Taking Snacks ???

stba2006

DIS Veteran
Hi every-one,
me and my bf are going to akl for 2 weeks in October (just 10 wks to go yey!! :) ) and i was thinking of maybe packing some snacks in the suitcase to save on a little more money for souvenires etc.

Does any-one else do this and if so what kind of things do you or can you take. I'm trying to think of light weight things and i'm not 100% sure of what food you can / can't take into the US

we always take ceral to snack on - mini packets of Mcvities cookies and chedders travel well too. We also take museli bars for the parks!

I take snacks for my young children (healthy organic etc) as healthy snacks are hard to come by in the parks - they have ice creams and treats too but it's just to keep their 5-a-day going.
To be honest I don't bother taking stuff for us as it's too much to pack and as an adult I enjoy choosing different foods in the countries that I visit.

I would take the cash you would spend on snacks here, change it into $$, put it in an envelope labelled "snacks" and use it to stock up on goodies when you get there :thumbsup2

one thing we always take, is M+S shortbread.
Have you ever seent he price in the england pavilion at epcot:scared1:
Vimto,you get tired of soda
Seabrook crisp beef
Spearmint chews
Breakfast bars
Assorted sweets
Paulh

Ok I know we're sad but we normally take some cereal bars, a few bags of fruity sweets the likes of starburst etc, and ok....chocolate:rolleyes1 and that's for me ;)

mmmm chocolate!! We usually take cereal bars, sultanas - big bag and just put in food bags when we want them onsite, borbon biscuits (or should that be crumbs as thats whats weve had sometimes!!), mints

We took some mini cheddars,crisps,cartons of juice as daughter drinks so much-we used to pop them in the icebox in the fridge so they were frozen ,put them in a sandwich bag and they stayed nice and cool.I took some cup a soup as well as we used to sit on the balcony late at night and especially at christmas time we snuggled up with our cup a soup.Again cereal bars and shortbread-don't take any fresh fruit.I had an apple in my hand luggage whch I had every intention of eating on the plane.I forgrot about it and having the luck we have I got stopped for a spot check and out comes the apple:scared1: I nearly died.The security guy just glared at me and then smiled and said"you britts and your apples"!!!.Thankfully he disposed of it and said that fruit is not allowed.My husband always asks me now if I have eaten my fruit:rotfl2:

I dont bother taking snacks, we just buy them over there in Walmart. be extremely careful in what you do take and check on the US customs website as to what you are allowed in. I know one year we had a bag of mixed nuts and fruits (sultanas and the like) and were told on board to get rid of them in the bag they provided. You are warned that there are hefty fines if you are found with countraband items.

Can you take an unopened bottle of fruit squash in the suitcase? Dd3 only drinks a particular type of squash(or she will drink water).What about an unopened carton of milkshake powder?.x.

Can you take an unopened bottle of fruit squash in the suitcase? Dd3 only drinks a particular type of squash(or she will drink water).What about an unopened carton of milkshake powder?.x.

no problems on both
Paulh

we buy snacks there in the grocery store...
we also buy breakfast food there in the grocery store and eat breakfast in the room - cereal, milk, bread, cheese, etc.

and for years and years, i made sandwiches in the room and carried them around in my backpack for the kids and DH....
mainly peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...
but also plain rolls and things like that...
we bought drinks in the parks, but i brought the sandwiches in with us...

you're officially not supposed to bring food into the park, but no one ever said a word to us..
had they said anything, i would have just said the kids are allergic and we have no choice..

even now, when your bags are searched by security, they don't care what you have in your bag, as long as it's not a bomb or the like...

we don't bring in food with us anymore, since they've added vegetarian food to most menus, but we did for many many years, and it was no big deal...but we still bring in snacks...even at age 23, DD prefers snacking on cheerios than what's available in the parks...

we always take ceral to snack on - mini packets of Mcvities cookies and chedders travel well too. We also take museli bars for the parks!

That's exactly what I was going to say-bought my multi-pack of Cheddars last night!!! Also bought Iced Gems., Multi-packs of cereal bought last week.

I don't just do it to save pennies, sometimes you just feel like a snack, not a meal.

I take this as well -in a plastic bag then wrapped in a towel-just in case it leaks! Never had a problem:thumbsup2 (It's me that's fussy!)

Wow I never knew people took so much! We buy bits and pieces from the supermarkets there (sweets mainly!) but I don't think i'd bring anything from the UK, nothing i'd miss enough for 2-3 weeks ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter