Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

I hope the surgery went well and you are having a speedy recovery! And that Little Miss is past the lovely drainage stuff (I feel her pain literally).

And how EXCITING it is that you are doing the SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Love the Welcome Gift and the note...see I'm not that creative to write that! LOL!

In a little over a week we should be meeting in person at the happiest place on Earth!

OH NO!!! I'm SO sorry to hear about the tooth! I hope that all goes as smoothly as possible and your recovery is very quick! I'm so glad that it didn't happen while you were on the trip! Silver lining I guess... :sad2:

I hope Little Miss feels better ASAP too! Gosh, you've got your work cut out for you right now. But...

HAPPY SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::cool1::dancer::banana::cool1::dancer:

For all those that have sent well wishes, Thank you and I will go back and respond soon. I am spending most of my time laying in bed and reading on my tablet which is not great for responding on. (Especially when combined with pain meds :rotfl:) Surgery went well and I am recovering nicely. Looks like I may not be able to drink carbonated beverages the first day or so of the trip but we will see what the doc says the day before I leave. Little MIss is currently having big fun with a Nana sleep over tonight so that I can rest and DH can get his work done. The most annoying thing is that I can't eat anything warmer than lukewarm for the next week. I do have a few updates pre- written That I will go ahead and post. I do apologize ahead for no pictures. I don't think I quite have the energy to add them in at the moment.

For all those that have sent well wishes, Thank you and I will go back and respond soon. I am spending most of my time laying in bed and reading on my tablet which is not great for responding on. (Especially when combined with pain meds :rotfl:) Surgery went well and I am recovering nicely. Looks like I may not be able to drink carbonated beverages the first day or so of the trip but we will see what the doc says the day before I leave. Little MIss is currently having big fun with a Nana sleep over tonight so that I can rest and DH can get his work done. The most annoying thing is that I can't eat anything warmer than lukewarm for the next week. I do have a few updates pre- written That I will go ahead and post. I do apologize ahead for no pictures. I don't think I quite have the energy to add them in at the moment.

So glad to see you post! (I was getting worried and about to text you! )I know the energy thing...amazing how something like that just zaps the heck out of you! Rest! Don't worry about us! All of us here just want you folks to have a fabulous trip! and if that means getting as much rest as possible between now and when you leave, you need to do that! Take care my friend!

Lynn

Must Dos-

So I realized that while I have posted what are plans are I haven’t posted what our Must Do’s for the trip are. These are the things that no matter what happens on the trip we feel we want to be sure happens:

Ride the Peoplemover! – This one is mine and a trip just wouldn’t be the same without at least one spin on my favorite ride!

Ride the Train- It has been I’m guessing a bare minimum of 20 years since I have been on the train. I was so disappointed that it was down for referb during my last trip. Between that and Little Miss’s and DH’s love for Trains this really is a no brainer must do for us. I expect we will be taking quite a few spins on the Train

See the Welcome Show- This is something that if I have ever seen it was as a very small child and I don’t remember. I really hope that things work out to catch it on our first park morning. It really would be a magical start to the trip.

See Wishes at least once. – We should be covered on this front. This is my most favorite fireworks show ever and I can’t wait to try and see it from a few different places.

Ride Figment! –Okay this one is strictly my Must Do but come one who doesn’t love the purple guy!

Tomorrowland Speedway- with DH’s love of cars I can’t wait to see him and Little Miss cruising on this. I hope to get a few pictures at least. (On a side note- Does anyone remember how tall you have to be before they let you drive?)

Watch Little Miss experience the Magic for the First time. – I have already warned DH that I will probably get teary at least once on this trip. It has always been a dream to experience Disney World with my daughter and after a 2 year battle with fertility issues I was almost convinced that was something I might never get to do. Even now nearly three years after her birth I still get moments that overwhelm me and make me just so grateful to have such a gift.

It’s a Small World – This is for Little Miss, who in the last few weeks has developed an obsession with the book (Released at the anniversary) and song. To my knowledge she has yet to fully grasp that it’s also a ride. Frankly I’m a little excited to see her face when she does.

The rest of these are Must Dos for DH alone. I more than likely won’t be joining him on these:

Ride Star Tours- This one has a tendency to make me motion sick so I would only go on this one if Little Miss reaches the height requirement and only so that I could enjoy her first time on it. DH wants a few rides if he can manage.

Tower of Terror- I am NOT a fan of this one. And contrary to DH’s opinion that its not a scary ride I refuse to let Little Miss ride this one on this trip. Regardless if she reaches the height for it or not. DH will want at LEAST 3 rides. With us going to extra magic hours as well as our original park day he should be able to get at least 4 in.

Mission Space- This is another one that I can’t ride. While we don’t have a set time scheduled for him to ride as a single rider he should be able to hop a ride on it at least once on our many trips to Epcot.

I'm glad surgery went well and hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

Can I go ride TOT with your DH? I love that ride. :)

I like your must do's.

I love all your "must do's" and many of mine would be the same. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. No soda's for a few days wouldn't be the end of the world...but I know it's hard having any restrictions on vacay...but at least it would only be for the beginning anyway if it was.

So glad that surgery went well - I hope that your recovery is quick!!!

It has always been a dream to experience Disney World with my daughter and after a 2 year battle with fertility issues I was almost convinced that was something I might never get to do. Even now nearly three years after her birth I still get moments that overwhelm me and make me just so grateful to have such a gift.
:goodvibes I'm so happy that you will get to experience this dream come true. :cloud9:

Ride the Peoplemover! – This one is mine and a trip just wouldn’t be the same without at least one spin on my favorite ride!
This is a must-do for us too! Love it! Especially at night, with all the lights of Tomorrowland. :lovestruc

Ride the Train
I really want to work this in on this trip. We didn't have time on the last couple trips, but I think Izzy would love it. And I'm sure Little Miss will, given her love for trains!

See the Welcome Show
Little Miss will also love this, since the train pulls up! :thumbsup2 Be warned, this might make you teary. :sad1: I haven't made it here since having Izzy, but I have no doubt it would be really emotional.

Tomorrowland Speedway- with DH’s love of cars I can’t wait to see him and Little Miss cruising on this. I hope to get a few pictures at least. (On a side note- Does anyone remember how tall you have to be before they let you drive?)
I'm not sure, but I think they are allowed to steer at any 32"+ height - as long as an adult works the pedal. Not positive, though. :confused3

Watch Little Miss experience the Magic for the First time. – I have already warned DH that I will probably get teary at least once on this trip. It has always been a dream to experience Disney World with my daughter and after a 2 year battle with fertility issues I was almost convinced that was something I might never get to do. Even now nearly three years after her birth I still get moments that overwhelm me and make me just so grateful to have such a gift.
:goodvibes:hug: Completely relate to this - Izzy was a 2.5 year wait and it's amazing to set foot back in the World with that little miracle. Especially since we did WDW a lot while trying for her, so it was extra special to finally have her with us. So glad you get to have this dream come true! pixiedust:

It’s a Small World – This is for Little Miss, who in the last few weeks has developed an obsession with the book (Released at the anniversary) and song. To my knowledge she has yet to fully grasp that it’s also a ride. Frankly I’m a little excited to see her face when she does.
I'm sure she's going to love it! I didn't know there was a book.

Mission Space- This is another one that I can’t ride.
Same here. I did the tame side once and even that was enough for me. :faint:

Hope you are all recovered soon!

I feel exactly the same way. Our twins are IVF babies (and also almost 3). Took a lot to make them! This will be our third trip with them and I will definitely still cry!

Oh no! I hope your tooth gets better soon! At least it's now and not during the trip or the day before!
That is what I keep telling myself. And really apparently the surgery site needs 7-10 days before I can be cleared to eat regular food I'm just hoping that for once in my life I heal quickly. If it had happened any closer to the trip I wouldn't have been able to eat much while down there.

That letter is so cute! Also I hope your tooth gets better! It could be worse and could have happened during your trip. That happened once with my friend when she came on vacation with us.
:thanks: I have to keep reminding myself of that. But waking up to some pain and not even able to eat egg salad has left me a little dejected. Here's hoping that for once in my life I heal quickly!
Oh no!! Prayers for a speedy recovery!! Yay for single digit day!! :yay:
:thanks: bittersweet single digit dance thats for sure. Here's hoping this heal fast this once!

The welcome gift is so adorable, she'll love it! Such a bittersweet single digit day, sending good health vibes for a speedy recovery! :goodvibes Better to have all the unpleasant stuff happening now instead of this time next week. Gives both of you time to recover!
:thanks: It is indeed bittersweet but you are right and I have to keep reminding myself. Better now than on the trip. Here's hoping I heal fast.

Oh no, I am so sorry about all that mess. The one thing I thought though was at least it is now and not at Disney. Next Wednesday you will be there!!! OMG it is so close. Just nee to get through this yucky stuff and then it will be here. I have nothing to do from now until it is time to back but now I know better than to worry about it :sad2:.
:thanks: I keep reminding myself that. Its just frustrating to have things to get done and be down for the count. At least the bulk of the packing is done. I'm apparently not allowed to lift heavy things. Also I'm basically on a cold baby food like diet at the moment. Hopefully I heal fast so that I can go back to eating regularly next week. Its funny, Sunday morning our trip seemed so far away and now I am worried that its coming too quickly. I think this is the first time I'm not thrilled that its only 7 days before the trip.

LOVE the outfits and so glad to see some shirts for DH.
:thanks: I'll post more soon!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a DIS meet.
Looking forward to it myself.
Oh my...that Welcome gift is adorable.
:thanks:
I'm so sorry about the tooth. I hope it heals quickly. And that DD is better very soon.
:thanks: Little Miss has already bounced back for the most part.
Oh no!! Hate tooth issues!! But don't worry, you will be good as new for your trip!! So lucky that the dentist can fit you in.
I hope so. I'm just hoping I get cleared for eating regular food in time for the trip.

Finally caught up! Love all of your crafts, again! The stroller locater is a cute idea!
:thanks: We will see how well it works when we get down there!
Wow, your plans for each day are awesome, and the outfits!! :lovestruc They're all perfect!
:thanks: I've had fun planning the outfits thats for sure!

I'm sorry about your tooth, I know what's that's life, I've had my own dental issues right before a trip and it's the worst! Hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes
It really is the worst. At least it wasn't on the trip though. Hope I can be fully healed by the time we leave.

Great arrival gifts! I'm sure Little Miss will be thrilled! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear that your Single Digit Dance Day party: is being brought down by dental issues and illness. I hope you both feel 100% better by the time your countdown is done!
I hope so too. It will be a close call that is for sure. Apparently it will take 7-10 days before I am cleared to eat regular food. Hope that's closer to the 7 day mark and not the 10 day mark.

Aww the welcome letter and gifts are such a cute idea! She's going to be ecstatic when she sees!!
I hope it adds some magic to the trip for sure.
Sending pixie dust your way~ I hope you both feel better very soon!!
Thanks I need it right now! Praying for a fast healing time right now. I don't want to start this trip on a restricted diet!

Love the Welcome Gift and the note...see I'm not that creative to write that! LOL!

In a little over a week we should be meeting in person at the happiest place on Earth!
:thanks: I know!!! It should be fun. I wish I could be more excited but right now I am just worried my stitches won't be healed in time and that I'll be stuck on the restricted diet while down there.

OH NO!!! I'm SO sorry to hear about the tooth! I hope that all goes as smoothly as possible and your recovery is very quick! I'm so glad that it didn't happen while you were on the trip! Silver lining I guess... :sad2:
Indeed a silver lining I have to keep telling myself about.

I hope Little Miss feels better ASAP too! Gosh, you've got your work cut out for you right now. But...

HAPPY SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::cool1::dancer::banana::cool1::dancer:

The outfits are all so cute.
I love the welcome gift!
Hope the surgery went well.
And yay for single digits!
:thanks: Outfits are so fun to plan! Here's hoping recovery goes fast. Normal recovery is about 7-10 days apparently. I don't want to be restricted on the trip.

So glad to see you post! (I was getting worried and about to text you! )I know the energy thing...amazing how something like that just zaps the heck out of you! Rest! Don't worry about us! All of us here just want you folks to have a fabulous trip! and if that means getting as much rest as possible between now and when you leave, you need to do that! Take care my friend!

Lynn
I'm glad surgery went well and hope you are feeling a lot better soon.
:thanks: Healing time will be cutting it close thats for sure.

I'll catch up on the rest later but I'm glad you're back home and recovering. Forget the DIS, get some rest!
I love all your "must do's" and many of mine would be the same. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. No soda's for a few days wouldn't be the end of the world...but I know it's hard having any restrictions on vacay...but at least it would only be for the beginning anyway if it was.
It's not as much the soda as the the restriction on anything not smooth and cold. What a bummer that would be!

So glad that surgery went well - I hope that your recovery is quick!!!

:goodvibes I'm so happy that you will get to experience this dream come true. :cloud9:
Same here! I expect many tears of joy!:wizard: Here's hoping for quick recovery and I get released for regular eating in time for the trip. It will be a close one that is for sure!

This is a must-do for us too! Love it! Especially at night, with all the lights of Tomorrowland. :lovestruc
::yes::
I really want to work this in on this trip. We didn't have time on the last couple trips, but I think Izzy would love it. And I'm sure Little Miss will, given her love for trains!
I can't remember the last time I rode the train. It has been too long that's for sure. I'm sure that Little Miss will love it!

Little Miss will also love this, since the train pulls up! :thumbsup2 Be warned, this might make you teary. :sad1: I haven't made it here since having Izzy, but I have no doubt it would be really emotional.
I expect it will as well. Especially after the week I'm having now! ::yes::

I'm not sure, but I think they are allowed to steer at any 32"+ height - as long as an adult works the pedal. Not positive, though. :confused3
:thumbsup2 Good to know! I can't wait to get those pictures of Little Miss and DH!

:goodvibes:hug: Completely relate to this - Izzy was a 2.5 year wait and it's amazing to set foot back in the World with that little miracle. Especially since we did WDW a lot while trying for her, so it was extra special to finally have her with us. So glad you get to have this dream come true! pixiedust:
:hug: It makes everything so worth it in the end doesn't it?

I'm sure she's going to love it! I didn't know there was a book.
They released it around the anniversery of the attraction. Not sure if you can still find it. Its a good one though. Nice artwork inside.
Same here. I did the tame side once and even that was enough for me. :faint:
I won't even do the tame side. It would get me just as sick!

Hope you are all recovered soon!
I really do to. Here's hoping things heal fast and that I get released to eat regularly before the trip. It will be a close one that's for sure!

Hope you are feeling better! (and now I realize who you are from the May facebook board.... ha ha ha!)
:rotfl: :thanks:Here's hoping things heal fast and that I get released to eat regularly before the trip. It will be a close one that's for sure!

I feel exactly the same way. Our twins are IVF babies (and also almost 3). Took a lot to make them! This will be our third trip with them and I will definitely still cry!
I've prepared DH for waterworks. He knows not to be surprised if he sees them! :rotfl::thumbsup2:hug:

See the Welcome Show- This is something that if I have ever seen it was as a very small child and I don’t remember. I really hope that things work out to catch it on our first park morning. It really would be a magical start to the trip.
I absolutely love the welcome show. I really hope you can make it happen!

Ride Figment! –Okay this one is strictly my Must Do but come one who doesn’t love the purple guy!
Just don't forget to hold your breath.

Yep... I can confirm that. She'll be able to sit in front of the steering wheel and drive it while he pushes the pedal. Just warn him to watch as they get going though. Once you get out of the pit area and make it to the narrow rail where you're steering the car around the track, if she isn't ready for it the wheel will get ripped out of her hand when they hit the rail. This happened to DS on his first ride ever and he kind of freaked out and didn't want to drive anymore. Might not be a bad idea if he has a hand on the wheel to help her or is at least ready for that.

This. Forget the rest... just this... :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I think the Welcome Show really does start the magic when going into MK! I hope you can see it.

Ride the Train- It has been I’m guessing a bare minimum of 20 years since I have been on the train. I was so disappointed that it was down for referb during my last trip. Between that and Little Miss’s and DH’s love for Trains this really is a no brainer must do for us. I expect we will be taking quite a few spins on the Train

The train is something I remember from when I was little and my parents took me, it was a must-do for me during our last trip.

I hope you recover quickly!

I absolutely love the welcome show. I really hope you can make it happen!
We should make it happen. I'm shooting strong for seeing it on our first park day. There might just be an extra touch of magic if I can make that happen.
Just don't forget to hold your breath.
:rotfl:Will do! :thumbsup2
Yep... I can confirm that. She'll be able to sit in front of the steering wheel and drive it while he pushes the pedal. Just warn him to watch as they get going though. Once you get out of the pit area and make it to the narrow rail where you're steering the car around the track, if she isn't ready for it the wheel will get ripped out of her hand when they hit the rail. This happened to DS on his first ride ever and he kind of freaked out and didn't want to drive anymore. Might not be a bad idea if he has a hand on the wheel to help her or is at least ready for that.
Good to know! :thumbsup2
This. Forget the rest... just this... :goodvibes :thumbsup2
::yes:: What everything really boils down to doesn't it?:wizard:::yes::
I think the Welcome Show really does start the magic when going into MK! I hope you can see it.
We should make it happen. I'm shooting strong for seeing it on our first park day. There might just be an extra touch of magic if I can make that happen.
The train is something I remember from when I was little and my parents took me, it was a must-do for me during our last trip.

I hope you recover quickly!
Thanks! I seem to be feeling okay today, however I am really hoping that the stitches heal fast so that I can get off this lukewarm mushy food only diet There is only so much Ramen and Pudding a girl can eat. :rotfl:Not to mention that It would stink to be stuck with my limitations and not be able to enjoy vacation food.!

Healing is going pretty well. Pain is pretty well managed today. I am dearly hoping for a quick recovery not only because this time next week we should be strolling along DTD:scared1::hyper::jumping1: but also because this strict diet of very soft lukewarm or cold mushy stuff that is big enough not to get stuck in the
stitches is getting old fast. I'm basically on a pudding and Ramen diet. I'm praying hard that the follow up appointment on Tuesday will bring good news and freedom to eat what I want. I really don't have to worry about that stuff while down there.

In other news, DH has had a few more shirts arrive yesterday.

20150428_165037_zpsygzabet2.jpg

20150428_164854_zpss7tuhjlt.jpg

and now on to your regularly
scheduled update.....

The Great Potty Dilemma

So it dawned on me a while back that with Little Miss in the process of Potty training some consideration needs to be made as to what to do about a potty while on the trip.

Little Miss while starting to get a firm grasp on the concept doesn’t do well on public potties and while she often does use Nana’s “big” potty it’s not something she uses well or with reliability. Also Little Miss tends to do better when you can give her a level of independence while sitting on the potty. That can’t be done while she sits on a regular adult sized potty seat.

The way I see it I have three options and would really like to hear y’alls thoughts on them.

20150429_135431_zpsn1rvebxq.jpg

Option 1: Bring her normal potty seat – This option has the perk of also doubling as a step stool for the room. We can set it in the main bathroom area and allow her to have her potty space and can increase the odds she uses the potty at least a little bit while there. This would also give her a level of familiarity of home.

20150429_135404_zpsm5wxpfvk.jpg

Option 2: Bring a potty cushion that sits on the adult potty – This one, while travel friendly and would help sit on the potty more securely, doesn’t allow full proper support needed for success. I am also not sure I would want her out of sight in the potty room by herself while using this one.

Option 3: Don’t bring anything and deal with the setbacks when we get home.

At the moment, if there is room in the car to bring it I think I am leaning toward option 1. It just seems like we would most appreciate this while there and afterwards.

Glad you are feeling better and hope the doctor gives you good news when you go back on Tuesday. More great shirts for DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter