• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Talk About Nuts! (our 4 park / Every Major Headliner In a Day Plan!)

finedice

DIS Veteran
Okay, so... After 4 extended trips since '07, we are doing our first ever Daddy/Daughter trip this April (well after Easter). My daughter has challenged me to put together a plan allowing us to ride every major attraction at WDW in a single day, and I think I have done it, even including a short break in the afternoon and a sit down TS dinner. SO... am I nuts? Can this be done? (we have a car)

8am EMH at DHS:
  • RD TSM --> RnRC (single rider) --> ToT --> ST (exit DHS by 10:10am)
10:40 Arrive EPCOT
  • Soarin (FP+) --> CS Lunch in Land building --> SSE (FP+) --> TT (single rider) --> MS Orange (FP+) (exit EPCOT by 1:10 PM)
1:30 Arrive AK
  • (check Kiosk for SDFP) --> KS --> KRR --> EE (single rider) --> P. Whirl --> Dino (exit AK by 4:45pm)
5:00 arrive resort for dip / shower / beverage

6:35 ADR Ohana

7:45 arrive MK (EMH until 2:00)
  • (Check kiosk for SDFP) -->Philharmagic --> Monsters Inc. --> Buzz --> HM --> PotC --> Splash --> BTM (x2) --> PP --> 7DMT --> SM (x2) --> (exit)
I realize it will wipe us out, and we are taking the next day almost completely off. Still... totally crazy?

Last edited:
I didn't look too detailed at your plan but wanted to encourage you by saying it can be done!
My wife and I did this exact same kind of thing when we went for our site visit for our wedding. We had one day in the parks, hit up all major attractions and had lunch at Tusker House. Good luck and have fun!

Good luck with this! Something is bound to be down or overly crowded but I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

Now I need a nap after reading your plan. ;)

We didn't do all of those or even close to it, but we did do all 4 parks on our arrival day hitting most of our favorites. We did it just for fun because we had gained half a day as we arrived a day early because we had to fly out of our departure city ahead of a blizzard. By the time we caught the DME, checked in and got to DHS it was around 10:30 am. Did RnRC (single rider) and GMR (didn't care if we did it or not, but short wait so we did), had lunch. Bus to AK, rode EE (single rider). Bus back to resort ASSports (I don't remember why, but we had a reason at the time...) Bus to Epcot rode TT single rider, grabbed a yummy Brioche ice cream in France, rode Nemo just for kicks...monorail to MK where we had our FP for 7DMT, Space and Splash. I think you can and should definitely go for it! Maybe list your "must dos and want to dos" separately in case time gets tight. Like I said, we did it just for kicks and to say we had done all 4 parks in one day. If we had a full day, I would have done a ton more... Have fun!!

That looks exhausting! But good luck to you.
I once managed all 3 firework shows in one night, with plenty of room to spare, all using Disney's transportation.
I started at AK and saw Festival of The Lion King (biggest thing, imo, in AK). Got the bus to HS for the 6:30 Fantasmic. Then a friendship boat to Epcot, plenty of waiting around until 9pm Illuminations. As soon as that finished I high-tailed it through the park to the front, jumped on the monorail, and got to MK with a dew minutes to spare before Magic, the Memories & You started at 9:45, with Wishes at 10.

Considering I'd spend the previous day at Universal, and had actually be at MK rope drop that morning, I was shattered!!! I slept very well that night, lol!

I love the enthusiasm and totally support the effort. My concern for you is transportation time. You might exit DH at 10:10 but there is no guarantee you can be in Epcot in 30 minutes. What is your plan for getting between parks? We haven't been in a few years so I can't remember which parks have direct transport, but we never got from one park to another in under 45 minutes. i think to get from HS to Epcot you have to take a bus to the transportation hub and then ride the monorail? That's not a 30 minute transport unless you hit everything perfectly. You do have some padding before dinner, just realize you might have to use that up with transport. You will probably have to be aggressive with your waiter for dinner as well, since getting out in under an hour is cutting it close. Plus then transport to Magic Kingdom. But if you can do it, the story you will have to tell will be awesome. Good luck.

Okay, so... After 4 extended trips since '07, we are doing our first ever Daddy/Daughter trip this April (well after Easter). My daughter has challenged me to put together a plan allowing us to ride every major attraction at WDW in a single day, and I think I have done it, even including a short break in the afternoon and a sit down TS dinner. SO... am I nuts? Can this be done? (we have a car)

8am EMH at DHS:
  • RD TSM --> RnRC (single rider) --> ToT --> ST (exit DHS by 10:10am)
10:40 Arrive EPCOT
  • Soarin (FP+) --> CS Lunch in Land building --> SSE (FP+) --> TT (single rider) --> MS Orange (FP+) (exit EPCOT by 1:10 PM)
1:30 Arrive AK
  • (check Kiosk for SDFP) --> KS --> KRR --> EE (single rider) --> P. Whirl --> Dino (exit AK by 4:45pm)
5:00 arrive resort for dip / shower / beverage

6:35 ADR Ohana

7:45 arrive MK (EMH until 2:00)
  • (Check kiosk for SDFP) -->Philharmagic --> Monsters Inc. --> Buzz --> HM --> PotC --> Slash --> BTM (x2) --> PP --> 7DMT --> SM (x2) --> (exit)
I realize it will wipe us out, and we are taking the next day almost completely off. Still... totally crazy?

I think it sounds like great fun and will be a wonderful memory for you and your daughter regardless of what you accomplish. I do agree with PP after reading your plan I need a nap!

I did almost the exact same thing in May. Same park order and DHS opened at 7:50ish for Star Wars Weekends. We rode the same 4 rides in the same order and booked it to Epcot. The only difference there was we rode Maelstrom and didn't ride SE even though we had a FP. (the line was way backed up and honestly it wasn't on my list as a must do, we just needed the FP for Soarin'). At AK the only difference was we didn't do Kali. The Safari and Dinosaur were our longest waits of the entire day I think. We also rode PW and Everest, and accidentally got caught up by the very last Mickey's Jungle Jam Parade ever. We got to MK by probably 4, but it also closed at midnight instead of 2. We did Buzz, Small World, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, BTMR, Splash, Space, 7DMT, People Mover, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, and the Carousel.

They have park to park busses. That's how we did it. That and monorail from Epcot to MK.

Edited: Sorry, I mis-answered, we never actually went from MK to another park. Always other parks to MK and between other parks. But they had busses for between all the other parks so I don't see why they wouldn't have them for MK too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter