Taking your stroller

spacefly67

Mouseketeer
We will be flying (us air) to WDW in less than two weeks.
I want to take my dream on me twin stroller.
I thought we were able to check a stroller for free, but I called the airline today to ak them about how to wrap it and they told me that It is going to cost us $25 each way to check it.
What should I do?? I just bought it (mostly for this trip). Would it be cheaper to UPS it? What do you do?

We always gatecheck - that's free, but if you're worried about it getting dirty, then pay to get it checked. If you want to send it, you'd have to check with UPS/Fedex or company of choice to determine cost.

It depends on the airline. I have checked a stroller with USAIR for free.

I have also gate checked a stroller with USAIR and Southwest for free.

I live in Delco too and fly out of Philly!

If your quote for $25 each way is correct, I would rent a stroller from an offsite company first. I would look on us airs website and see what the rules are regarding gate checking the stroller. Sometimes the people on the phone are clueless.

I did a quick search and according to their website a fully collapsible stroller which I would assume yours is is exempt from luggage charges.

Which airline? I have never heard of being charged to check a stroller. Or a carseat. Or both, for that matter. I think your agent may have been mistaken. Call and talk to someone else, or check the airline website before you worry.

Be careful with gate checking. I gate checked a brand new double stroller. Got to FL ok, but did not make it home in one piece. When we got off the plane, one rear wheel was bent badly. Then somebody who had been on the plane came up to us and told us that he saw it fall off the conveyor when they were loading it. When I tried to get anyone from the airline to do anything about it, they claimed they were not liable and blamed it on cargo shift. I spoke to anyone I could that day and from home. They would not cover any damages. My stroller was ruined. I never brought my own stroller again- orlandostrollerrentals.com is great.

Be careful with gate checking. I gate checked a brand new double stroller. Got to FL ok, but did not make it home in one piece. When we got off the plane, one rear wheel was bent badly. Then somebody who had been on the plane came up to us and told us that he saw it fall off the conveyor when they were loading it. When I tried to get anyone from the airline to do anything about it, they claimed they were not liable and blamed it on cargo shift. I spoke to anyone I could that day and from home. They would not cover any damages. My stroller was ruined. I never brought my own stroller again- orlandostrollerrentals.com is great.
This is my fear that they will ruin my stroller, I have a City Select and would just cry if they broke my stroller. I wouldn't be able to afford to replace it so we are going to rent a City Mini GT on our trip and just not worry about it.

Thanks everyone! :lovestruc

minniesmama: :worship: Thats what I saw. I just got worried when she told me I had to pay. She said I had to pay since my child wasn't a lap infant.

I don't really care about it getting dirty. I bought a cheap one just for this trip. I will gate check it! Thanks again! One less thing for me to worry about!!

:banana::banana::banana:9 DAYS TO GO!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks everyone! :lovestruc

minniesmama: :worship: Thats what I saw. I just got worried when she told me I had to pay. She said I had to pay since my child wasn't a lap infant.

I don't really care about it getting dirty. I bought a cheap one just for this trip. I will gate check it! Thanks again! One less thing for me to worry about!!

:banana::banana::banana:9 DAYS TO GO!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

You may want to reconsider buying a bag for your stoller. Our bag is covered in grease & grime from all of our trips. Also, if it's raining out when you land, the stroller will get soaked.

The Maclaren bags are awesome though. Very very sturdy and great handles, padded bottom and roller wheels. You could wrap the stroller in a large garbage bag or rain cover before putting it in the bag. Oh and the Maclaren bags are black....so they don't show dirt as bad.

I found a brand new one on eBay for 25.00 (for a double stroller). I think I still have it around here somewhere LOL as we only had to use it one year before our middle son was old enough to not need his side of the stroller so we moved on to a single. Come to think of it I think we still have a brand new Protect A Bub rain and wind cover for our side by side double too.....not sure why I sold the stroller and never the accessories LOL

Oh well....back to topic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter