Taking the WDW Train - slower or faster than walking?

Slower. Much slower. If there's not a train waiting at the Fantasyland station, you could walk to Town Square in the amount of time you could possibly wait for a train.

Slower. Much slower. If there's not a train waiting at the Fantasyland station, you could walk to Town Square in the amount of time you could possibly wait for a train.

I'm not so sure.
From way back at the Fantasyland Station all the way to Main Street Station, I'd say the train would be a better choice, especially if there is a large crowd on Main Street.

I'm not so sure.
From way back at the Fantasyland Station all the way to Main Street Station, I'd say the train would be a better choice, especially if there is a large crowd on Main Street.

Hm. True. I guess I'm just thinking with the way I walk, which is really fast. And I bob & weave. LOL :goodvibes

I'd tend to agree with Robo, depending on whether or not you just missed the train, or it's waiting there for you to hop and go. It might be quicker.

We also never used it as a means of transportation. Depending on whether your group is two adults or adults and a stroller and a couple kids walking, etc., taking the time to get on the train and then going through the same thing when you get to the other station, could be more trouble than it's worth.
We always waited til we were just about ready to leave Magic Kingdom and then headed for Main St. to the station and took it the whole way around the park. Sort of one last look and winding down a little before we headed out. I guess your way of doing the park would have a lot to do with it.
pixiedust:

If you have a stroller, it's always slower, because you have to empty it and fold it up.

I vote that the train is slower, even if the train is already waiting there. Once you board, you'll have to wait for other people to board and for the safety checks, etc. Then you'll probably have to wait a little bit again to unboard.

If you could somehow walk on right as it's leaving, the train would probably be faster. But the chances of you timing it that perfectly are slim.

Walk.

Much slower but a nice break if you're tired. It took us just over half an hour to ride the train from fantasyland to frontierland.

My in-laws used it our last trip, not necessarily to save time but to save walking, the less they walked the longer into the day they could make it without a break.

Kids were happy their grandparents saw them in Fantasy land, grandparents were happy they didn't walk out there and back (don't get me started on the ECV argument); win - win.

Slower all around in our experience, but often a good break for little or tired legs when time is not a big concern.

I think it also depends on the time of day - if it's the height of crowds for parades/fireworks then fighting foot traffic on main street can be awful. I would use the train to bypass that altogether if my goal was just to get to Town Square.

Usually it's slower. My DW and boys decided to hop the train to Frontier for BTM. My DD and I walked into Fantasy and was on the carousel before they left the station. This was on a 6-7 day.

The question is, "How do my feet feel when I'm in the back of Fantasyland, after walking all day?" :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter