Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Park Plans- Park Day 2

Park Day 2 (5/8 for those keeping Track):

We start this day with a Pre Park Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine so that Little Miss can have a meet and greet with Doc, Sophia, and Jake. (We'll see how she reacts to Handy Mandy.) Also I am aware that our pre-park breakfast has the strong potential of delaying us to the point that the stand by TSM might not be doable. We will simply check the wait times app before we leave and then go from there. If we do end up skipping TSM on Standby I might consider going with DH down to TOT to get a rider swap for a bonus ride for him. I just hate doing all that extra walking though just to get a rider swap.

HS is turning out to be the hardest park to plan for. Between the fact that there aren’t many rides to begin with and that Little Miss falls short of riding most of them and the fact that I either can’t or don’t enjoy those same rides she’s too short for there isn’t an overwhelming amount to do here for me. Add in that DH’s favorite rides are in this park, (TOT and Star Tours) and I am going to be spending a good chunk of the day by myself with Little Miss. None of this is helped by the fact that most of the Touring plan options on Easywdw’s cheat sheets didn’t really work for us. There was certainly more guessing in putting the itinerary for this day.

The FP+ I’ll be shooting for on this day:

Toy Story Mania

(10am – 11am)

*Daddy* Star Tours

(11am – 12pm)

*Mommy and Ruby* Frozen Sing-a-long/ Disney Junior Show/ ?Better Suggestion?

(11am – 12pm)

Tower of Terror

(12pm – 1pm)

As you can see I am torn on which FP+ to go with for when Daddy goes to ride Star Wars. Little Miss would probably LOVE to ride with him but her doctor pretty much assured me that she’ll end up at 39”. I think I’ve narrowed down the options to either the sing a long or the Disney Junior show but if y’all have better suggestions then let me know. :confused: While Little Miss would be sure to enjoy the Sing A Long part of me cringes wasting that chunk of time basically watching an abbreviated version of the movie. That being said the FP+ for the Disney Junior show is reported to be a bad idea for various reasons. I’m open to suggestions. The only FP+ that I want to use for myself is the TSM. Because DH has so few Must Dos for this trip and one of his most important ones is ride TOT 3-6 times I am scheduling my 3rd FP+ as TOT and DH will use my other band to get a 2nd FP+ ride in. Giving him a total of 3 maybe 4 rides if I go down with him in the morning to get him a rider swap.

1. Ride Toy Story Mania: 9:05am-9:20am

2. Daddy Ride Tower of Terror/ Mommy and Ruby Meet Buzz and Woody: 9:25am-9:50am

3. Potty Break: 9:50am– 10am

4. See Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 10:20am – 10:40am (10:25am show)

5. Ride Toy Story Mania w/ FP+: 10:45am – 11:05am

6. Daddy Ride Star Tours w/ FP+ & Rider Swap/ Mommy and Ruby see Show w/ FP+: 11:15am – 12pm

7. Daddy Ride Tower of Terror w/ FP+ 2x/ Mommy and Ruby See MuppetVison: 12:05pm – 12:30pm

9. Have lunch: Studios Catering Co., Backlot Express, and ABC Commissary are nearby.

10. See Lights Motors Action: 1:10pm – 2pm (1:20 show)

11. Leave for Afternoon Break

12. Stop at Concierge schedule 4th FP+ for MK

Once again the plan is to spend a few hours in the room before striking out to be in our Evening park by 6pm. This night our evening park will be MK. No set plans except to get at least one ride on Peoplemover in.

What about a FP for Beauty & The Beast? Would DD enjoy the live show? I really can't think of anything else because of the way it is tiered at that park. The Studios is my least favorite park (although I'd ride TOT all day with your DH).

What about a FP for Beauty & The Beast?

I thought I read that Beauty and the Beast is a tier one? If I'm mistaken that might be a good option.

The Studios is my least favorite park (although I'd ride TOT all day with your DH).

You would be more then welcome! DH tried to convince me to let him take Little Miss with him if she reaches the 40" mark in time. :rotfl:

DHS is such a hard park to plan/visit with a toddler! It has some of the best coasters, which makes it a really difficult park to skip, but there's barely anything for the littles to do.

What have you heard about the Disney Jr live FPs? Oh gosh, now I'm worried, that's what I have booked for our DHS morning.
I've heard nothing but good things about the Sing Along show. However, I get what you're saying about it almost seeming like a waste. But it's in an air conditioned building, at least. In May, that's a perk!

There's always inside the Animation Building. That would only be good if your DD wanted to run around and explore for a bit. There's a Kid station in there and I think a few hands on activities, like spinning various wheels to mash up different characters.
Plus, there's a Sorcerer Mickey, a Baymax(?), and the Incredibles meet and greet, if you're desperate.

On a tangent here:

Remember that taste of spring I was telling you about last week or the week before? Remember the pictures of us running around the zoo in short sleeves enjoying the warmth? About that........

Frozen-wind.gif

Dear Northerners.... PLEASE take your weather back! This southern girl is not meant for snow, ice, and 17 degree weather with a wind chill below zero!

Frozen-Anna-cold.gif

That heat of Disney in May seems MIGHTY good right about now!!!:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

DHS is such a hard park to plan/visit with a toddler! It has some of the best coasters, which makes it a really difficult park to skip, but there's barely anything for the littles to do.

Pretty Much sums it up. DH's 2 most important must dos... Ride TOT at least 3-6 times, and Star Tours at least twice so skipping HS is out of the question.

What have you heard about the Disney Jr live FPs? Oh gosh, now I'm worried, that's what I have booked for our DHS morning.

According to the Fastpass thread by Mesaboy the FP+ people get forced to the very front of the room almost on top of the stage.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Sing Along show. However, I get what you're saying about it almost seeming like a waste. But it's in an air conditioned building, at least. In May, that's a perk!

That's true but isn't the disney junior show in the ac as well?

There's always inside the Animation Building. That would only be good if your DD wanted to run around and explore for a bit. There's a Kid station in there and I think a few hands on activities, like spinning various wheels to mash up different characters.

I didn't know about the kid stuff we might have to go over there and explore!

Plus, there's a Sorcerer Mickey, a Baymax(?), and the Incredibles meet and greet, if you're desperate.

Isn't Baymax leaving soon?

We start this day with a Pre Park Breakfast at Hollywood and Vine so that Little Miss can have a meet and greet with Doc, Sophia, and Jake. (We'll see how she reacts to Handy Mandy.)
I'm sure she'll love it. Our kids had no idea who Handy Manny was either, but I think the mood and atmosphere of being around the other Disney Jr. characters just carried over and they didn't care that they didn't know him.

Also I am aware that our pre-park breakfast has the strong potential of delaying us to the point that the stand by TSM might not be doable.
::yes::

While Little Miss would be sure to enjoy the Sing A Long part of me cringes wasting that chunk of time basically watching an abbreviated version of the movie. That being said the FP+ for the Disney Junior show is reported to be a bad idea for various reasons. I’m open to suggestions.
Ok... I enjoyed the Sing Along. In fact, we enjoyed it so much, that we saw it at DHS and then again when we were in Disneyland. You're right when you call it an abbreviated version of the movie, but the Historians and their interaction with each other and the movie's characters really make the show.

I'd almost recommend not doing this while Daddy is riding something else, so that he can watch this one with Little Miss. Because the only thing better than the show on the stage is watching the kids when Anna and Elsa are in front of them singing their favorite songs.

I'd lean towards FP+ for Disney Jr. for this time frame... We did it and had no problems seeing the show with FP+... but I'll elaborate more on this in a bit.

We did it and had no problems at all with it.

According to the Fastpass thread by Mesaboy the FP+ people get forced to the very front of the room almost on top of the stage.
We used FP+ to see Disney Jr. We got there during the last 5 minutes of our FP+ window and walked right into the show and sat about 2/3 way back in the center section. Perfect seats. My recommendation would be to go ahead and use the FP+, but just don't be sitting there waiting to get in right when the FP+ window opens. Let the early birds filter in and then enter the theater near the end of the window.

That's true but isn't the disney junior show in the ac as well?
::yes:: But you have to sit on the floor. So there's that.

Your park days look busy but definitely look good! We have the same issue with DHS because neither of us are interested in TOT or RNR, and I can't do Star Tours because it always ends up making me dizzy. But we love TSMM, Animation Academy, Muppets and the characters, so we still make the trek over a couple times. Your plan looks good, I'm another to suggest Animation with all the activities and touchscreen games there. If Baymax isn't there, likely there will be the characters from Inside Out (coming out in June?), or someone will be there that your DD might be interested in meeting! I've heard only good things about the Frozen show as well.

I believe there's also Mike and Sulley from Monster's Inc and Phineas and Ferb in their designated spots if your family is familiar with them- although Sulley is pretty huge and might be overwhelming to your DD!

(We'll be in the same herd to TSMM as you guys that morning- should be nuts! :rotfl:)

We used FP+ to see Disney Jr. We got there during the last 5 minutes of our FP+ window and walked right into the show and sat about 2/3 way back in the center section. Perfect seats. My recommendation would be to go ahead and use the FP+, but just don't be sitting there waiting to get in right when the FP+ window opens. Let the early birds filter in and then enter the theater near the end of the window.

This exactly what I was thinking of doing. Glad to hear that the idea works. This may be what we end up doing.

I'd almost recommend not doing this while Daddy is riding something else, so that he can watch this one with Little Miss. Because the only thing better than the show on the stage is watching the kids when Anna and Elsa are in front of them singing their favorite songs.

A very good point. This is also a big part of the resoning behind skipping the characters while he's riding other things.

(We'll be in the same herd to TSMM as you guys that morning- should be nuts! :rotfl:)

Or we'll be watching as you run by knowing that plan is doomed. :rotfl:

Last edited:
:wave2: Hi all! You should be seeing a few updates from me this week. My weekend was busy. On Saturday I celebrated my birthday with a Disney World Themed Birthday. party:It was really fun and as soon as I get around to shrinking the pictures on Photobucket I'll get around to doing a post on it. In the mean time here is the post that I already have done:

Park Plans- Park Day 3

Due to our rest day the day before this is actually Mother’s day (5/10). This day ends up being more scheduled than the others due to the fact that we are saving our FP+ for the evening. The only wrinkle I can see being a potential problem is the fact that we are set to go to the 8:30 showing of Hoop De Doo Revue the night before and plan on attempting Rope Drop this morning.

Due to the fact that Little Miss will more than likely miss the height requirements for Test Track and Soarin FP+ shouldn’t be too big of a deal hear. This should be a pretty laid back morning, which is exactly what I want for my mother’s day. Our morning looks like this:

1. Ride Soarin’ on Standby: 9am – 9:25am

2. Ride Living with the Land: 9:30am – 9:45am

3. Potty Break: 9:45am – 9:55am

3. Ride Nemo and Friends at The Seas: 10:05am – 10:15am

4. See Turtle Talk with Crush and Look Around the Seas: 10:20am – 10:45am

5. Ride Figment: 10:50am – 11:30am

6. Try drinks in Club Cool: 11:35am – 11:45am

7. Ride Mexican Boat ride: 11:55am – 12:05pm

8. Eat Lunch and Explore World Showcase: 12:05pm – 1:30pm

9. Leave for Afternoon Break.

If Little Miss doesn’t reach 40” before the trip then there won’t be as much pressure to rope drop and we can skip it and arrive in time to go right to Nemo at 10am. We will definitely be giving Little Miss some Beverly to try (And yes I plan to catch the whole thing on video:rotfl:)

Our Afternoon break will be even more important this day because we have a somewhat late night scheduled for MK Seeing as Little Miss can be quite the night owl I don't anticipate issues with this. And this is the night I have been most looking forward to since I booked the trip.

Again we plan on shooting to be in MK by 6pm. We will have both FP+ and an ADR scheduled for this night. They are as Follows:

Mine Train or Alternate (Alternate suggestions welcome)

(6:00pm-7:00pm)

Cinderella & Rapunzel (Alternate suggestions welcome)
or Anna & Elsa

(8:00pm-9:00pm)

Wishes

( Don't know the arrival window at this time. 10pm)

ADR: The Plaza @ 7:30pm

This is what the schedule looks like:

1.Ride Mine Train with FP+: 6:00pm– 6:20pm

2.Ride Peoplemover: 6:30pm-6:45pm

3.Ride____ : 6:50pm - 7:00pm

4.Eat Dinner @ The Plaza (ADR @ 7:30): 7:10pm - 8:30pm

5.Meet Anna and Elsa in Princess Fairytale Hall With FP+: 8:35pm – 8:55pm

6.Ride Prince Charming’s Carousel: 8:57pm– 9:07pm

7. Ride Tea Cups: 9:15pm-9:25pm

8. Potty Break: 9:25pm-9:30pm

9. See Wishes with FP+: 9:30pm-10:15pm

10. Ride _________: 10:20pm-10:40pm

11. Watch MSEP from ____: 10:45pm-11:30pm

Anything with a blank space is open to suggestion as I have no clue what to put there to fill the space. I just know that I need that chunk of time filled. If you see flaws or issues that needs to be changed at at then let me know.

Happy Birthday...a bit late. Glad you had a ncie one.

We Northeners get sick of our cold weather and like to share it (we are actually bitter cold again this entire week with the promise of warmer weather next week; I'm counting the days until Phoenix...30...to get into the 70's for awhile).

Your plans for Mother's Day sound great (I'll be flying home that day). I definitely say do the Mine Train that night...it's a totally different ride in the evening.

Happy Birthday...a bit late. Glad you had a ncie one.

Thank you!

We Northeners get sick of our cold weather and like to share it (we are actually bitter cold again this entire week with the promise of warmer weather next week; I'm counting the days until Phoenix...30...to get into the 70's for awhile).

We actually had a day last week where it was colder here than it was in Alaska! Enjoy those 70's! I'm just trying to remind myself that come July I'll be begging for these colder temps.

Your plans for Mother's Day sound great (I'll be flying home that day). I definitely say do the Mine Train that night...it's a totally different ride in the evening.

I want to ride Mine Train as many times as I can get in. I just am planing alternates in case its not available.

Your plans for DHS looks good. It seems as though it is a hard park to plan for with toddlers. There are not many rides for toddlers only shows and big Rollercoaster for adults, so it's hard to combine the two.

Looks like half a day ay epcot with a long break and MK around 6 pm will make for a good Mother's day.

Your Mother's Day plans look like such fun!

Since you asked for suggestions, here is what I would consider at MK:
7dmt
then make your way to the Plaza through Adventureland since you haven't gone there - do Aladdin, Tiki Room, or Swiss family Treehouse. You could even go down to Frontierland and see the Country bears - all very kid friendly and should have short lines at this time.

After Wishes, it is usually pretty easy to go into Tomorrowland. Ride the Peoplemover then before heading to your MSEP viewing location. We usually watch from the hub right at the spoke to Tomorrowland. Everyone has their own favorite spot. :)

Your plans for DHS looks good. It seems as though it is a hard park to plan for with toddlers. There are not many rides for toddlers only shows and big Rollercoaster for adults, so it's hard to combine the two.

It is indeed a hard park to plan for. Finding the right balance of that stuff there is challenging.

Looks like half a day ay epcot with a long break and MK around 6 pm will make for a good Mother's day.

I certainly think so!

Your Mother's Day plans look like such fun!

I'm excited for them! Even though it's scheduled it should be fairly low key and laid back, which is exactly what I want.

Since you asked for suggestions, here is what I would consider at MK:
7dmt
then make your way to the Plaza through Adventureland since you haven't gone there - do Aladdin, Tiki Room, or Swiss family Treehouse. You could even go down to Frontierland and see the Country bears - all very kid friendly and should have short lines at this time.

Hmm might be a idea.

After Wishes, it is usually pretty easy to go into Tomorrowland. Ride the Peoplemover then before heading to your MSEP viewing location. We usually watch from the hub right at the spoke to Tomorrowland. Everyone has their own favorite spot. :)

We don't have a favorite spot to watch it from. We skipped it last trip in favor of more rides because it was just us. I like the idea of watching it from around the hub near tomorrowland.

Your plans sound really good. I can't wait to hear how your fast passes go.
I started with our last day of the trip and got a time with them and then went back to the day I wanted the most. Couldn't get them. But looked at another day and there was time for them that day too so I grabbed it.

Your EPCOT plans look good. I don't think I can say too much about them, especially not know if the 40" rides will be a priority or not. Are you going to try to do them Rider Swap if she isn't tall enough?

We will definitely be giving Little Miss some Beverly to try (And yes I plan to catch the whole thing on video:rotfl:)
That is evil.

I approve! :thumbsup2 :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

3.Ride____ : 6:50pm - 7:00pm
If you're doing Peoplemover, I'd check out Buzz Lightyear while you're in the area.

10. Ride _________:
Jungle Cruise/Pirates/Tiki Room/Magic Carpets/Country Bears - whatever you feel like doing.

11. Watch MSEP from ____:
Frontierland

At least that's what I'd do. Minimize the extra walking a bit and you can typically find a great spot for the parade in Frontierland without getting there too early. Staying for a late parade like that you will probably be able to pick your spot along the rope.

Your plans sound really good. I can't wait to hear how your fast passes go.
I started with our last day of the trip and got a time with them and then went back to the day I wanted the most. Couldn't get them. But looked at another day and there was time for them that day too so I grabbed it.

THats why you'll see that every Anna & Elsa fp slot has an alternate option. I really am not sure what I'll do if I get all of the Anna and Elsa slots at the times I want them.

Your EPCOT plans look good. I don't think I can say too much about them, especially not know if the 40" rides will be a priority or not. Are you going to try to do them Rider Swap if she isn't tall enough?

I really am unsure about the rider swap. I kinda think we'll just pass. I really love soarin but its something I can miss. And from looking at Easy WDW's cheatsheets Test Track generally has some acceptable wait times in the evenings. Since we have plans to spend our evenings at Epcot a lot its really not a priority.

That is evil.

I approve! :thumbsup2 :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Meh, I would call it a Character Building right of passage.:rotfl: :rotfl2::lmao:

If you're doing Peoplemover, I'd check out Buzz Lightyear while you're in the area.

Thats a good idea. I think I have it narrowed down to either a round on Buzz or double up on Peoplemover.

Jungle Cruise/Pirates/Tiki Room/Magic Carpets/Country Bears - whatever you feel like doing.

Well with the announcement this afternoon of Pirates going on referb the next day I think the Pirates suggestion might be a strong one.

Frontierland

At least that's what I'd do. Minimize the extra walking a bit and you can typically find a great spot for the parade in Frontierland without getting there too early. Staying for a late parade like that you will probably be able to pick your spot along the rope.

Minimizing extra walking is always the best! Frontierland is a strong possibility.

Back to your Studios day...The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is super fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter