Taking pregnant wife to Disney World

invader07

Earning My Ears
Hello! My wife and I are big Disney fans. We were married in the Wedding Pavilion in 2008. We live in Miami and go about 4 times a year. To make a long story short, my wife and I haven't gone since November last year, since then we received great news that we would be having our first baby. Just yesterday I booked a surprise trip to take her next week 5/1-5/4. The reason I come to Disboards today is to ask your advice on taking my 7 month pregnant wife to Disney. We will be staying at the Coronado Springs. If there's any advice you can give me I would greatly appreciate it.

Have a Magical Day!

I have been to Disney while pregnant but was only 4 months and had no issues. I even rode some of the "warning" rides for pregnant women. You guys sound like you know Disney so GO FOR IT! My husband and I went to DC when I was 6 or so months pregnant....no rides but lots of walking and I was fine the entire time. Have a great trip! She will remember it for a long time because it may be your last just a couple trip for a while. ;)

Welcome to the DIS:cheer2: I definitely would plan a "stop and smell the roses" trip. It will be extra special as it will be your last trip as a couple before baby comes (congrats!). Signature dinners, leisurely walks, flower & garden festival, just soaking up the atmosphere. She may not feel like doing a lot of walking, so perhaps picking a great resort may be a good idea. How about afternoon tea at Grand Floridian? Dinner at Victoria and Albert's? Shopping for the new baby at Pooh store in DTD? Find all those baby care centers you hear about but never needed before. :goodvibes

What an awesome husband you are! At 7 months pregnant she may feel awesome and energetic and she may feel exhausted and huge and . . . Anyway, follow her lead and see all those shows you normally pass by for the rides. Indulge in a few extra treats. Find a cute onesie or buy the smallest ears you can. Make sure that you get some photos with her bump prominently displayed so that you can show your little one his/her "first" trip to the World!

Enjoy!

I'm currently 7 months pregnant and visit the parks frequently. My stamina is awful, I used to be able to circle World Showcase 3-4 times no problem. Now, 1 time and I'm out. Be prepared to stop and rest and utilize the counter service water (it's nice and cold). Outside of skipping a couple attractions, she can still experience everything else.

Have fun!

I agree with making it a nice, easy "stop and smell the roses" trip. Focus on getting some great dining in every day...it might be the last time in a long time that you will be able to do that in a leisurely fashion. And hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! :)

DH and I went to WDW when I was 6 months pregnant with my 1st. It was a wonderful trip. I had been walking regularly for exercise and still felt great at that point in my pregnancy. However, I did slow down a bit and took a break every couple hours. Frequent snacks and drinks were a big help. Enjoy! This will be the most relaxed and peaceful trip you will have for many year! Don't get me wrong - future trips with little ones are purely magical just not very relaxing for the adults in the party.

I went at 5mo pregnant and my best advice is to have snacks (granola bar, etc.) that she likes at all times. It will come in handy when she can't find something that sounds good, or even just at the hotel where it might be a long walk to the main lobby for food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter