Taking Luggage Onboard with You

tup1830

Mouseketeer
Almost all threads, past experiences and tips talk about dropping luggage off at the porters and then getting them at your stateroom later in the afternoon.

There is an option of walking your luggage off the ship...but is there an option to walk your luggage ONTO the ship?

If we plan to get to the port around 1, then i can walk onto the ship and drop my luggage off (presumably a half hour to check in, get onto the ship and walk to the room) rather than potentially waiting until 4-5 to get luggage.

I know it may sound like a silly thing to do, but for anyone arriving after 1:30 onto the ship, it may make sense to just have it with you...rather than playing a waiting game.

The luggage would be scanned at the terminal security (same as carry on luggage).

Has anyone done this before?

It would need to be able to fit through the scanners which are just like the ones at the airport. So basically carry on sized suitcases, small duffle bag or tote bags.

Almost all threads, past experiences and tips talk about dropping luggage off at the porters and then getting them at your stateroom later in the afternoon.

There is an option of walking your luggage off the ship...but is there an option to walk your luggage ONTO the ship?

If we plan to get to the port around 1, then i can walk onto the ship and drop my luggage off (presumably a half hour to check in, get onto the ship and walk to the room) rather than potentially waiting until 4-5 to get luggage.

I know it may sound like a silly thing to do, but for anyone arriving after 1:30 onto the ship, it may make sense to just have it with you...rather than playing a waiting game.

The luggage would be scanned at the terminal security (same as carry on luggage).

Has anyone done this before?

As long as your luggage fits through the security scanner it can be brought onboard with you. Those scanners usually handle carry on sizes, not full sized luggage. The reason you drop luggage off (in addition to convenience) is to scan them in bigger screeners.

MJ

It would need to be able to fit through the scanners which are just like the ones at the airport. So basically carry on sized suitcases, small duffle bag or tote bags.

Also you will be carting it with you until your cabin is ready (usually 1:30) as there is nowhere to put it on board other than your cabin.

Let's not forget about the dogs used at the ports. They are working the luggage area looking for all sorts of contraband. Do yourself a favor give it to the porter!

"Carry-on bags must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension"

If your luggage is this size or smaller you can carry it on yourself.
We had all our luggage before 3pm on our last cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter