Taking classes while on CP

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD's school will give her three internship credits while doing the CP, but she has to take one of the Disney classes as part of the internship requirement. To keep her loans from going into a grace period she needs to be enrolled part-time, so needs to take 6 credits total. SHe was going to do the internship with Disney class for 3 credits, then take an online course from her school for 3 credits. Do you think it'd be easier for her work scheduling if she took two online courses for the 6 credits instead of one online course and one Disney course?

Also... how do you find out what courses Disney is offering and how do you register for them?

DD's school will give her three internship credits while doing the CP, but she has to take one of the Disney classes as part of the internship requirement. To keep her loans from going into a grace period she needs to be enrolled part-time, so needs to take 6 credits total. SHe was going to do the internship with Disney class for 3 credits, then take an online course from her school for 3 credits. Do you think it'd be easier for her work scheduling if she took two online courses for the 6 credits instead of one online course and one Disney course?

Also... how do you find out what courses Disney is offering and how do you register for them?
The classes havent been posted yet for Fall 2013, but the registration site is linked on the onboarding cp site (linked in an email from disney after you chose your arrival dates). Also on the site are the classes that disney has and their descriptions (I dont know if they are all always offered or just certain ones each semester). As far as 2 online vs 1 online and 1 disney class I would go for the 1 and 1 option. Disney will schedule around their own classes but guaranteeing time for at least that one plus how many chances do you get to learn from disney and some of their best?

Im graduating in may and still plan on taking a disney class or 2 just to be able to learn from them :)

She will not be able to use a Disney class to meet her credit requirement. It is not recognized as being "enrolled." If her school accepts them they will need to be transferred after the program ends.

Also this time when I went online to schedule classes there was a section where you could ask for a specific day to block off like 3-4 hours to accommodate online classes. So that is an option. My advice is to be weary of classes that require you to log on at a specific time or require multiple posts throughout the week. For example I had to log on and post on Wednesday and then wait for others to post and respond to them. It is much easier if the class is sort of as you go and everything is due by the end of the week

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

She will not be able to use a Disney class to meet her credit requirement. It is not recognized as being "enrolled." If her school accepts them they will need to be transferred after the program ends.

That is not necessarily true as it depends on how the college handles it. My daughter's college had her take one of the Disney classes (her choice) and then weekly just send in a synopsis of what she did in the class. For that she got three credits from her college.

The other thing she did was do an independent study relating to her actual CP. It again was mostly a synopsis of her activities and answering questions along the way of what she was learning etc. She got three credits for that as well.

Liz

Actually, she will take INT196, which is an internship course UMaine has on its regular class schedule that is designed for kids doing the Disney CP. One of the requirements of this class is that she take one of the classes offered at Disney while she is there. She has to take a Disney class, pass it, keep all assignments, written work, etc from the Disney class, and successfully complete her work assignment (as documented by her work supervisor). If she does this, she'll get three credits from UMaine for successfully completing INT196.

I'll suggest she look into designing an independent study for the additional three credits. As she is an English major with a concentration in creative writing, this probably won't be difficult to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter