat and drink pretty high on the hog when we go to WDW. The money could easily go toward some awesome TS meals. Or I think of the side-trip to Universal, which we have never done and I have said over and over again I really really want to do (we are both thrill ride lovers--it's a no-brainer to want to take one day out to go). I suggested it again for this trip and he said he doesn't think it's in the cards financially...

On one hand he is telling me not to overplan expensive dinners due to budget, or we can't do a Universal day, and on the other he paid for a big upgrade to the room which we said in the past wasn't worth it. When I gently mentioned that money could go toward getting a guaranteed water view and eating better meals more often, he said that if we downgraded the room, he would put the money back into our savings account--that is was earmarked JUST for this aspect of our trip and if we didn't use it for club level, then we wouldn't use it. :confused3 He reiterated again that he wanted to make sure that this trip stood out from all the others, and since we haven't stayed CL before (and may never again) this would make the trip particularly memorable.

I could tell it was bumming him out to have to try and talk me into it, so I told him 'thank you' and I was looking forward to it. But honestly, I have been spinning on this since. I just can't seem to get over how wasteful it feels given the way we vacation at Disney.

So bottom line, I need some pumping up. I want to be able to fully embrace and enjoy this incredibly generous gift from my best friend, not just pretend to be okay with it. He really is my best friend and such a sweet husband, and I want him to see me joyful, and to feel that joy himself, surrounding this aspect of the trip.

I have read a lot of reviews and stories, but I could use some especially awesome anecdotes from y'all about your BWI CL experiences, to help get me excited about this! :yay:

Ready, set, GO!

You should be over the moon. Cl is a wonderful treat. You should have accepted it and said wow thanks! You just have to experience it to see how nice it is...I love cl and totally would be thrilled if dh insisted we go cl for my bday.

We tried club level at the boardwalk last trip and my husband now refuses to stay without it. We were doing rope drop every morning and had our 2.5 year old with us, so our circumstances are different but it was lovely in general.

So you can skip your breakfast item order and eat in the lounge before hitting the parks. They even grabbed us diet cokes in the morning since we are not coffee drinkers. That alone was quite nice and convenient for us. You can grab items and take them to your room if you prefer. We definitely liked the "to go" option sometimes. Fresh fruit just ready to go though was really nice to have.

We were in a standard view room but a few are boardwalk view which we love. We put our only request as boardwalk view which was granted. We were a little ways down the hall from the elevator, but directly across from the lounge and of course the location meant our view was awesome.

We also liked to grab the afternoon refreshments when coming back for a break. Nice to grab some cold water and a soda or a cookie. Then when we were ready to head out for dinner we would grab some of the appetizers out out and then we didn't order as much at dinner. My husband also loved factoring in the beers which would be close to $10 each in the park. That really helped it be "worth it" to us.

Then last, on past trips I have gone to the bakeries/confectionaries and purchased a number of treats. I didn't do that at all this trip because we would grab some in the lounge. So a little more "savings" there.

It seems perhaps your husband may be wanting to stop and smell the roses a bit at the boardwalk, and is thinking maybe club level will be a nice incentive? Even with a toddler, our trip was relaxing, and staying club level was a big reason we felt more relaxed.

Don't forget since you're at the boardwalk you are convenient to so much, so you can pop back to the resort from Epcot and relax and then head back out for evening entertainment.

Don't feel tethered to the lounge, but really it's nice to arrive and have someone walk you to the lounge for checkin. Seriously my husband was drinking his beer while I did checkin. It was much nicer than standing in the lobby for 20 minutes.

You should be over the moon. Cl is a wonderful treat. You should have accepted it and said wow thanks! You just have to experience it to see how nice it is...I love cl and totally would be thrilled if dh insisted we go cl for my bday.

I am certain I would have had this reaction had we not on multiple previous occasions discussed it at length and decided it was a lot of money for nothing we would really use. Hence, rather than be excited, I was frankly confused!

Can you tell me more about what you love about it? Please, I don't need to be made to feel worse about my reaction than I already do. I could use some positive help here! :goodvibes

I am certain I would have had this reaction had we not on multiple previous occasions discussed it at length and decided it was a lot of money for nothing we would really use. Hence, rather than be excited, I was frankly confused! Can you tell me more about what you love about it? Please, I don't need to be made to feel worse about my reaction than I already do. I could use some positive help here! :goodvibes

Don't be so hard on yourself (it's so easy for people to 'say' whatever online isn't it?!)
Your points are valid - I've never stayed CL at disney - I have at other resorts, but can't directly give you input on it at WDW. We as a family enjoyed the available snacks and beverages (Which can add up if had to purchase separately of course).
I'd say go with it and indulge- the extra perks the evening beer or morning breakfast items I bet would be a nice feature if you typically eat breakfast in your rooms.
Whatever you decide have a great time celebrating your birthday!

I may partly be encouraging you because I was considering a BWI deluxe CL room for us just tonight in fact when it came up (I couldn't get it to show for my dates before) - but my hang up is all the extra money and still only one bathroom - just can't make the leap from 2 rooms to one for that reason!

I may partly be encouraging you because I was considering a BWI deluxe CL room for us just tonight in fact when it came up (I couldn't get it to show for my dates before) - but my hang up is all the extra money and still only one bathroom - just can't make the leap from 2 rooms to one for that reason!
AHA! :rotfl: Yeah, we are going with other family, but they are not rooming with us and not staying Club Level. If I had to share a space, I would want to try and get a one bedroom or adjoining at the least.

I'd say go with it and indulge- the extra perks the evening beer or morning breakfast items I bet would be a nice feature if you typically eat breakfast in your rooms.
Whatever you decide have a great time celebrating your birthday!

Yes, since we will be getting in around the time of evening appetizers and wine/beer the evening we fly in, I have this happy vision of being able to sip some wine and enjoy check in more than on previous trips. We usually unpack first, and then when we're hungry we go down to Big River Grille or something and get a bite. This time we might enjoy some appetizers before we go back to our room to unpack and get settled in, then be able to head over to Epcot to watch Illuminations and have a light bite in France, rather than have an entire greasy dinner after the long flight. See? I have been trying to paint positive images around this, so I can EMBRACE THIS! :)

I also really hope we get a nice balcony. On our last trip we got this incredible large balcony overlooking the courtyard/stairs with a partial water view and the boat launch. We started our trip by cracking some ciders, hubby took set up his camera and took some photos while I knit.

Relaxation is definitely our idea of a great way to start a Disney vacation. We are not commandos or rope-droppers, it was more a concern that since we keep an "off schedule" (we usually eat dinner at 9 or 10pm at home), one of our concerns before was that we may not synch up well with the lounge food and drink. I hope we get to partake!

Thanks for the boost!

It sounds like HE wants club level! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I love how husbands come up with fun birthday gifts that somehow benefit their own desires. :rolleyes2 I wouldn't stress yourself out about it. Obviously he feels fine about the extra expense of it, this is the gift he wants to give to you, plus men can't stand to have their gift ideas shot down, so you should just let it go.
Let it Gooooooooo :music:

It will be great, you'll love the convenience and extra pampering. Just worry about getting hopelessly addicted and then you'll have to join our obsessive CL thread! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Clotho-You will love the Boardwalk Club Level. Go and enjoy it. We love being able to walk to two parks, breakfast in the morning and sometimes we are back for snacks in the evenings. The staff-I can't put into words how great they are. I know you will get other opinions as far as staff goes, but after 11 trips with 8 of them at the Boardwalk concierge it is obvious they d something right;) Enjoy!!! Can't wait to be back in 76 days:cool1:

Once we started staying CL we can't go back. We have 4 children and love the idea of the CL lounge when some of us are sleeping. When we were at the BWI CL, I loved getting coffee and fruit and going to sit on the balcony in our room until the others got up. We had a boardwalk view and we loved it.

We do come back during the day for snacks. Some nights we didn't have an official dinner and just had the appetizers in the lounge - then went back to either MK for EMH or Epcot for illuminations. We love the CMs at the BWI the best - they are so nice.

I love the service. We were there once and our DD's new braces were really hurting her - she had went through all of her wax and needed more. I went right to the CM at the desk and she had wax delivered to our room within 3 hours. We had to pay for it but it was reasonably priced. What a blessing!

Another time one of the CMs noticed that my DH and one of our DDs loved the salt water taffy that they had in the lounge. The next day we had a huge bag of Salt Water Taffy left in our room. Such lovely pixie dust.

The other thing we love is the access to coffee all day long. My DH really loves that. I would absolutely go and enjoy it. Let us know what you think.

It sounds like HE wants club level! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I love how husbands come up with fun birthday gifts that somehow benefit their own desires. :rolleyes2 I wouldn't stress yourself out about it. Obviously he feels fine about the extra expense of it, this is the gift he wants to give to you, plus men can't stand to have their gift ideas shot down, so you should just let it go.
Let it Gooooooooo :music:

LOL! Of course, I very nearly invoked Let It Go in my original post. ;)

And you're right. I need to keep in mind that while definitely a thoughtful gift for me, he is subtly communicating his wishes as well. And wouldn't I want him to have this if this were HIS celebration? So why not enjoy it together? Thanks for the reminder! Just what I was looking for motivationally. :) (PS I have seen your "live" trip report, and have been using your joy as inspiration!)

Clotho-You will love the Boardwalk Club Level. Go and enjoy it. We love being able to walk to two parks, breakfast in the morning and sometimes we are back for snacks in the evenings. The staff-I can't put into words how great they are.

To be fair, we could walk to two parks without club level status (and have a few less steps to do it), so that isn't exactly a a concierge "perk". BUT I gotta say, the way everyone raves about the staff....your mentioning that is excellent motivation! We love to chat up the cast members everywhere we go--they are a huge reason we love Disney so much, and we find that the people who complain most about CM's are people who might have been the very reason the CM's weren't entirely friendly...(not all the time, mind you, there are exceptions of course, but...you get what you give usually, you know?):rolleyes1 Anyway, the point being, we are super personable and make friends everywhere, so I hope to get to know our club staff and enjoy them as a "perk" of our stay. Thanks for offering that as something to look forward to!!

Once we started staying CL we can't go back. We have 4 children and love the idea of the CL lounge when some of us are sleeping. When we were at the BWI CL, I loved getting coffee and fruit and going to sit on the balcony in our room until the others got up. We had a boardwalk view and we loved it.

We do come back during the day for snacks. Some nights we didn't have an official dinner and just had the appetizers in the lounge - then went back to either MK for EMH or Epcot for illuminations. We love the CMs at the BWI the best - they are so nice.

I love the service. We were there once and our DD's new braces were really hurting her - she had went through all of her wax and needed more. I went right to the CM at the desk and she had wax delivered to our room within 3 hours. We had to pay for it but it was reasonably priced. What a blessing!

Another time one of the CMs noticed that my DH and one of our DDs loved the salt water taffy that they had in the lounge. The next day we had a huge bag of Salt Water Taffy left in our room. Such lovely pixie dust.

The other thing we love is the access to coffee all day long. My DH really loves that. I would absolutely go and enjoy it. Let us know what you think.

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! Sounds like the club level really is a boon to your travel style. Four kids plus the two of you, it must be an amazing boon to have club level amenities. Hooray!!

That said, I do find that many of the most glowing reviews tend to revolve around
a) having families sharing a room and enjoying the lounge as a place to 'spread out' (with only two adults in our room, not an issue)
b) having families all enjoying the copious eating opportunities, and getting their monies worth in food alone (teens particularly, NO DOUBT! :)
c) having lighter or no significant evening meals thanks to appetizers, and
d) the staff being amazing.

A, B, and C just don't apply to us. We are just the two of us, DINKs, who as I said enjoy delicious TS most every night. This trip we are doing Fulton's, Be Our Guest, Hoop Dee Doo (gotta share it with visiting friends!), Tutto Italia, and Victoria and Alberts (extra special birthday foodie heaven), as well as Tutto Gusto EPCOT After Hours. We don't make more ressies so we can avoid being tied to a schedule every single night, but we usually do TS most every night of our trips. So naturally, I do not plan to eat appetizers before I go out to these dinners and possibly spoil my appetite for the meals we want to enjoy fully (though with larger families, this would be a money-saving DREAM I could see being a big motivator!). Which means breakfasts will be our primary club-perk meal.

BUT, your comments about the service and PIXIE DUST :wizard: Those are amazing motivators for me/us. Having such thoughtful service and personalized attention? I could see being addicted to that even without all the other perks.

TWO QUESTIONS:
Is the Illuminations music piped into the lounge/patio, like Wishes is at the CL at Poly? Since we can't see the water effects we love so much, we hoped at least the music pipes in? Otherwise, I am not sure what the perk is of seeing the fireworks from the patio for us.

My mother and sister are coming all the way from Seattle to join me for my birthday. They will be coming for a few days and staying in the same resort, but they will not be at club level. I do NOT plan on bringing them to the lounge to partake of the food and drink--I am not trying to cheat the system in any way. But before I knew we were club level, I knew I wanted to entertain them in our room some evenings, hanging out and drinking wine and catching up. I wondered if it is possible to bring friends into the lounge to visit with them? Not letting them eat or drink anything they aren't entitled to, just sitting together and chatting. Is that way against the rules?

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

Here's an Idea, let the IPO do the work for your ressie, planning and all your vacation needs, ect... You'll get your money's worth and you can relax and not focus on the details and enjoy the trip with out buyers remorse. I honestly would not do concierge unless I utilized the help and expertise of my IPO itinerary person. They have always knocked it out of the park and made me feel like I was in capable hands. If you like the whole micro managing of your vacation you should honestly either save your money on club and use it towards what you and your hubby would enjoy and get your dollars worth. I know he wanted club for you but if you are not using the full amenities of it, honestly the food offerings aren't worth the 150 a day price tag. You'll enjoy your vacation more if you do what your head is telling you to do... Your husband will understand your smart decision based on facts and not emotions. Good luck and I hope what ever you go with, ( club or not ) you and your hubby have a wonderful trip :)

We never stayed at BW, but did our first CL stay at YC last summer. I can say I was very disappointed with the selection in the lounge. By the 3rd day I was over eating the bagels and crossoinants for breakfast. The room was exactly the same and my view was terrible. I wish I would have just booked a water view and stocked my room with stuff I really liked to snack on. I love the YC/BC hotel and we always stay there, just will be skipping the CL.

Good luck with whatever you do, you will not be disappointed by staying in that area!!

My family loves CL, but we love it for many of the reasons you noted that don't apply to you: we get to skip buying our family breakfast every morning ($50 per day), buying drinks at the resort or a resort mug ($100 per trip--also, CL works out better for us because none of us are soda drinkers, so we get better quality beverage choices, like milk and juice, which aren't available as refillable mug choices), plus I get to save a couple of bucks on a glass of wine or two at night ($12 per day). If there's only a $100-150 difference per night in upgrading to club, we often find that little leap in upgrading to be worth it. But, obviously, when it's just 2 of you, it does make more financial sense to skip CL as you'd probably need to hang around the lounge all day to reap the financial benefits of the drinks or snacks.

Like you, I also like to handle all of our reservations. Our plans are never set in stone (I'm on hold with Disney as I type this modifying a reservation that I've changed 3 times already!), and our ADRs change fairly frequently while we're on vacation.

But there are intangibles and things that have no monetary value that also make us love CL: Being greeted at the door and skipping the main desk upon check in, having CMs remember our names or wish us a happy birthday without any sort of birthday button, birthday balloons being put in our room as a surprise, turndown and candies at night, the better toiletries (I think that may just be a GF/deluxe CL room thing, though). We also had our departure flight canceled via text right as I was zipping up our last suitcase, and I had no clue what to do. I immediately headed to the CL desk and received amazing service and care from the CM (and my TA). They immediately made arrangements for us to have a late check out while we squared away our plans and figured out our trip insurance, and when that kicked in and we got our new flights arranged, they managed to keep us in the same room at the same rate we had gotten earlier. They really went above and beyond, and it was great to have a friendly face helping us when we suddenly felt homeless and stranded. (P.S. the flight debacle happened at BWI. Up until then, the CL staff hadn't really knocked my socks off like the GF staff did, but they did when that happened.)

So, ultimately, we try to book CL as much as we can. It's really those little intangibles that make our vacation a little more personalized and a little more special, but may not have any sort of value to someone else.

We have stayed at the BWI both CL and in a standard room. We did the CL stay for our wedding. It was wonderful! It was really nice to have the lounge. We were traveling with our parents who we upgraded to CL as well as a gift. It was nice to meet up with them in the lounge at various times. We mainly used the lounge at breakfast time. It seemed we were always out and about during the evenings. I think my parents used it a lot for pre dinner drink and snack which they loved.

Most of the staff was wonderful. We did have an issue with one person but I am going to consider that a fluke.

We have since stayed at the BWI in a standard room a couple of times. We had equally wonderful trips. I consider CL a nice plus but certainly not a must. We actually haven't considered staying CL again. Although, this thread has me thinking. :lmao:

If you stay CL it will be something you remember and be something that will make this particular trip and celebration special.

Like everything in life, its all about your attitude. I totally get why you are upset. Really, most spouses would given your past conversations. Imagine that CL is like a ruby necklace and you really are not a ruby girl. In fact, you kinda really don't like rubies at all and if you had the choice you'd rather have had a sapphire and you've discussed in the past so many time how blue is your favorite color and don't like red at all but still, once he saw the ruby necklace he though how lovely you would look in it.

Or maybe he gave you the gift of a cook but you'd rather have some one clean the house because you like cooking and he knows how much you like cooking
so... that said

Go with the flow. He booked it, now make the best of it.

I still make my own ressies. I, too, enjoy that aspect of it.

Instead of stopping to get groceries, go straight to check in a let yourself feel a little special in the way you get checked in as opposed to having to check in with the masses. Is that alone worth spending CL prices on your trip? Heck no, HOWEVER, let it be the beginning of that little extra pixie dust. It is a nicer way to start.

Imagine it as something so small like instead of having to stop to fill up your car with gas on a day that you are running late for a long list of errands but *POOF* you run out to the car and its already filled up for you.

You know you dont mind getting gas. Its not a big deal but wow, how nice that its one less thing to do. Its just a little smidge of a better start to the day

You have a fridge in your room. Stop in the lounge and and ask for some beers and sodas to stock your fridge. Again, its no biggie to stop at the grocery story and buy some beer and soda. But hey, now you realize that you don't have to stop and pick up milk and bread today because your neighbor was at the store and knew you needed it so they dropped it off for you.

So now your day of having to run a ton of errands in a short time that will begin after you stop and get gas now has two less things to do and and two less stops to make so its just that much more relaxed.

Isnt that a nice way to start the day?

OR...you can start the day and see that although you knew that you were on empty and you didnt mind stopping for gas but someone did it for you, but dammit!!!! they only filled up 3/4 of the tank so now your annoyed that if YOU had filled up the car, you would have filled it all the way so now you are a wee bit more pissy.

Oh, and that stop you dont have to make for milk and bread? Well, you like wonder bread and that neighbor bought you store made fresh bread and that is NOT what you usually get so now you are more annoyed because despite the fact that two nice things were done, you have it in your head that you way is the only way of doing it

Its all in your choice of attitude

We've stayed club level at all but one of the Disney resorts and BWI is the best! Anita is fabulous. BTW, I still make all of our plans. IPO was able to snag me a reservation for 8 at Cinderella's table several years ago when none were showing online or by phone. It's the only time I used them to book a reservation.

BWI club level is my favorite CL at Disney. We've stayed there twice. I love the location of the BWI. The proximity to Epcot is wonderful. And, of course, the boat or a nice leisurely walk to DHS is a great option. I always felt there was something to do in the evenings, Y&B club, the activity on the boardwalk, lots of restaurant choices and browsing the shops or just find a bench, have a drink and people watch.

I've enjoyed all the food presentations in the lounge, especially evening appetizers. I felt the quality was very good. The CM's kept the food area clean and everything always appeared fresh and nicely presented. Whenever I had a question or needed something they were pleasant and helpful.

I love the location of the quiet pool in the back of the hotel. It is so pretty and quiet (although our trips have been in January). There is also a nice hot tub located by this pool.

I will say that if your vacations consist of spending the majority of your time in the parks, I always feel CL is not a good option. For me, running in for a quick breakfast or a few snacks in the afternoon is not worth staying CL. However, if you look at trying CL at BWI as a new experience and plan some resort time, I think you will really enjoy it. IMO, a slower paced vacation and club level are a great pairing especially if you are concerned about the value.

In all our trips staying CL, I always booked our own dining reservations. Occasionally, I would ask a CL staff member to change or cancel a reservation once I was there.

On a final note, I always wanted to stay at the Royal Palm Club at the GF. So, this past January, we stayed at RPC. And, although it was really nice with the orchestra playing in the evenings and the champagne (which the BWI club level doesn't have) I liked BWI just as much. This comparison takes into account cost and location.

Okay, my 2 cents --

1. Your husband clearly has always wanted to try Club Level -- and he thought this was the trip to try it. It seems he is a loving, caring and special hubs and so I would go ahead and indulge him.

2. We had never stayed Club Level before until we were generously upgraded to main building club level at the Grand Floridian about 10 years ago. Disney obviously knew what they were doing. We loved it and have stayed Club Level every trip since that time. We've stayed Club Level again at GR main building, at Beach Club, Yacht Club, Animal Kindgom Lodge, Boardwalk Inn and Wilderness Lodge. As others said, once you do Club Level, it's hard to go back! (We also love Portofino Bay Club Level at Universal, which is even nicer than at WDW).

3. Why do we love it? We have a lovely staff to interact and visit with that is at the ready to assist us. A few months ago, they managed BOG for us on a last minute cancellation. They do their best to rearrange dining times (I don't know about Fast Pass+ times as this has happened since our last visit, but I will find out soon as we are slated for Yacht Club Club Level soon). They are able to assist in others ways -- the GF concierge volunteered to get a Mickey Mouse watched fixed for us at her jeweler on her way into work.

The morning breakfast is nice -- and so relaxing not to have to worry about where we are going to eat breakfast or just eat yogurt out of the fridge (after a stop at the grocery store). Although we love table service dining and do it for lunch and dinner with wine and the whole nine yards, we really hate table service breakfast -- the places are always full of kids who can't wait to get to the parks and are running around like chickens with their head cut off in anticipation. As for the quick eateries at the resorts, I just get frustrated with them these days -- get cereal here, tea is way over there (if you want milk with tea you have to wait and ask for it at the egg station, etc.). Enough already. I want to start my mornings in a relaxed atmosphere, with continental breakfast and all the fixings plus an easy second cup of coffee and a national newspaper.

We don't always make it back to the resort for evening appetizers and desserts. But, we always enjoy it when we do. We try to make it most nights and enjoy relaxing in the lounge before heading to dinner.

4. One final tip -- if your mother and sister are staying in the same resort but not Club Level -- put them on your reservation. It will cost about $50 more per night if they are both adults (perhaps you mom or sister will reimburse you for that). Then, they will have Club Level room keys and can enjoy the lounge offerings and concierge assistance, but stay in their own room. I have also had an experience where the concierge asked if we had family elsewhere in the resort and encouraged us to bring them to the lounge. But, I wouldn't count on that. If you put them on your reservation -- totally legal and above board You can enjoy breakfast, evening offerings, wine, etc. together with them. That's worth $25 per person per day IMO.

This turned out to be more like $20 than 2 cents (at least in length!)

Upshot -- Go and enjoy, encourage your hubs to live his fantasy and you may find you love it too. And, add your mom and sister to your reservation so you can all enjoy Club Level together!

Like everything in life, its all about your attitude. I totally get why you are upset. Really, most spouses would given your past conversations. Imagine that CL is like a ruby necklace and you really are not a ruby girl. In fact, you kinda really don't like rubies at all and if you had the choice you'd rather have had a sapphire and you've discussed in the past so many time how blue is your favorite color and don't like red at all but still, once he saw the ruby necklace he though how lovely you would look in it.

Or maybe he gave you the gift of a cook but you'd rather have some one clean the house because you like cooking and he knows how much you like cooking
so... that said

Go with the flow. He booked it, now make the best of it.

I still make my own ressies. I, too, enjoy that aspect of it.

Instead of stopping to get groceries, go straight to check in a let yourself feel a little special in the way you get checked in as opposed to having to check in with the masses. Is that alone worth spending CL prices on your trip? Heck no, HOWEVER, let it be the beginning of that little extra pixie dust. It is a nicer way to start.

Imagine it as something so small like instead of having to stop to fill up your car with gas on a day that you are running late for a long list of errands but *POOF* you run out to the car and its already filled up for you.

You know you dont mind getting gas. Its not a big deal but wow, how nice that its one less thing to do. Its just a little smidge of a better start to the day

You have a fridge in your room. Stop in the lounge and and ask for some beers and sodas to stock your fridge. Again, its no biggie to stop at the grocery story and buy some beer and soda. But hey, now you realize that you don't have to stop and pick up milk and bread today because your neighbor was at the store and knew you needed it so they dropped it off for you.

So now your day of having to run a ton of errands in a short time that will begin after you stop and get gas now has two less things to do and and two less stops to make so its just that much more relaxed.

Isnt that a nice way to start the day?

OR...you can start the day and see that although you knew that you were on empty and you didnt mind stopping for gas but someone did it for you, but dammit!!!! they only filled up 3/4 of the tank so now your annoyed that if YOU had filled up the car, you would have filled it all the way so now you are a wee bit more pissy.

Oh, and that stop you dont have to make for milk and bread? Well, you like wonder bread and that neighbor bought you store made fresh bread and that is NOT what you usually get so now you are more annoyed because despite the fact that two nice things were done, you have it in your head that you way is the only way of doing it

Its all in your choice of attitude

wow - that was really good (not just relative to this thread, but life in general) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter