Taking our grandaughter for first time...help needed

Sharon Mouse

Mouseketeer
Hi am very pleased to say we will be returning to the magic in 13 days time,:cool1: (after being home for 25 whole days since our last trip)

This time whole trip is for our nearly 3 year old grandaughter, 3 in May) and will be a first for her and a first for us of disney with such a young child. Me and DH are disney vetrans so are quite happy with rides, shows etc which we know she will love, however i would really appreciate any tips on travelling with little one and any essentials we should take. We have also decided to take the eurostar which is a first for us too!!! Hope we havn't been too mad :scared1:

So would also love any tips on eurostar, we are changing at Lille both directions. We are however familiar with TGV as we always use this to and from CDG.

Finally we are AP holders. Under 3s don't pay entry, but how does this work at the gates. Does she get a ticket or will i need to carry her passport as proof each day.

Many thanks :grouphug:

I am sure you will have a fantastic trip!! :cheer2:

We took DD when she was nearly 3 and got asked a couple of times at the gates for her ticket but I explained that she was nearly 3 and they were ok with that. We also got charged for her in a buffet restaurant for her once but again I explained that she was only 2.

As for tips on what to take I was just looking at my packing list from last trip! Always good to have some activities for the Eurostar journey - we took a colouring/sticker book, Disney Princesses naturally! A selection of snacks was also a lifesaver. She was poorly while we were away so didn't eat that much in the restaurants but would nibbe on breadsticks, fruit pouches, raisins.

A drinks bottle is great so you can fill up at drinking fountains and save some Euros for the gift shop for a souvenir!

Anything that helps her feel "at home" in the hotel, a favourite toy perhaps? We also took a booster seat as DD was too big for a highchair but not quite big enough for a normal chair! Don't leave home without a buggy, although not necessarily an expensive one, really handy when you trying to get around.

Dont forget your camera, charger, power adaptor, memory card, Autograph book and pen to capture those memories!! :cloud9:

How could I forget to mention sachets of Calpol!!! An absolute lifesaver! :goodvibes

How could I forget to mention sachets of Calpol!!! An absolute lifesaver! :goodvibes

These are a must - my 2 year old was very ill when we were in dlp - I sent hubby out in search for some kind of paracetamol for kids and the lady in the shop said he needed to get a train to Paris:eek:

XX Jos.

on all three of my trips my dd was under three. i just handed them my ticket and they swiped it and let us through the door with the buggy

i would say take drinks, snacks, medicine, baby wipes. make sure you have a hat and scarf as it could be cold or could get cold at night. oh also a blanket lol. i am even taking one for my three year old just in case she falls asleep.

These are a must - my 2 year old was very ill when we were in dlp - I sent hubby out in search for some kind of paracetamol for kids and the lady in the shop said he needed to get a train to Paris:eek:

XX Jos.

Im sure medicines (even painkillers) arent sold in supermarkets and shops in the same way as in the UK - you can usually only buy them in chemists. I remember hunting for pain relief in France (not DLP) when I had a tooth abcess and eventually realising I needed to get it from a chemist.

There is a chemist in val d'europe shopping centre so you would probably get something there - to get there you get the train towards Paris so Im assuming this is what was meant

As you are travelling by Eurostar there is no restriction on liquids, I'd recommed taking a large bottle of whichever diluting juice is preferred.

Once in dlp use the water fountains to fill up. We did this, as my ds won't drink anything other than blackcurrant juice, and the parks tend only to sell fizzy juice, fresh orange juice or water.

Cart prices for coke/fanta etc are about 2.50E so can soon add up.

A small pack of wipes/hankies and hand wash were also essential for us as I didn't really like the cleanliness of the toilets there and always made use of the bottle so hand gel we had taken with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter