• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

I would bring the potty seat most familiar to her. We just started potty training DD and while she's done pretty well, the comforts of home would be more than worth it. I would hate to undo the progress already established.

Yeah since you are driving, I'd go with option 1 too...although...you might have some setbacks anyway due to travel and change in routine etc...oh the good ole' potty training days...sigh...I thought they would never end...and for my DS...they didn't for a loooonggg time lol. But girls learn faster :)

So glad you're recovering well! Hope you get the good news you want on Tuesday. :hug:
Love your Must Do list. Definitely going to refer to it when I make my own list, so thanks!

Watch Little Miss experience the Magic for the First time. – I have already warned DH that I will probably get teary at least once on this trip. It has always been a dream to experience Disney World with my daughter and after a 2 year battle with fertility issues I was almost convinced that was something I might never get to do. Even now nearly three years after her birth I still get moments that overwhelm me and make me just so grateful to have such a gift.
:lovestruc :goodvibes :lovestruc That's so sweet and touching. I really hope your family has THE best and THE most memorable time at Disney.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about potty training so :confused3 but good luck deciding on the best option!

I'm praying hard that the follow up appointment on Tuesday will bring good news and freedom to eat what I want.
Really hoping for good news for you! :goodvibes

Option 1: Bring her normal potty seat – This option has the perk of also doubling as a step stool for the room. We can set it in the main bathroom area and allow her to have her potty space and can increase the odds she uses the potty at least a little bit while there. This would also give her a level of familiarity of home.
Since you're driving, I think this would be really nice to have in your room. I'm not sure what to tell you for out and about.

At the moment, I'm planning to bring the folding travel potty seat we just got - will use that for the parks. Though she didn't want to use it last night, Izzy happily used it tonight, so that was good! :thumbsup2 Hoping I can get her used to it before we leave. I also may bring one like your #2 option (only ours has Minnie, of course :rotfl:) and leave that in the room. We're flying, though, so it will depend if I have room in the luggage. I know she is comfortable with that seat, as she often uses it at home and when we go to the grandparents' houses. Good luck and I hope things go smoothly! pixiedust:

Potty training is such a PITA! We are just going on hiatus for Disney and using pull-ups. My son will sit on a real toilet if I hold his arms so he feels secure. My daughter hates any potty so i am just not going to worry about it for her. We do have a folding seat (Mickey!) but on our last trip I found I hardly used it, and i didnt notice any real set-backs in progress when we returned. Maybe I will pack it, and leave it in the room. I hadnt even thought of it until i read your post!

The new shirts are great! :thumbsup2 Hmm... I don't know what to recommend for the potty issue... since you're driving, I guess there's no reason not to bring potty #1 and at least get some use out of it when you're in your room. :confused3 Helpful, aren't I?! :lmao:

So happy you're on the road to recovery! Hopefully Tuesday's check up gives you good results and here you come Disney!

I vote option 1 if you have the room since your driving. I haven't gotten to this stage yet but I think being familiar with the toilet will probably help.

Hope today is a good day!

I would bring the potty seat most familiar to her. We just started potty training DD and while she's done pretty well, the comforts of home would be more than worth it. I would hate to undo the progress already established.
Yeah that is my fear, but also know that it may just be a reality of traveling. If it can fit I think we will bring her usual seat.

Yeah since you are driving, I'd go with option 1 too...although...you might have some setbacks anyway due to travel and change in routine etc...oh the good ole' potty training days...sigh...I thought they would never end...and for my DS...they didn't for a loooonggg time lol. But girls learn faster :)
I've braced myself for setbacks. I'm not in any urgent hurry to get her potty trained. Its a slow and steady wins the race thing. Hopefully though Disney won't completely destroy our progress.

So glad you're recovering well! Hope you get the good news you want on Tuesday. :hug:
Thank you! and Here's hoping!:wizard: I'll say this though, after a week of nothing but cold noodles and pudding that food at Disney is going to taste REALLY good! :rotfl:

Love your Must Do list. Definitely going to refer to it when I make my own list, so thanks!
Glad it helps!

:lovestruc :goodvibes :lovestruc That's so sweet and touching. I really hope your family has THE best and THE most memorable time at Disney.
:hug: :thanks:
Unfortunately I don't know anything about potty training so :confused3 but good luck deciding on the best option!
:rotfl:
Really hoping for good news for you! :goodvibes
Thank you! I'm already getting tired of the cold noodles and pudding diet so I know that after a week of this I will be beyond over it! I have a feeling that my opinions on the food for disney will be a little skewed after a week of such restrictions. I'll be happy just eating normal food! :rotfl:

Since you're driving, I think this would be really nice to have in your room. I'm not sure what to tell you for out and about.

At the moment, I'm planning to bring the folding travel potty seat we just got - will use that for the parks. Though she didn't want to use it last night, Izzy happily used it tonight, so that was good! :thumbsup2 Hoping I can get her used to it before we leave. I also may bring one like your #2 option (only ours has Minnie, of course :rotfl:) and leave that in the room. We're flying, though, so it will depend if I have room in the luggage. I know she is comfortable with that seat, as she often uses it at home and when we go to the grandparents' houses. Good luck and I hope things go smoothly! pixiedust:
Yeah I'm bringing postits for the sesors on the auto flushers but thats it for the public potties. We haven't gotten to that level yet.

Potty training is such a PITA!
::yes:: AMEN!
We are just going on hiatus for Disney and using pull-ups.
Kinda my thinking as well. I knew from the get go I didn't want to deal with panties at disney.

My son will sit on a real toilet if I hold his arms so he feels secure. My daughter hates any potty so i am just not going to worry about it for her. We do have a folding seat (Mickey!) but on our last trip I found I hardly used it, and i didnt notice any real set-backs in progress when we returned.
Good to know. I am worried for set backs but prepared to deal with them if we have to.

Maybe I will pack it, and leave it in the room. I hadnt even thought of it until i read your post!
Glad to remind you! :rotfl::thumbsup2
The new shirts are great! :thumbsup2
:thanks:
Hmm... I don't know what to recommend for the potty issue... since you're driving, I guess there's no reason not to bring potty #1 and at least get some use out of it when you're in your room. :confused3 Helpful, aren't I?! :lmao:
That is what I am leaning towards.
So happy you're on the road to recovery! Hopefully Tuesday's check up gives you good results and here you come Disney!
:thanks: Here's hoping!:wizard: A girl can only eat cold noodles and pudding for so long. Making me do that at disney would be torture!

I vote option 1 if you have the room since your driving. I haven't gotten to this stage yet but I think being familiar with the toilet will probably help.
That's what I'm thinking. Besides the stool benefit will be a plus as well!

Hope today is a good day!
:thanks:

Healing is going pretty well. Pain is pretty well managed today.
That's good news. I hope the recovery continues to go well.

this strict diet of very soft lukewarm or cold mushy stuff that is big enough not to get stuck in the stitches is getting old fast.
But... ice cream is cold and mushy. :thumbsup2

In other news, DH has had a few more shirts arrive yesterday.

20150428_165037_zpsygzabet2.jpg
Not sure what I like better. The shirt itself, or the fact that he's holding a hammer. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

At the moment, if there is room in the car to bring it I think I am leaning toward option 1. It just seems like we would most appreciate this while there and afterwards.
I think that makes the most sense. Not only having the potty that she's most used to, but having it for a step stool in the room will be a big benefit as well.

Your trip's less than a week away!! And I'm in single digits too! So excited for you! When you're in WDW, we'll be on the Disney Magic!
I love love love your DH's t-shirt with Darth frying eggs...where did you get it? I have to get DH some cool new t-shirts too!
Little miss and your outfits are adorable as well. I always struggle with what to bring and what to wear. Sometimes I end up bringing the same things I did on my last WDW vacation!
Sorry about your tooth! Hope you're feeling better! :cloud9:

That's good news. I hope the recovery continues to go well.
Thanks! Prayers and Pixie Dust that I can eat regular food next week! :wizard:

But... ice cream is cold and mushy. :thumbsup2
But it is also the same texture everything else I can eat is. Gets boring quickly. ::yes:: Hard to believe I know.
Not sure what I like better. The shirt itself, or the fact that he's holding a hammer. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
:rotfl:He insisted on holding the hammer for the picture. He will be most happy that someone found it amusing. :confused3:thumbsup2

I think that makes the most sense. Not only having the potty that she's most used to, but having it for a step stool in the room will be a big benefit as well.
::yes:: Exactly what I have been thinking.
Your trip's less than a week away!! And I'm in single digits too! So excited for you! When you're in WDW, we'll be on the Disney Magic!
:hyper: And that last week sure does breeze by quickly when you spend a few days on narcotic pain pills!:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: My brain is still trying to figure out what day it is.:confused3:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I love love love your DH's t-shirt with Darth frying eggs...where did you get it? I have to get DH some cool new t-shirts too!
He gets his shirts from Shirt.Woot.com
Little miss and your outfits are adorable as well.
Thanks! I had big fun putting them together! ::yes::
Sorry about your tooth! Hope you're feeling better! :cloud9:
THank you! Keep your fingers crossed for an all clear at my appointment Tuesday afternoon! :wizard:

How find us in the parks…..

So I know quite a few of you will end up being there at the same time as us. So in case we run into each other here are the things that can help you know who we are:

20131013_173654_zpsvgwxkupa.jpg

(Here's hoping that I look more like this and less like a chipmunk with a swollen face! :rotfl:Though really the swelling is already starting to decrease a tad. Keeping fingers crossed and saying prayers!:wizard:)

ca0282ab-72e2-48cf-a890-bd55b333ffd4_zps82f492ad.jpg

Our faces – This one is obvious but since the intro pictures have disappeared I thought I would show all three of us again as a refresher.

20150501_080055_zps6od72wfl.jpg

Our backpack- This is easy to spot with its bright color and has a luggage tag with a green mickey head on it and our dis names.

20150404_192701_zpsvdnriylt.jpg

Our stroller location device – If anyone else at the parks has something like this sticking off their stroller I will be more than a little shocked.

If our
schedules match up and we haven't talked yet let me know so I can keep an eye out for you! Also, please be warned that I tend to be bad with names so if I forget yours don't be offended! :rotfl2:

One week from today, we will be meeting in the Magic Kingdom! I can't wait!!!

Well, I won't be there so you won't have to worry about running into me at the parks, but I hope you have a great trip and plenty of good dis meets. Seems like there should be ample opportunities while you're there!

Tooth update... so tonight at dinner I was able to graduate from cold noodles to cold pizza! (I'm not cleared for anything above room temp because it could dissolve the stitches too soon.) FOr a girl that has been stuck eating cold ramen for the past week THis is quite the big deal! :dogdance::dancer:party:

One week from today, we will be meeting in the Magic Kingdom! I can't wait!!!
tumblr_lu05gzO0r51r5b1s6o1_500.gif

Well, I won't be there so you won't have to worry about running into me at the parks, but I hope you have a great trip and plenty of good dis meets. Seems like there should be ample opportunities while you're there!
:thanks: There certainly does!
I will be keeping my eye out for you three. :)
As we will for you!

Yay for more food variety!!! I'm glad you are healing well!! I LOVE all the things you did so other DIS'ers would easily recognize you - the luggage tag is awesome. I might have to steal that tip!!! I'm sad that I won't be there at the same time for all the DIS meets you are likely to have!

Glad you're making some progress with your tooth! :thumbsup2 I hope it gets better and better! I can't believe you leave in THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter