Talk me back to On property resort

Tricia's mom

DIS Veteran
Traveling week after Easter for a pre-trip to our dcl. Doing WDW 4 days before we set sail ....I need help deciding where to stay ?
I was considering off property like Bonnet Creek.. the reason, Queen Bed !
I hear POFQ has Queens now ?
I LOVED POFQ.. Quiet, small...boat to DTD.. whats not to love...
BUT I dream of staying someplace different on Property like Yand Bc...:love:
That is not in the cards for this time in my life.
Traveling is me, Dh and DD 5 when we go.
Our last trip we stayed at WL... I longed to stay there as well... BUT when you get right down to it...WL room was NO different than ASM ! I said it !!

So, Do I just stay at POFQ ? Or try something off property ?
Off Property bothers me because .. I always rent a car ( Dislike WDW transportation) I really don't want to pay for parking ! Even if I fined a 5 star for 80 dollars .. it just eercks me to fork over the 14 dollars after I have paid 300 for a park pass.... ( OFF SOAP BOX)

Lure me to POFQ ....Again

Thanks DIS..functional support system...

Have you checked out CSR? Queen beds, but something different. Free parking, but the bus service there is often referred to as being the best so maybe you can give it another shot.

Have never tried CSR.. Haven't even looky loo'd around like I have other resorts. ....I will consider that.
Thanks

I love POFQ, but I think it is so much fun to try other resorts as well. How about CBR to get you in the mood for your cruise?

We stayed at CSR in March and we loved it! I have to agree that the bus service was great. We were near Bus stop #2, so we were always first on and first off. Our rooms were nice, the queen beds were comfortable, the view was beautiful and the pool area totally rocked! The food court was the best...good food/variety and I liked having someone who served our drinks and attended to us. :goodvibes

Have you thought about renting DVC points and staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club?

You could walk to Epcot, take a nice boat to DHS, and if you swim...Storm-Along-Bay is amazing.

We love staying at BWV and having a room overlooking crescent lake!

Have you thought about renting DVC points and staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club?

You could walk to Epcot, take a nice boat to DHS, and if you swim...Storm-Along-Bay is amazing.

We love staying at BWV and having a room overlooking crescent lake!

Okay ... I have looked into DVC,,, Doesn't make sense in buying to me ??? DIL own RCI weeks.. and it looks that the week I am going it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get time... Tell me more about renting DVC points ?? My family doesn't warrant having that much space .

CSR will give you the Queen bed, a gym, massage service at the gym and limited room service.

CBR (Carribean Beach Resort) will give your DD a FANTASTIC waterpark like pool experience with the Pirate themed pool area. The larger pool also has a zero entry area, so that may be nice with her too. CBR rooms are also the largest of the 3 Moderate hotels.

Both CSR and CBR have had recent revovations (1-3yrs old). I think the CS meal options, pricing and quality were better at CBR too. If you're on the Dining Plan it won't matter, but the food at the CSR sit down CS restaurant used to charge a 10% service fee, not sure what that is now.

Okay ... I have looked into DVC,,, Doesn't make sense in buying to me ??? DIL own RCI weeks.. and it looks that the week I am going it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get time... Tell me more about renting DVC points ?? My family doesn't warrant having that much space .

There is a company called Dave's DVC rental. Here is his website. http://www.dvcrequest.com/

He generally charges $13 per point, but may charge less if you are willing to go on short notice. Accommodations start at 8 points per night.

There is also a rent/trade board on the DVC section. They generally charge less, but there is risk involved.

As for purchasing DVC points, if you travel to WDW at least every other year, enjoy staying in at least moderate resorts, and plan to travel for the next several years...then buying resale is a good value. BTW, my DH and myself usually get a studio. We own 100 points at the Boardwalk, and love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter