Taking old Disneyland DAS to Disneyworld

01spirit750

Mouseketeer
So has anyone taken their old Disneyland DAS to Disneyworld to get a DAS?

I know the systems are not linked, but was there any benefit to taking your old Disneyland DAS and getting a new Disneyworld DAS?

Or do you need to explain your issues all over again.

Thanks

It won't hurt to bring it, but you'll have to explain your needs to get one issued at WDW because CM's there will not be able to access records from DL.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have only done this at Disneyland. My DD received a DAS card in January 2014. We took it when we returned in October 2014. She reported that she received the card and how well it worked for her and requested that she receive another one. No problem. They did have to take a new picture.

Like the PP, it certainly wouldn't hurt to take it, but, be aware that you might need to explain the needs again. Hopefully when things are all electronic there can be communication between the parks and would make the process easier.

I did this at WDW (Epcot), and it seemed to speed things up. New photo, completely different computer system.

I no longer have a DL one, because DL took it from me last DL trip, because they have the new system out there now (no more DAS cards). The DL CMs did explain to me that they now want you to explain the situation each time, because they want to make sure the DAS guests needs are still the same. (they said this after I said I thought it was quicker to return to the same park with an older card, to get a new one, and I was asking how that could continue without using the cards there). While I understand this, it is disappointing to have to give the details over and over, when they are a bit private or potentially embarrassing. But, it is what it is.

I assume it still helps at WDW to bring the old card with you, but they may also be instructed to ask for a detailed explanation each trip.

Have fun on your trip!!

I got my DS-8's original DAS at California Adventure. When we went to WDW for our trip the following February I had no problems at all - in fact they did not ask me any questions so I wonder if the systems are linked somehow? They just took the basic info from my DLR card and put it on a WDW one with a new picture of course (but we have had to take a new picture with every card regardless of the park). And they did take my DLR card from me but that was no big deal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter