Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Disney World Themed Birthday

10997523_10203748463576291_4252664397660481381_n_zps2oq98ftl.jpg

As I posted a few weeks back I recently celebrated my birthday by throwing a Disney World Themed Party. Unfortunately I don’t have many pictures from the party itself because we were all too focused on having fun but I did manage to get shots of what I served. I thought I would still do a post on it to give others ideas.

Disney20Party20Invite_zpsezpzkfx6.jpg

For the invitation I dug through my now quite large Disney clipart file of backgrounds I find here and there on the boards and Pinterest and found a good background image and put text over it. To save money on printing, once done with the invite I saved the file as a JPG and ordered prints from Costco as photos. I then got nice blank envelopes from hobby lobby and added a Disney sticker to it. Quick, Easy and Cheap.

For the drinks (which apparently no one got pictures of) I wanted drinks that could be flexible for the amount of alcohol added since not everyone could have alcohol. I ended up making Orange Bird Punch {Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice, Orange Sherbet blended with a splash of ginger ale added at the end}, and Snow White’s pick your poison Appletini’s {Sparkling apple cider, alcohol of choice}

The food cards were made with backgrounds done by the wonderful Pixiesprite here on the boards. For the food I tried to focus on attractions. So I decided to do an Epcot World Showcase of Flavors and a few other ride representations:

20150221_174536_zps76qcekrv.jpg

Tomorrowland-Space Asteroids

20150221_174555_zps43x1h4pk.jpg

Toy Story Mania- Smashed Mr. Potatohead

Mexico- Queso {Apparently not Pictured:confused3}

20150221_182032_zps4yqn9wfa.jpg

Norway- Jarlesburg

Italy- Fresh Mozzarella

China- Steamed Teriyaki Buns {Apparently not Pictured:confused3}

20150221_185128_zpsonvqyoqk.jpg

Germany- Gherkin Pickles (I was going to do pretzel bites with this but ran out of time to make them)

f0816770-c9a7-49e6-b335-a5e2c520e919_zps167a292b.jpg

America - Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Oddly this was one of the hardest countries to do for some reason. I ended up just picking something easy to make and something I enjoyed.)

20150221_182027_zpsvnhpdc2c.jpg

Japan- Mochi

20150221_182941_zpspmmy5uvd.jpg

Morocco- Hummus

e7c6ab11-3e15-433c-8011-88147302f5e6_zps7jz9bv6h.jpg

France- Croissants and French butter

e974ea2b-16f2-497a-a76e-8e7c094db794_zps53cc273d.jpg

U.K. - Banger Rolls

20150221_182953_zpslibxzao4.jpg

Canada- Maple Sugar Candies-- Word of warning to those that want to try these, while good they are also VERY SWEET and RICH. Little Miss was the only one to pop more than one in her mouth. (She used my distraction trying to get things on the table to sneak a few before the party started. And she was WIRED for half the night after! :rotfl:)

20150221_175124_zps1r5aajuh.jpg

Animal Kingdom Trees of Life and other Veggies

20150221_173705_zpsqnf7krkv.jpg

And of course because Cinderella’s castle is probably one of my favorite parts of Disney World I decided to get as close as I could without spending an arm and a leg for something custom. My local grocery store bakery was able to do this rather cheap.

Overall the party was a hit and I was able to pull off the theme without going too far into Kiddie territory. And while exhausted it made for a nice birthday indeed.

EDIT: How silly of me I forgot! Because this was a Disney World themed party and Everyone knows Walt LOVED trains We left out our christmas train and just decorated it with Little Misses figurines. This circled the front room that guests can put their stuff in to keep it away from Little Miss. It was quite the hit.

Next Post

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE your Disney themed birthday party. And what clever ideas for the food and drinks.

The grocery bakery store did an awesome job on your cake.

Wow! That cake is so cute! Great party. It looks like so much fun.
And congratulations on the fast passes! It is such a great feeling when you score what you needed/ wanted!

Wow! That cake is so cute!

Thanks! I got a few strange looks when I ordered it when they realized it was for an adult, but It was too cute not to do. ANd bonus, I can reuse the castle pieces for Little MIss at a later date.

And congratulations on the fast passes! It is such a great feeling when you score what you needed/ wanted!

THanks. I'm just glad to have that part of the planning done. Baring any drastic changes the itineraries should mostly be done.
The party looks awesome!!! party:

Thanks it was really fun.

Ooh looks like lots of fun!
I love your invitations and all your decorations were perfect! The food looked very good as well!

What a fun birthday!

I'm here, I have to go back and read, but I just wanted to check in and make sure I sub to your PTR before I forgot! (Sorry, "watch" your thread, haha! I have to get used to the new ways of the new, improved DIS still! :rotfl:)

Unfortunately I don’t have many pictures from the party itself because we were all too focused on having fun but I did manage to get shots of what I served. I thought I would still do a post on it to give others ideas.
Yeah... I get it. And those were some great ideas!

I like food. A lot. And I loved your themed dishes.

Little Miss was the only one to pop more than one in her mouth. (She used my distraction trying to get things on the table to sneak a few before the party started. And she was WIRED for half the night after! :rotfl:)
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I'm proud of her. Don't waste time going for the vegetables. When mom is distracted, go for the good stuff!!!!

And of course because Cinderella’s castle is probably one of my favorite parts of Disney World I decided to get as close as I could without spending an arm and a leg for something custom. My local grocery store bakery was able to do this rather cheap.
Cool! Looks like a nice party, even if it was a little extra work!

Yeah... I get it. And those were some great ideas!

I like food. A lot. And I loved your themed dishes.

I ended up having lots of fun with it. It does end up being quite a bit of food though.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I'm proud of her. Don't waste time going for the vegetables. When mom is distracted, go for the good stuff!!!!

Between those maple candies and the cake and ice cream and the general excitement of everyone at the house, it was past midnight before she calmed down enough for sleep. (Granted her usual bedtime is 9:30) She ended up grabbing 3-4 of them. It was hard to correct her.

Cool! Looks like a nice party, even if it was a little extra work!

It was certainly tedious going around to the specalty stores to pick up the needed items but it was worth it in the end. It was very fun.

That cake looks absolutely amazing!! And all that food looks fabulous! I just got extremely hungry lol

Family Movie Night- Toy Story 3

So with our trip coming up on us we need to get moving with our family movie nights. (Only 7 weeks left!!! :scared1::dancer:)Because I've been sick with this bad cold and asthma flare (Which I am finally shaking off!) we ended up not getting any pictures of this movie night.

For our meal we kept it really simple. We had Woody’s cowboy bbq with BBQ beans as a side and Buzz Lightyear’s asteroids {cream puffs still in the freezer from our last toy story night} for dessert.

We also spent some time coloring a few pages and talking about what we would see and do at WDW that was Toy Story related.

Family Movie Night- Finding Nemo

20150301_191402_zpswxzlugnl.jpg

So for this movie night we kept it really simple. For dinner we had Fish are food NOT friends Sticks and Nemo’s House {Mac and cheese with goldfish} with Octopus Ink {Chocolate Milk} to drink.

20150301_191018_zpsxcvyu1uz.jpg

We watched the movie after dinner and Little Miss seems to really like it. Her favorite part for sure is the seagulls. It still cracks her up when we imitate them.

Great movie nights. Little Miss is going to LOVE those seagulls outside of Nemo at Epcot. It's my husband's favorite part. MINE MINE MINE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter