Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Little Miss is going to LOVE those seagulls outside of Nemo at Epcot.

That is exactly what DH and I said.

The movie nights sound great!! My youngest DS loves Nemo! His favorites are the turtles!

THey really are fun. I think the turtles are her second favorite.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Yep, literally laughed out loud at that one. Love it!!!!

Glad I can amuse someone else with that one. We very nearly served up sushi at my party and called it Nemo but felt we had enough food out as it was.

I think my kids and I were about to drive DW nuts doing this at DL every time we walked by the Nemo sub lagoon. :rotfl:

Its a good thing we all enjoy it. DH and I can crack her up for a long time going back and forth with that.

Okay, I have only this to comment with after reading about your birthday :worship: You did an amazing job! So creative!!!

Great movie night choices! :thumbsup2

7 weeks?!!?!? WOW! May really is getting close!!! :hyper:

Okay, I have only this to comment with after reading about your birthday :worship: You did an amazing job! So creative!!!
:thanks: When I first started planning it there were some skeptics that weren't sure I could pull it off without feeling to childish. And there was even an unexpected perk of it. Apparently everyone decided to go with the theme of the party and gave me Disney Gift cards! I think half our food budget is covered now. :hyper:

Great movie night choices! :thumbsup2

THank you. They've been on the list to get done for a while now.

7 weeks?!!?!? WOW! May really is getting close!!! :hyper:

Well really 7 weeks 5 days and 7 hours..... but I'm not counting or anything. :rolleyes1 But I know! I feel like I am going to blink and then it will be here!

I got WAY behind, but I am caught up now! Great job on your FP's!!! I agree with everyone else about holding everything until you get there. The possible conflict with the Plaza lunch makes that pretty clear.

Love the themed birthday party! Eating around the World Showcase was such a great idea.

Nemo night looked like fun. My 2yo loves the seagulls too.

I got WAY behind, but I am caught up now!

Yay! :cheer2:

Great job on your FP's!!! I agree with everyone else about holding everything until you get there. The possible conflict with the Plaza lunch makes that pretty clear.

:thanks: I agree. I am 98% decided that Little Miss just gets extra pixie dust for her trip. pixiedust:

ove the themed birthday party! Eating around the World Showcase was such a great idea.

:thanks: It turned out to be a real blast!

Nemo night looked like fun. My 2yo loves the seagulls too.

There is just something about those seagulls. Everyone either loves 'em or hates 'em.

Who doesn't love those seagulls, they crack me up too!
Cute food ideas. I both movie nights! And 7 weeks, that will be here before you know it!

Flower and Garden and other Epcot Snacks

So with Flower and Garden festival under way and all the details confirmed DH and I have been plotting and planning which of the booths we wanted to hit up. Our plan of action will be to get just one of anything that catches our eye and all three of us will share. With the number of days we plan on being in the world showcase, if we sample anything that we just LOVE we will have ample opportunity to go back for more.

One of the things I am most curious about this trip will be the butterfly garden. Little miss is at a stage where she is utterly TERRIFIED:scared1: of all things creepy crawly, however she loves (at least the concept of) butterfly’s. So I see the butterfly garden going one of two ways, she will either be over the moon OR we will be viewed as the worst parents ever and she will be completely terrified. Either way there should be an entertainment factor for us. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

As for the food booths, after scouring both Disney Food Blog and EasyWDW here are the things that I am interested in most. (Pics borrowed from EasyWDW)

From Pineapple Promenade:

ytedsf11.jpg

The Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney

bhgsd25.jpg

Violet Lemonade

From Urban Eats:

ytedsf19.jpg

Quinoa Veggie Naanwhich

crispin2.jpg

(For DH) Blackberry Pear Cider

From Fleur De Lys:
bhgsd52.jpg

Gnocchis Parisenne à la Provençal

bhgsd50.jpg

Confit de Canard- Having never had duck before, this will be an interesting one to taste.

ytedsf56.jpg

Macaron Guimauve à la Fraise – As soon as I saw pictures of this one I started drooling! I expect this is one we might be fighting bites over.

From Botanas Botanico
ytedsf71.jpg

La Tizana (For DH)

From Hanami

gdeq60.jpg

FRUSHI!! From the moment I realized I was actually going to be at WDW for Flower and Garden this has been on my radar. This is one I expect we will be getting more than one of.

ytedsf82.jpg

Teriyaki Curry Bun (For DH)

ytedsf80.jpg

Salmon Sushi (For DH)

From The Smokehouse

ytedsf101.jpg

The Pulled Pig Slider – This one has a lot to live up to with so many rave reviews year after year.

ytedsf89.jpg

Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños

From Florida Fresh

ytedsf115.jpg

Florida Blueberry and Lemon Curd Tart – This is another that is high on my radar.

xcswerf69.jpg

Watermelon Passion Fruit Slush

From Jardin de Fiestas

ytedsf137.jpg

Flan de queso con chocolate Abuelita – I am intrigued but unsure whether I will really Love it or not.

Other Epcot snacks I want:

am1.jpg

“The American Dream” from the Fife & Drum Tavern – This is one that I am really excited to try. I got very excited to try it when I first heard about it before our last trip only to learn that they don’t serve it during food and Wine (Or at least they didn’t that year) This time it’s very high on my must do list.

jfgaasds175.jpg

Flavored Popcorn from the cart between the Imagination pavilion and The Land

7e937040bf7b71a71c6a9fed4f62c301.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake from Sunshine Seasons (Pic borrowed from Pinterest)

boulangerie-patisserie-strawberry-tart-tarte-fraises.jpg

Strawberry Tart from Boulanerie Patisserie – This is one treat I refuse to share this time. DH and I split one last time and I have decided to bring at least one back to the room with me to hoard all to myself. This was a standout snack from our last trip.

Your selections look good. I'm afraid I won't eat a lot of what's at F&G (thankfully I'll be back for F&W), but I'm with you...that pork slider better be good after all the hype about it. I also want to try that Watermelon Slush.

I have been planning the same thing, adding all the F&G snacks to my snack book and my spreadsheet of snacks lol. I see several things that are musts on my list are also on your list! I am very excited to try Frushi!!

bhgsd25.jpg

Violet Lemonade

The hubby and DD are very excited to try the Violet Lemonade. The DH is also excited about the two beer flights offered! I am looking forward to the burnt end beef brisket thing! All these plans are making me SUPER excited (and a little hungry! :laughing:)

Your selections look good. I'm afraid I won't eat a lot of what's at F&G (thankfully I'll be back for F&W)

You know, DH and I ended up feeling that way about F&W when we went back in '13. I am much more excited for the F&G booths then I was about F&W.

but I'm with you...that pork slider better be good after all the hype about it.

::yes:: For sure!::yes::

I also want to try that Watermelon Slush.

It just looks so refreshing doesn't it?

I have been planning the same thing

:hyper: Fun Stuff!

adding all the F&G snacks to my snack book and my spreadsheet of snacks lol.

I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one with spreadsheet for snacks and food! :rotfl:

I see several things that are musts on my list are also on your list!

Great minds think alike! :thumbsup2

I am very excited to try Frushi!!

I hope its good after all this build up. :hyper:

The hubby and DD are very excited to try the Violet Lemonade.

I just hope this one doesn't stain and isn't TOO sweet.

The DH is also excited about the two beer flights offered!

:drinking1 Thats one thing I don't mind skiping. On top of the fact that due to medical issues I can't do alcohol, I'm just not a beer person. But DH is welcome to have at it.

I am looking forward to the burnt end beef brisket thing!

The pictures of that just make me drool! It sounds SOO good!

All these plans are making me SUPER excited (and a little hungry! :laughing:)

The things we planners suffer through! :rotfl: Only 7 more weeks to go! :hyper:

:drinking1 Thats one thing I don't mind skiping. On top of the fact that due to medical issues I can't do alcohol, I'm just not a beer person. But DH is welcome to have at it.

I don't usually do alcohol. I may taste the pear drink you have on your list, if the DH decides to get it. I have never been a big drinker, but I will take a small sip of something that is a little different than the regular drinks lol.

Omg you're making me hungry. I am so excited to try the food at F&G :hyper:. I have never seen the popcorn but now I must have it, just another thing to add to list of things I need to eat at Epcot.

I don't usually do alcohol. I may taste the pear drink you have on your list, if the DH decides to get it. I have never been a big drinker, but I will take a small sip of something that is a little different than the regular drinks lol.
You're sounding like me. I may have a sip or two of the drinks he gets but overall I just don't like the taste. Giving it up completely for medical reasons was no hardship.

Omg you're making me hungry. I am so excited to try the food at F&G :hyper:. I have never seen the popcorn but now I must have it, just another thing to add to list of things I need to eat at Epcot.

I'm excited as well! I believe the disney food blog and Easy WDW made mention of it back in the fall. I actually forgot about it but was poking around looking for a picture of something else and found it again.

Great choices! I'm drooling just looking at the pictures!!! :laughing:

:rotfl:I know! That strawberry Tart especially! Mmmmmmmmmm....

Snacks around the World

There are many snacks on my radar for this trip. Like in my post from Flower and Garden many of these pictures are borrowed from other sources. The bonus to writing up these posts is I am finding it is refreshing my memory on all the things I've wanted to take note of.

vhsadsad199.jpg

Presidential Sweet @ Sleepy Hollow

21231.JPG

Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich @ Sleepy Hollow

20131013_173654_zpsvgwxkupa.jpg

Dole Whip Float @ Aloha Isle – Sadly I’ve learned that with the switch of locations you can no longer get a pineapple/ orange swirl. :sad: I guess I will have to make do with the pineapple vanilla swirl.

20131012_135929_zpscwa7xbeu.jpg
Mickey Bar- because what’s a Disney trip without at least one?

CC-Cookie-Writers-Stop.jpg

Carrot Cake Cooke @ Hollywood Studios Writer’s shop and sweet spells(?)

Jalapeno-Cheese-Pretzel.jpg

Jalapeño Cream Cheese Pretzel @ ? (Where are the best places to find this one?)

3-18-19-DSSM-308.jpg

Cream Cheese Pretzel - @ The Lunching Pad

Cinnamon-Roll.jpg

Cinnamon Roll from Gaston’s

Mickey-MM-Bar-001.jpg

Build Your Own Rice Crispy Treats @Goofy’s Candy Kitchen DTD- We ate off of the ones we got last time for a week. They are SOOOO Good!

348s.jpg

(Photo from Google) Ghirardelli sundaes @ DTD – How could you resist such yumminess? We have yet to try it ourselves but we will be sure to at least split a sundae this time.

Seriously, I just ate lunch and I'm drooling and wanting one of many of those (no Dole Whips though :sick:).

I want to try that cream cheese pretzel for sure and Mark will want that cinnamon roll. You forgot a Disney staple--POPCORN!!! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

LOl I haven't had lunch yet and those food pics are making me drool! I'm so glad I'm gonna get to try the F and G kiosks this year! I remember having the Jalapeno pretzel from a kiosk in AK...can't remember which one though! They are really yummy though. The cream cheese pretzel has a sweet filling. They are both good but I guess it depends on what you're in the mood for!

Seriously, I just ate lunch and I'm drooling and wanting one of many of those
:rotfl: I wondered if it was cruel to post such a post right about lunch time. :rotfl2:
You forgot a Disney staple--POPCORN!!! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I want to try the flavored popcorn over in Epcot. Since I already mentioned it in the last post I thought it would be redundant to post it again. I always here people rave about the Disney popcorn is there anything particularly special about the regular disney popcorn that makes it a must do?

LOl I haven't had lunch yet and those food pics are making me drool!

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: Heh, sorry about that.

I'm so glad I'm gonna get to try the F and G kiosks this year!

THey seem fun. I'm glad I get to try them as well.

I remember having the Jalapeno pretzel from a kiosk in AK...can't remember which one though!

I'll have to look it up to make sure I don't over look it again like last trip.

The cream cheese pretzel has a sweet filling.

So I've heard. It sounds delicious! ::yes::

I want to try the flavored popcorn over in Epcot. Since I already mentioned it in the last post I thought it would be redundant to post it again. I always here people rave about the Disney popcorn is there anything particularly special about the regular disney popcorn that makes it a must do?

Simple explanation...it's DISNEY popcorn and it is made with pixie dust. Seriously, I just love it and find it much better than movie popcorn. But I don't eat flavored...only butter (and the more butter the better).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter