Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Park Plans- Park Day 4

This will be 5/11. Due to how late we will be out the night before we plan on skipping rope drop. This is our AK day and has been the other park causing challenges with FP+. I think though that I have finally come up with a plan that will work for our morning.

Here are the FP+ we are going to shoot for:

Kilimanjaro Safaris

(9:45am-10:45am)

Mickey & Minnie

(12:30pm-1:30pm)

Kali River Rapids

(1:45pm-2:45pm)

This is what the Schedule looks like:

1. Skip Rope Drop arrive at 10am

2. Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris with FP+ : 10:05am – 10:30am

3. Ride Train to Conservation Station: 10:35am – 10:40am

4. Explore Conservation Station & Potty Break: 10:40am — 11:20am

5. Ride Train back to Harambe: 11:20am – 11:30am

6. Watch Festival of the Lion King: 11:40am – 12:30pm

*(How worth it is it really to see this show?)*

7. Meet Mickey and Minnie w/ FP+: 12:45pm – 1pm

8. Have Lunch Yak and Yeti is nearby, Flame Tree is also close: 1pm-1:50pm

9. Ride Kali River Rapids w/FP+: 2pm – 2:20pm

10. Leave Park

11. Stop at Concierge schedule 4th FP+ for Epcot

After our trip to the Zoo recently I am starting to second guess the length of time I am allotting at Conservation Station. I know we won’t even bother with the petting zoo. It’s the train itself that is the main draw of going out there. The only other thing out there I would want to do is to see Rafiki. I am trying to decide if it just might be better to ride the train in a loop and just skip Conservation Station. I also am not sure I am attached to the idea of seeing the Lion King Show. I just am not sure how interested any of us will be and I would rather not have to play the keep the 2yr old quiet because we can't leave and she's now board and would rather be active and moving game. I am also torn about finding a way to get DH a ride or two on Everest. He says its not a must do for him but he says it in the same tone he used when assuring me he didn’t want to see the fireworks last trip and once we were there he quickly changed his mind and then was bummed when it didn’t work with our plans to see them much. We are purposely saving Kali for our last attraction before break. That way we can avoid being stuck in wet clothes for too long. Also I bet by the time we get to 2 pm we will welcome the relief of the cool water.

Our evening will consist of trying to catch a Meet and Greet or two over in Epcot and then end with our ADR at Rose and Crown where we will hopefully luck into patio seating to view the fireworks from our table.

It’s the train itself that is the main draw of going out there. The only other thing out there I would want to do is to see Rafiki. I am trying to decide if it just might be better to ride the train in a loop and just skip Conservation Station.
Ok... I'll give full disclosure that we're just not big fans of this area. I mean, the operating room is kind of cool if they're working on an animal, but aside from that, if you're not doing the petting zoo, I'm not sure it's worth getting off the train, walking up the path, waiting to meet Rafiki, then walking back and waiting for the next train so you can leave. It really isn't that big of a deal and shouldn't take too much time either way, but I think you just need to decide if you really want to see Rafiki or not. If the train is the biggest draw, I'd be tempted to just stay on it.

I also am not sure I am attached to the idea of seeing the Lion King Show. I just am not sure how interested any of us will be and I would rather not have to play the keep the 2yr old quiet because we can't leave and she's now board and would rather be active and moving game.
I think you know how I feel about this one already. :rotfl2:

I am also torn about finding a way to get DH a ride or two on Everest.
I don't think this should be too big of a deal. You could maybe give yourself a 15 or 20 minute cushion between lunch and Kali River Rapids if he just wants to hop in there and ride Single Rider at Everest.

Ok... I'll give full disclosure that we're just not big fans of this area. I mean, the operating room is kind of cool if they're working on an animal, but aside from that, if you're not doing the petting zoo, I'm not sure it's worth getting off the train, walking up the path, waiting to meet Rafiki, then walking back and waiting for the next train so you can leave. It really isn't that big of a deal and shouldn't take too much time either way, but I think you just need to decide if you really want to see Rafiki or not. If the train is the biggest draw, I'd be tempted to just stay on it.

I'm leaning more and more to just stay on the train.
I think you know how I feel about this one already. :rotfl2:

That I do.:rotfl: And I was already concerned about that very thing before I read about your experience. I'm thinking that we will just save this for another trip.

I don't think this should be too big of a deal. You could maybe give yourself a 15 or 20 minute cushion between lunch and Kali River Rapids if he just wants to hop in there and ride Single Rider at Everest.

I guess that I forgot that there is Single rider for this. That does make things doable. Especially if I am cutting out Lion King.

That I do.:rotfl: And I was already concerned about that very thing before I read about your experience. I'm thinking that we will just save this for another trip.

You know. It really surprised me that they weren't very into it though. It's colorful, there's constant motion, music and animal sounds. It really seems like it should be an easy one to get a toddler to sit through. Might work fine for you but it didn't for us.

Congrats on the lunch ADR.

Guess who just nailed a Be Our Guest "Lunch" Reservation?!?!

:rainbow::jumping1:party::dance3::dancer:

THIS GAL!!!:wave:

:jumping1:party::dancer::woohoo::banana::cheer2::cool1::dance3:

Awesome!!! :yay:

We are also doing Conservation Station for two reasons. The first is my boys love trains and will ride any they see. The second is my DD loves animals and petting zoos. I on the other hand, hate petting zoos. I am hoping to not spend too much time in that part.

You know. It really surprised me that they weren't very into it though. It's colorful, there's constant motion, music and animal sounds. It really seems like it should be an easy one to get a toddler to sit through. Might work fine for you but it didn't for us.

Yeah but she can get awful wiggly when board. I looked at the schedule this afternoon and when I cut it out of the schedule everything else just works better.

Congrats on the lunch ADR.

Its more of a morning snack ADR than a lunch because I was able to grab a 10:30am but it gets us in to enjoy the atmosphere.

Awesome!!! :yay:

If I'm not mistaken this is your first post if so :wave2: Hi there! :welcome: (If you've posted before :welcome: anyways! :rotfl:)

We are also doing Conservation Station for two reasons. The first is my boys love trains and will ride any they see. The second is my DD loves animals and petting zoos. I on the other hand, hate petting zoos. I am hoping to not spend too much time in that part.

The train is the big reason for riding back there.

Ok caught up. Loving the plans so far and can definitely see the similarities with our plans. For AK, I agree that I would not get off and just do the train. The walk over is a little long and probably not worth it just for Rafiki. The character locator app has him meeting from 9-10 am just past entrance. I know you weren't planning on arriving until 10 but maybe a little earlier if Rafiki is a priority. Also, I wanted to provide some feedback about Disney Junior FP+ we used it last time and arrived toward the end of the window. There were a lot of people in front of us and we got seate center of the room which is perfect for seeing the stage. Congrats on the BOG ADR! Did you see they released the full menu for outoor kitchen's Epcot is going to be a good place to be :thumbsup2.

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was great! I don't know what happened but I stopped getting alerts for your PTR :confused3 When you posted on mine I thought "gee, you haven't posted in ages... time to see what's up" and of course there was 2.5 pages of missed stuff! :sad2:
Anyway... your plans are looking great and YAY for your BoG reservation!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Ok caught up.

Yay!!! I think there maybe something up with alerts or something. I've noticed that I haven't gotten alerts for quite a few ptrs. (yours included) at first I thought it was just me but others seem to be not getting alerts either. :confused3

Loving the plans so far and can definitely see the similarities with our plans.

Great minds and all that...:thumbsup2:rotfl:

For AK, I agree that I would not get off and just do the train. The walk over is a little long and probably not worth it just for Rafiki. The character locator app has him meeting from 9-10 am just past entrance.

I am 98% that is what I have decided. Especially now that you are telling me that Rafiki meets at the front of the park in the morning. He isn't high on our list to see but if we find ourselves getting out the door earlier than we originally planned then he'll be a nice surprise.

Also, I wanted to provide some feedback about Disney Junior FP+ we used it last time and arrived toward the end of the window. There were a lot of people in front of us and we got seate center of the room which is perfect for seeing the stage.

YOur the second person to say such. I think I'm going to with Disney Junior for that FP+. It just works.

Congrats on the BOG ADR!

THank you. It will just be for a mid morning cupcake snack but I am glad I was able to nab it.

Did you see they released the full menu for outoor kitchen's Epcot is going to be a good place to be :thumbsup2.

I did but only after tweaking our AK day to remove the Lion King show and the stop at Conservation Station and then discovering a major chain reaction mistake on our last mk day that required me to rework THE WHOLE DAY!?!:faint: {At least I caught the mistake now instead of AFTER I got the FPs booked.} Needless to say my brain was a little fried to give the menus a thorough look over. I did see the candied strawberries and the frushi that caught my eye though.

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thank you!

I don't know what happened but I stopped getting alerts for your PTR :confused3

I think there maybe something up with alerts or something. I've noticed that I haven't gotten alerts for quite a few ptrs. (yours included) at first I thought it was just me but others seem to be not getting alerts either. :confused3

When you posted on mine I thought "gee, you haven't posted in ages... time to see what's up" and of course there was 2.5 pages of missed stuff! :sad2:

Same thing happened with yours and a few others to me!
Anyway... your plans are looking great and YAY for your BoG reservation!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Thank you! :hyper: I am so glad to have others to bounce these plans off of. DH is little help with things. :disrocks:

I have been reading along I promise! Just on my phone mostly and I hate commenting from there, but I have been around.
Your plans look really good! We have a night owl toddler too and I am a big fan of working with the timing that works best with your family.

Yay! For a BOG lunch ressie! I love snagging those hard to get ADRS! Your plans are really coming along!

I have been reading along I promise! Just on my phone mostly and I hate commenting from there, but I have been around.

:rotfl: It's alright, your all good. At least the new set up does make it easier to deal with that.

Your plans look really good! We have a night owl toddler too and I am a big fan of working with the timing that works best with your family.

Thanks. I'm hoping that the rope dropping doesn't backfire on us at all, but I don't think it will.

Yay! For a BOG lunch ressie! I love snagging those hard to get ADRS! Your plans are really coming along!

I didn't think we were going to get it. It was a nice surprise yesterday afternoon. Another surprise about it was how excited Little Miss was to know we were going to eat in there.

Congrats on your BOG ressie!! I am a little jealous. I was busy picking kids up from school when they finally opened everything yesterday afternoon. By the time I got home they were gone. :( Oh well.

Looks like you have a pretty good AK plan. Personally, I have done well with taking toddlers to see the Lion King show, but kids are so different that it really is unpredictable.

One note about the playground at DHS - the equipment gets HOT later in the day like most playgrounds. I prefer to go before lunch if at all.

Woo Hoo! congrats on the BOG reservation!

Congrats on the BOG reservation:jumping1:

Congrats on your BOG ressie!!

Thank you!

I am a little jealous. I was busy picking kids up from school when they finally opened everything yesterday afternoon. By the time I got home they were gone. :( Oh well.

Have you tried searching for a 10:30? Thats what I ended up with. Its going to be our morning snack. (The strawberry cupcake TOTALLY counts as fruit right? :rotfl:)

Looks like you have a pretty good AK plan. Personally, I have done well with taking toddlers to see the Lion King show, but kids are so different that it really is unpredictable.

I've tried to show her some videos from it a bit and she always looses interest really fast. I think we'll just save it for another trip. After I re worked the plan for the day with it cut out I kinda really like it now. We get out of there earlier which will be a good thing due to our lateish Rose and Crown ADR for the evening.

One note about the playground at DHS - the equipment gets HOT later in the day like most playgrounds. I prefer to go before lunch if at all.

Good to know!:thumbsup2 I may want to try to get a shot of her on the film canister slide if I think about it but other then that its not a high priority.

Stopping by from my PTR. Congrats on the BOG reservation! We loved the atmosphere there last time.

As for the Festival of the Lion King, I'm not sure if they have changed the show since I was last there, but there was a TON to see and so much going on at once. I actually preferred it to seeing The Lion King on Broadway in New York. No joke. They also had some pre-show entertainment that might keep LM occupied.

It was closed when I went in 2014, so I'm not sure if it was just for construction or because they changed the show. Hopefully someone that has been since the re-opening can weigh in on how much it might have changed.

Stopping by from my PTR.
:wave2: Hi there! :welcome: Thanks for joining in!

Congrats on the BOG reservation! We loved the atmosphere there last time.

THanks. Little Miss seems to be VERY excited to be able to eat cupcakes in a castle.

As for the Festival of the Lion King, I'm not sure if they have changed the show since I was last there, but there was a TON to see and so much going on at once. I actually preferred it to seeing The Lion King on Broadway in New York. No joke. They also had some pre-show entertainment that might keep LM occupied.

Maybe its more impressive in person rather than youtube videos. :confused3

Park Plans- Park Day 5

Due to a rest day the day before this day will be 5/13. This morning we will start our day with a pre park opening breakfast at Crystal Palace.

Our FP+ look like this:

- Buzz Lightyear

(11:30am-12:30pm)

- Mine Train or Winnie the Pooh

(12:30pm-1:30pm)

- Rapunzel & Cinderella/Anna & Elsa

(1:30pm— 2:30pm)

Our Schedule looks like this:

1. Meet Tiana and Naveen at ________: 9am – 9:40am (M&G starts at 9:30)

2. Meet Aladdin and Jasmine at Agrabah Bazaar: 9:45am – 10am

3. Ride Jungle Cruise: 10:05am – 10:30am

4. Ride Magic Carpets: 10:35am – 10:55am

5. 10:47am – 11:15am

6. Meet Chip and Dale across from Diamond Horseshoe: 11:20am – 11:35am

7. Potty/Snack Break (Lunching Pad– Cream Cheese Pretzel): 11:35am – 11:55am

8. Ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin with FastPass+: 11:55am – 12:15pm

9. Ride People Mover: 12:16pm – 12:28pm

10. Ride 7D Mine Train with FastPass+: 12:35pm – 12:50pm

11. Have Lunch Pinocchio Village Haus is closest.

Cosmic Ray’s is nearby. ADR at Be Our Guest if possible. : 12:55pm – 1:45pm

12. Meet Anna/ Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall with FP+: 1:30pm – 1:50pm

13. Leave for Afternoon break.

14. Stop at Concierge schedule 4th FP+ for Epcot

I have been slightly torn wasting precious rope drop time just waiting on a M&G but it will be nice to have that buffer of time to finish up at CP. Also I have realized that I keep repeating Rapunzel and Cinderella as the Alternate FP+ for Anna and Elsa. Other suggestions would be welcome.

Our evening plans will find us back at Epcot with no set plans. If we didn’t manage to score a nice view the other night for Illuminations we will probably stay for it tonight other than that the plans are easy and involve enjoying the Flower and Garden booths around the world showcase. If we feel inclined, we might try to score a last minute ADR around world showcase.

If we find ourselves too tired to strike back out we see what our ADR options are either at Boatwright’s or DTD and will plan on catching some of Yeahaa Bob’s show in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter