Taking the big trip to Aulani and Grand Californian!

Guenever

Earning My Ears
Next Tuesday, 18th of September, I leave on what I hope will be a vacation of a lifetime. I'm turning 40 on the 24th and wanted to do something special! So I'm heading out to Aulani for a week, then to California to visit Disneyland for my first time. Needless to say I'm not thrilled about the flight time involved going from the east coast all the way to Hawaii (11hours) but I'll make the best of it. Thank goodness for DVC and making this affordable to do!!!

Congrats on your trip! Sounds very exciting. You will love Disneyland! Be sure to do a trip report when you get back. My family is planning a trip to Aulani in February, let us know how it goes!

Oh, and Happy Birthday.

:bday:

We had a fabulous time!!! Hawaii was even more impressive than I thought it would be. All the flights and transport went well too! I was not pleased with the room at GC, but our Aulani room had been soooooo wonderful, nothing would look good next to that.

What did you think of Disneyland? What did you do in Hawaii? Glad you enjoyed the special birthday trip?

I loved Aulani. It was better than I expected. We rented a jeep, so we had the freedom to come and go. The staff were so pleasant. The good was weird - but really really good! We made sure to really try some unusual food. The room and resort were spotless.

DisneyLand was also great. I had never been before. I liked how easy it was to walk everywhere. I did not expect it to be so condensed. You would never know you were in Anaheim. I loved the parks. The new cars land in incredible. Like I said earlier, or room at the Grand Californian was lack luster compared to Aulani. The staff was very friendly. The bartenders were wonderful! The pool area was a bit unusual - 3 pools and 2 hot tubs all in1 area. I would rather those be apart. The kids were running from pool to pool and swimming in the hot tubs. Kinda annoying.

I'll make another trek to Hawaii before going back to DisneyLand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter