Taking kids to Reflections of China, Impressions de France, or Amer Adventure?

ontheuptick

Mouseketeer
My wife and I have 3 children, DD0, DD4, DS7.

Both our 7 and 4 year old generally enjoy anything TV/movie related and can sit relatively still (because they don't get to watch TV often at home, I think!).

I really want to see 1 or all of these attractions. Anyone else take kids around 4 or 7 to these shows? Were they bored the whole time? Could they enjoy some of it?

Also, they are all approximately 15-20 min, right? Do they run on a certain schedule? For instance, every 30 minutes the new show starts?

Well, DW and I took our then-toddler aged daughter to all three back in the day, and although she may not have understood all the concepts being shared in these attractions, she watched all of them, and I think perhaps even enjoyed them (to some extent).

After all, each one is a 15-20 minute show or movie about a topic the kids may not yet understand nor care about. But, IMO, you have to start somewhere!

If your kids can tolerate sitting through such an event, then take them, and enjoy the attractions! If not, save it for when they're teenagers... and don't want to do ANYTHING with you! :lmao:

At 9 and 7, my kids loved the American Adventure. They had learned some of the history in school, and thought it was pretty cool. Plus the show is filled with great animatronics, which are bound to catch a young one's eye, even if they're not sure about the subject matter.

I saw all as a child and enjoyed them - I will admit the American Adventure became nap time for part of it though!

Just so you're aware, there are no seats for the show in China. It is a Circle vision film and you stand.

China, France and Canada are great chances to see other places and each is only 20 minutes. But as noted, you must stand for China and Canada.

Set their expectations that they will see amazing places in faraway lands and maybe they will enjoy it!

My DD has loved the China film since she was 3. She loves seeing the screen all around her. We didn't make it to the France film until she was 7, and she loved that one too. We could have taken her before that age and I think she would have liked it, but we always got busy doing other things. One warning though, she has been asking to go to France on vacation since she saw the film. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter