Taking pictures in the gym......

KristiA

Mouseketeer
Son will graduate from Kindergarten on Thursday night. Haven't had a chance to play around with camera in the gym too much. What settings do you recommend? My gym shots are always dark and blurry and bad. I have a Nikon D40. Any help so appreciated!!!!!

tough question,,, lighting varies from gym to gym... what lens are you using...

do you have an external flash..??

What lenses, regular or dimmed lighting, and how far from the action will you be. You probably will need to go to ISO 1600 though.

Tough to get. Get there a little early so you can play around with your settings before the actual ceremony - and get a seat with a good vantage point. It might be helpful to bring a monopod if you have one (tripod will generally be too big in that setting).

Pick the right white balance (tungston or fluorescent), get close, snap at least 1/125 shutter, and take lots of pictures.

If you feel comfortable shooting in RAW and being able to convert it, that's really the best way to go.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to try and get there early and play around with the settings. I actually have to go volunteer at school this afternoon so I might try and sneak into the gym to take a few pics to see how they turn out. I think the lighting will be normal, not dimmed. I only have the two lenses that came with my camera, I think the 18 and 55? Don't have them right by me.

Since its a graduation, you don't have to worry about no flash during the game thing... so try the flash. Bump up your ISO to 400, maybe 800 depending on how far away you eventually are.

See how that works too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter