Taking photos in a shop at Disney?

JUJU814

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if it is allowed to take a photo(s) in any of the shops in the theme parks or at the resorts?

I am newly interested in photography and have been looking at some way cool pics taken at Disney world (some of store displays)and want to try some different perspectives while I'm there other than the typical ones I've always taken. I just want to make sure there isn't any policy against it.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if it is allowed to take a photo(s) in any of the shops in the theme parks or at the resorts?

I am newly interested in photography and have been looking at some way cool pics taken at Disney world (some of store displays)and want to try some different perspectives while I'm there other than the typical ones I've always taken. I just want to make sure there isn't any policy against it.

Thanks!

Not to my knowledge ;) I have taken loads of pics in the different shops - they have some cool things, just to mention one - the castle in the World of Disney at DTD. Also like some of the decorations/staged displays they do in the different shops, have also taken full frame pics of some interesting t-shirts :)

The only time picture taking would be discouraged is in the art galleries. And even then the rule is very loosely enforced. The only time, as a CP, I was told to enforce the rule in the animation gallery at the Studios was when 1: The camera's flash was on or 2: if the Artist him/herself was present signing their work. Otherwise you're encouraged to snap away! :)

We have also taken oodles of photos in the shops, in fact, I have had a CM offer to take our photo when we were on our wedding trip, when they saw us taking pictures of each other!

No problem at all. I make pictures of clothes. I hang them on a separate rack,take a picture and sent them home with the question:"do you like it,what color and size"? :lmao:
Next day I go back and buy the perfect gift :flower3:

Kaspar Houser said:
No problem at all. I make pictures of clothes. I hang them on a separate rack,take a picture and sent them home with the question:"do you like it,what color and size"? :lmao:
Next day I go back and buy the perfect gift :flower3:

Exactly! "Do you want this snowglobe, or this one, or this one... or this one?"

my hobby is photography too WDW is a treasure of hidden things look up ceilings as detailed as the cistine chapel look down hidden Mickeys in rugs lighting often specific to theme of the shop wood work ornate & full of surprises have fun :thumbsup2

Absolutely you are allowed too!
Infact we find it fun to put on the disney character hats and take pictures with them on since they are cute but we will never buy them.

Also I have taken a ton of pictures in the shop at hollywood studios animation gallary and no one has ever said anything to me.

So snap away!:rolleyes:

No one ever told us otherwise... we often took a picture when we didn't want to purchase it now since DD wasn't sure what she wanted... LOL

Sergio

we did with no problems - even using all the hats and Mickey ears as props for fun. One CM even offered to take a group shot of us all with the different light up head wear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter