taking food on flight

samual332

Earning My Ears
hello peoples!

we're flying next year in june, cant wait! im planning alot at the moment!! and one question i havent been able to answer is:
can you take food onto on the flight? :confused3
I know you cant take these thing through security, but if i wanted a sandwich or chewing gum, could i take it onto the flight?
thankyou,
sam :)

The rules on taking things through security could have relaxed by then but either way, yes you can take food on a flight but any uneaten food has to be binned before you land, the cabin crew will ask for it.

Yes you can, you can take on anything you buy in the airport or you can take food from home but drinks have to be within the regulations.
We have done both, taken a mini picnic or bought a BK and taken that if in a rush.
Only rules are at the other end, what you can take into the US. don't try take any leftover meat sarnies thru customs(not that you would want to but my Mum did:rotfl2:)

We usually stock up on crisps, mints, crackers etc at the supermarket and fill one hand luggage with bits and pieces. We buy drinks after security and take it all onto the flight - you can often get some good deals on soft drinks and bottled water in the post-security newsagent.

Just watch what you take off the other side at Florida. I once saw someone get in huge trouble with customs for having an orange. They asked us next had we any food. I must have looked quite panicked saying, "Yes we have some sweets!!" - he laughed and sent us through without checking.

Taking these bits saves on buying from the trolleys and supplements the inflight "meals".

For our return flight this year we got sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich at DTD, to eat on the plane instead of the vile airline food - I felt so smug unwrapping them in front of everyone at dinner time! - and had no problems getting them through security and on to the plane! :thumbsup2

For our return flight this year we got sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich at DTD, to eat on the plane instead of the vile airline food - I felt so smug unwrapping them in front of everyone at dinner time! - and had no problems getting them through security and on to the plane! :thumbsup2

Genius, absolute genius.... I will now be considering doing the same next year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter