• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking your own umbrella stroller....

Marimar

Mouseketeer
Headed over to the stroller link at allearsnet.com and read some of the suggestions.

I am now wondering if we should just take ours (Maclaren umbrella). It would only be a single and we would have to rent one, but at least we would have it for ds to use beyond the parks. Thoughts???? Even if we rented a double, we would have the single to lug our stuff in.

Thoughts???

TIA!

If you have a child that will be falling asleep at the parks, and then need to wheeled to a bus or car, bring a stroller. If the kids are old enough to be awake and walk at the end of the day, then rent.

The part about bringing one just to keep stuff in? :rotfl: You'd want to push two strollers around all day, one just piled with stuff? I'd just have purchases sent back to my resort...

Taking your umbrella stroller is a great idea. DS would definitely need it at Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Besides, it was great to get him to/from the bus stops at the resorts and the parks.

We are ever so grateful for bringing our stroller. We didn't bring our small umbrella stroller, we brought our larger travel system stroller. DS is just more comfortable in this stroller and I knew we would be doing a lot of walking. We put everything in the stroller basket. It became so great for everyone, that DS would put himself in and ask to leave every chance he got. The great thing that helped is that we decorated out stroller. Since we were there during Christmas, I put red and silver garland with ornaments. It was so easy to spot our stroller and trust me-all the strollers look the same when there are about eighty of them parked together.

Last year when we went I brought my own stroller for my 4 year old. It was a life saver. We used it outside of the parks as well. We even had to use it for our 7 year old when they both fell asleep. I pushed him out after Wishes and my husband carried our daughter. We are planning on going again this year and I am definantely brining the stroller again.

Frances

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter