Taking ME from WDW means no port upgrade?

luv2sleep

DIS Veteran
If we are taking magical express from WDW, will we arrive at PC too late to attempt a port upgrade?

Magic Express only operates between the airport and WDW. You will need to purchase transportation for WDW to the port. I have used the Disney transportation. They pick up from various property hotels so you could have multiple stops before you actually begin travel to port. Pick up times vary from 1130 to 1230. We have checked in at the port around 1:00 to 1:30. The lines are not bad at that point. I have never wanted an upgrade so I am not sure if it would be too late.

fhtpdw20 said:
Magic Express only operates between the airport and WDW. You will need to purchase transportation for WDW to the port. I have used the Disney transportation. They pick up from various property hotels so you could have multiple stops before you actually begin travel to port. Pick up times vary from 1130 to 1230. We have checked in at the port around 1:00 to 1:30. The lines are not bad at that point. I have never wanted an upgrade so I am not sure if it would be too late.

Oh I didn't know that wasn't called ME too.
Sounds pretty late. Good to know though. Thanks!

We have been literally the first family in the terminal (on a B2B) and found there were no cabins available for upgrades and we've arrived at 1:30 and found cabins still available for purchased upgrades.

Of course your chances are best the earlier you arrive. However, a late arrival does not mean there won't be anything available any more than an early arrival assures availability.

kcashner said:
We have been literally the first family in the terminal (on a B2B) and found there were no cabins available for upgrades and we've arrived at 1:30 and found cabins still available for purchased upgrades.

Of course your chances are best the earlier you arrive. However, a late arrival does not mean there won't be anything available any more than an early arrival assures availability.

Good to know! Thanks for the info! Will see what happens. If there's something there, great! If not, it's ok.

. . . Of course your chances are best the earlier you arrive. However, a late arrival does not mean there won't be anything available any more than an early arrival assures availability.
That's because as people upgrade, their original cabins become available.

Woody

I'm already in a verandah cabin and was thinking about upgrading to a cat V cabin. If I come late will those be gone? I may have to pay for private transportation if this ends up being really important to me.

Or people don't show/cancel.
Interesting. I wonder if people don't show up at the port, how long DCL holds their cabin for them.

Last month we were on the Fantasy, and during the muster drill, we saw a family pull up to the dock. They looked rather stressed.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter