Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

The idea is that if we keep it dark and quiet, and play boring to her music she will sleep for a large chunk of the trip.
I'm right there with you on that one! That's why we always try to make the bulk of the drive at night. So much easier if they sleep!

We will for sure be stopping at the Florida Welcome Center. I have passed it so many times in my life and I can’t ever remember stopping there. With all I have heard about it from Disers, it seems like a good place to stretch our legs and let Little Miss run around and explore a bit. Of course the free OJ will be a nice perk as well.
I've been there. I don't get the big deal on the Dis about it. :confused3 The OJ is a nice touch, but it is a welcome center...

Though it might end up meaning DH and I get stuck listening to a Frozen Marathon! :headache: It’s for this reason (and a few others) that we will hold out as long as we can with the tablet.
::yes:: :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Been there, done that.

Our reservation is for 7:30pm, so while I debated hanging around after dinner to see Wishes from the dock I decided that with our early start, and my strong desire to make Rope Drop the next morning we would be better served getting to the bus stop before the post Fireworks madness begins. Hopefully we will be getting in the bed about 10pm which is about Little Misses usual bedtime.
I think that looks like a good idea. Enjoy a character meal to really set the mood and then get a good night's sleep so you're ready to go strong for the first park day! :thumbsup2

I'm right there with you on that one! That's why we always try to make the bulk of the drive at night. So much easier if they sleep!
As long as she actually sleeps. DH and I are worried for the potential backfire of a kid that is fully awake at 4:30am.:earseek::scared1: But she generally can sleep well in the car so it shouldn't be an issue. (I hope.)

I've been there. I don't get the big deal on the Dis about it. :confused3 The OJ is a nice touch, but it is a welcome center...

If we can manage to get as far as Valdosta before stopping for breakfast I think we may end up skipping it. (Which is probably one reason we always skipped the welcome center as a kid.)
::yes:: :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Been there, done that.
Thankfully DH is loading the tablet with Many options so it shouldn't be too bad I hope.

I think that looks like a good idea. Enjoy a character meal to really set the mood and then get a good night's sleep so you're ready to go strong for the first park day! :thumbsup2
Besides DH and I will be exhausted from waking up so early.

If we can manage to get as far as Valdosta before stopping for breakfast I think we may end up skipping it. (Which is probably one reason we always skipped the welcome center as a kid.)
We may stop if we need to use the restroom, stretch and let the kids run. But this last trip, they were occupied and quiet when we rolled across the state line. I wasn't about to stop and let them get all wound up. And I really don't feel like we missed out on anything. :rotfl:

Thankfully DH is loading the tablet with Many options so it shouldn't be too bad I hope.
I'm sure no matter how many options you have, she'll want something that wasn't loaded onto it. :rolleyes1

Love your dinner outfit!! And of course her princess dress! Sounds like another great day you have planned. I've only had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare before...I look forward to hearing more about that!

Looks like some great travel plans. I have usually had good luck with the "fall back asleep" idea. We always seem to miss the FL welcome center too. It isn't a big deal to me but I need to let the kids experience it at some point.

Since I am behind, I also want to say that I love the glow in the dark Mickeys on your Magic bands! I also love your Cinderella shirt. I have some of that iron-on glitter stuff in gold and a pinkish-purple color. I think silhouettes are brilliant uses of those! Now I just need to think of appropriate characters for the colors I have...

I think those final plans sound perfect! And I love your outfits for your dinner with Cinderella.

We may stop if we need to use the restroom, stretch and let the kids run. But this last trip, they were occupied and quiet when we rolled across the state line. I wasn't about to stop and let them get all wound up. And I really don't feel like we missed out on anything. :rotfl:
Yeah and this is why we would skip it. If Little Miss is happy and settled then I see no reason to disturb the peace and pull over.

I'm sure no matter how many options you have, she'll want something that wasn't loaded onto it. :rolleyes1
Not speaking from experience at all on this one are you! :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Love your dinner outfit!! And of course her princess dress!
:thanks:
Sounds like another great day you have planned. I've only had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare before...I look forward to hearing more about that!
I figured it was a great way to start off the trip.

Looks like some great travel plans. I have usually had good luck with the "fall back asleep" idea. We always seem to miss the FL welcome center too. It isn't a big deal to me but I need to let the kids experience it at some point.
I'm glad other parents are agreeing with this idea and not calling us crazy. DH wants to try for a dry run of the wake up and go, I told him if he wants to do that he's more than welcome but one 4:30 wake up call will be brutal enough. :rotfl:

Since I am behind, I also want to say that I love the glow in the dark Mickeys on your Magic bands! I also love your Cinderella shirt.
:thanks: They really did turn out well didn't they?

I have some of that iron-on glitter stuff in gold and a pinkish-purple color. I think silhouettes are brilliant uses of those! Now I just need to think of appropriate characters for the colors I have...
Pinkish Purple Eh? Sounds like a great color for a Figment silhouette. :figment: The gold makes me think of beauty and the beast or Aladdin and Jasmine.

I think those final plans sound perfect! And I love your outfits for your dinner with Cinderella.
:thanks: I really like how things are coming together. :dogdance:

Your plans sounds perfect to me! Sending some pixie dust your way for Little Miss to sleep in the car and to not get bored so you can make good time! pixiedust:

Your outfits so far are perfect! I love the dinner ones!!! :flower:

Sounds like a good first day. I hope that little miss cooperates and sleeps. I love the outfits for 1900 Park Fare!

Your plans sounds perfect to me! Sending some pixie dust your way for Little Miss to sleep in the car and to not get bored so you can make good time! pixiedust:
I'll take that Pixie dust! It would be awesome to make it by 12:30 but doing so doesn't really allow for much of a breakfast stop. But who knows.

Your outfits so far are perfect! I love the dinner ones!!! :flower:
The arrival outfit is actually one from last year that by some miracle still fits her. (don't ask how!) Its nice that we will get a bonus season out of it. The dinner outfits are pretty nice. I've even talked DH into wearing a polo that night!

Sounds like a good first day. I hope that little miss cooperates and sleeps. I love the outfits for 1900 Park Fare!
I'm fairly sure she will, but you I'm sure are aware how these things can go.

Finalized Plans- 5/7-Park Day 1

20150414_143708_zpsirkhga4m.jpg

Little Miss's Morning Outfit

20150414_170625_zpsqmswjfjd.jpg

My Outfit

As this is our first day in the parks we will of course find ourselves at MK for our morning park. One of my must do’s for this trip is to see the opening show at MK. With this in mind, we will be up and at ‘um and do our best to catch the very first available bus to MK. (They start at 6:45 right?) MK has Morning EMH this day so I am hoping for at least a 7:30 am arrival. I am not sure how viable that is, but it’s our goal for now.

As far as our plans go, for the most part they haven’t changed much since we scheduled our FP+. The one change was that we could only find a FP for Enchanted Tales w/ Belle for the 10 am slot. And while this wasn’t horrible because we were already planning on being over there to meet Gaston and have our mid-morning snack at the tavern around this time it does push everything after the meet with Gaston back a bit cutting short our time in Storybook Circus. I had been hoping to get in both a ride on Barnstormer and Dumbo this morning but I think that Dumbo will have to be cut so that we aren’t pushing our Mine Train time too closely. If crowds are low and we end up a bit ahead of schedule we can try to fit it in. (I have done all my planning based off of High Crowds so we can be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be lower crowds.) If this doesn't happen we will have plenty of other opportunities for her another time.

This is the way the final plans have shaken out for the morning:

1. Meet Mickey in Town Square Theater: 8am – 8:15am

2. Ride Peter Pan’s Flight: 8:18am – 8:30am

3. Ride It’s a Small World: 8:32am – 8:53am

4. Meet Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto: 9:00am – 9:15am

5. Ride Journey of the Little Mermaid: 9:17am – 9:35am

6. Potty and Snack Break @ Gaston’s Tavern: 9:35am – 10:00am

7. Meet Gaston outside Gaston’s Tavern: 10:07am – 10:15am

8. Experience Enchanted Tales with Belle w/ FP+: 10:18am – 10:48am

9. Meet Daisy and Minnie at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 11:03am – 11:13am

10. Meet Donald and Goofy at Pete’s Silly Sideshow: 11:14am – 11:24am

11. Ride The Barnstormer: 11:24am – 11:39am

12. Ride 7D Mine Train w/ FP+: 11:45am – 12pm

13. Have lunch. Cosmic Ray’s is closest. Pinocchio Village Haus is nearby: 12pm-1pm

14. Tomorrowland Speedway w/ FP+: 1:05pm – 1:20pm

15. Ride WDW Rail Road full loop from Fantasyland

16. Leave Park for Afternoon Break

17. Stop at Concierge schedule 4th FP+ for Epcot

20150414_145032_zpscfugkgmx.jpg

Little Miss’s Back-up / evening outfit

After our break we will set out for Epcot with a goal of about a 6pm arrival. After a spin on sum of all thrills for DH and a spin on Figment for me and Little Miss we will mosey around the Flower and Garden booths snacking our way through dinner and if we are lucky, maybe catching a meet and greet with Snow White. The only other thing on the radar will be using any FP we are able to schedule and depending on wait times maybe a spin on Either Test Track or Mission Space (DH only). We want to be clear of the park before Illuminations so that we can get back to our resort and be rested for the next day which will be another early wake up.

Last edited:
Looks like a good plan! I hope the crowds are on the lighter end of the spectrum so that you can fit Dumbo in as well! I think it might work out for you.

It's looking like a good plan for that day. Love DD's outfits.

I did not know that Concierge could arrange your 4th FP for a second park. :confused3

Looks like a good plan! I hope the crowds are on the lighter end of the spectrum so that you can fit Dumbo in as well! I think it might work out for you.
We'll just have to see. I have made it a priority for the next night though.

It's looking like a good plan for that day. Love DD's outfits.
THanks. I am liking how it turned out to go meet Belle right after meeting Gaston.

I did not know that Concierge could arrange your 4th FP for a second park. :confused3
I've heard brief mentions of it here and there but haven't had it 100% confirmed, but apparently they can.

Your plans look great! We are also at the MK that morning and we'll probably spend most of it in Fantasyland as well, when Frontierland/Adventureland/Liberty Square aren't open it's a pretty good place to spend the hour. Hoping for light crowds! (The bows you made are adorable!)

Love the plans!! I love the afternoon break idea too...even when my kids don't need it...I usually do lol. I am so jealous you will get to try all the different foods at Epcot!! Can't wait to see what you pick!

This day looks great! I love the Snow White shirt!
Thanks!
Your plans look great! We are also at the MK that morning and we'll probably spend most of it in Fantasyland as well, when Frontierland/Adventureland/Liberty Square aren't open it's a pretty good place to spend the hour.
Awesome! We will have to keep an eye out for each other!

Hoping for light crowds!
I am too, but It will be easier and less stressful to plan for high crowds and adapt on the fly for low then the other way around.

(The bows you made are adorable!)
Thanks! :D I'm actually in the process of making more! (What was that about me being done? :rolleyes1:rotfl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter