• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Getting caught back up! I have come down with a nasty head cold/nasal drainage/cough that has me struggling to stay awake tonight.

I also was not hungry until I saw all your pictures! LOL!

We will have to compare schedules to see when our park days overlap and see if we can meet up.

Lynn

I have come down with a nasty head cold/nasal drainage/cough that has me struggling to stay awake tonight.
Yuck, I just shook off a cold like that. Jo Fun Feel better!

I also was not hungry until I saw all your pictures! LOL!
:rotfl:haha...sorry?
We will have to compare schedules to see when our park days overlap and see if we can meet up.
My plans are mostly laid out a few pages back, but I will post final plans in a fee weeks.

Mmmm snacks! I totally want to try that violet lemonade, and the pear cider, and the American Dream! Oh heck, I want it all! Good choices!

You are making me hungry.

giphy.gif

I know what you mean! :rotfl:

All caught up now! My favorite part of epcot (besides the kim possible adventure...now rethemed to agent P :( ) was the seagulls, so I'm sure little miss will adore them!

All that food looks amazing!!!

none of our days match up...but it sounds like a really well thought plan!

All caught up now!
:cheer2:
My favorite part of epcot (besides the kim possible adventure...now rethemed to agent P :( ) was the seagulls, so I'm sure little miss will adore them!
We are looking forward to seeing how she reacts to those as well. Should be fun.

All that food looks amazing!!!
popcorn:: I know I can't wait:hyper:

none of our days match up...
Well boo.

but it sounds like a really well thought plan!
Good to hear that my plans aren't crazy. :thumbsup2

:cheer2:

We are looking forward to seeing how she reacts to those as well. Should be fun.

popcorn:: I know I can't wait:hyper:

Well boo.

Good to hear that my plans aren't crazy. :thumbsup2
in the two times I've been to the world, I've never had a snack other than a churro. the past two times were on an extremely limited budget. this time, i can get pretty much whatever, so its nice to see someone else dedicating their planning to the snack options!

in another post, you were talking about the butterfly garden. You could show her a preview of what it would be like on youtube. I'm sure someone has filmed and uploaded it. i have been doing that for attractions I'm unsure of, because i am a wimp! And it is a very helpful way to decide what is and isn't right for me. i hope that helps!

I keep seeing all these pictures of F&G food from all of you who are planning trips... so jealous. It really looks great. Spring and fall are always busy times for me, so I don't know if/when I'll ever make it during a time that the food booths are out, but it just looks incredible.

So I see the butterfly garden going one of two ways, she will either be over the moon OR we will be viewed as the worst parents ever and she will be completely terrified. Either way there should be an entertainment factor for us. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Oh my... this TR may just write itself! :rotfl:

Dole Whip Float @ Aloha Isle – Sadly I’ve learned that with the switch of locations you can no longer get a pineapple/ orange swirl. :sad: I guess I will have to make do with the pineapple vanilla swirl.
Oh no! Well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I never even got a Dole Whip during our trip... :rolleyes: Not that I didn't want one... but I just didn't want to wait in line any time when we went by. I like them, but they just aren't something I have to have...

Mickey Bar- because what’s a Disney trip without at least one?
This, on the other hand, is something I have to have. :thumbsup2

I keep seeing all these pictures of F&G food from all of you who are planning trips... so jealous. It really looks great. Spring and fall are always busy times for me, so I don't know if/when I'll ever make it during a time that the food booths are out, but it just looks incredible.
When we first started looking at these dates it truly was about getting Little Miss as close to her Bday as possible while avoiding as much of the crowds and heat as was possible. When I realized that meant we would be there for F&G I was very happy.We'll see how the weather and crowds compare to October.

Oh my... this TR may just write itself! :rotfl:
It very well just might.

Oh no! Well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I never even got a Dole Whip during our trip... :rolleyes: Not that I didn't want one... but I just didn't want to wait in line any time when we went by. I like them, but they just aren't something I have to have...
Overall I'm happy with the switch because it gets the line for the Dole Whips away from the smoking section thats right by there.

Hi, just found your PTR and read the whole thing between yesterday and today. Your plans look great! And I love all your theme movie nights, so cool.

Also, I haven't seen pictures or descriptions of that popcorn in Epcot before!! Definitely something to check out! Thanks!

in another post, you were talking about the butterfly garden. You could show her a preview of what it would be like on youtube. I'm sure someone has filmed and uploaded it. i have been doing that for attractions I'm unsure of, because i am a wimp! And it is a very helpful way to decide what is and isn't right for me. i hope that helps!

While this does work to feel things out for most rides, things like this are some that you can't predict until she is in the room with the butterflies. It's okay though, I've got a few distraction methods prepared to calm her down should she freak.

Hi, just found your PTR and read the whole thing between yesterday and today.
:wave2:Hi there :welcome: Thanks for joining in!
Your plans look great!

:thanks:

And I love all your theme movie nights, so cool.

They are big fun thats for sure.

Also, I haven't seen pictures or descriptions of that popcorn in Epcot before!! Definitely something to check out! Thanks!
I think that one has flown under the radar for a lot of people. I actually forgot about it but then found it again while looking for something else.

YUM YUM YUM YUM and... YUM!!! Thanks for posting these... adding some/most of them to my list now! :rotfl:

So we are getting close and a few things happened recently that has made things seem that much closer.

First, we paid off the balance of our trip!!!party: Second we are now less then 45 days till we leave!!!!:earseek::hyper: We are now even close enough that Disney sent me an email reminder to finalize my magic bands because time is running out to customize them. :woohoo:

Also:

Pins!

So our fresh batch of pins arrived recently from an order on Ebay. :jumping1: We ended up with a good batch of them. Of course there are a good amount of them that We do want to keep. These are the pins that we ended up with:

20150316_162436_zpsc2nsjqdn.jpg

20150316_162459_zpsemittr2h.jpg

20150316_162523_zps82zib6n1.jpg

20150316_162557_zpsfjdcs5tf.jpg

20150316_162618_zpsgigkoonx.jpg

These last 2 groups are ones that we will be keeping for sure as we like them too much.

Whoo hoo for the trip payoff!!

Did you check to see if any of the discounts that came out yesterday can be applied to your trip? They saved me quite a bit of money (although we did change resorts).

I got that reminder about the magic bands too! Exciting stuff!!!

Pins...what can I say, one might call me a pin junkie...yes I like my pins. I have been collecting traders since my last trip. I literally have at least a third to a half Disney Store reusable tote bag full and I still don't think it is enough since I have to share with everyone on our trip. It might be enough for just me lol! Are there certain pins that you like to collect? I of course collect Figment pins (he's my favorite), but them I usually collect things that just strike my fancy...like the last time we were there it was the footprint mystery pins and the food mickey head pins.

Lynn

Congratulations on paying off the trip! Always a great accomplishment and it makes it feel like it is getting closer. Even though the bank account might not like it so much.

Nice choice on the pins to keep! And you should still have plenty to trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter