Taking classes as a DCP participant..?

LovelyLuna

Earning My Ears
My college requires that I take 12 credits a semester to remain a "full-time" student and maintain my scholarships, so that's about 4 classes. I know being a DCP means working a full-time job, so would you think that taking 4 classes (2 through Disney, 2 online through my university) would be too much? What would you recommend I do in this situation? Thanks everyone!

My daughters roommate started with 6 and dropped to 5 classes during her program, all through her school online. If your school accepts 2 of the Disney classes then it would be easily doable. Disney works your schedule around their classes automatically and they have very little homework, so the two online classes would be your biggest concern.

First, determine IF your University even accepts DCP classes as credit at all. My son's university (BGSU) does not. They award 3 credits for completing the DCP, regardless of whether he takes Disney classes or not. Most DCP CMs forgo the full-time student status during their DCP.

My friend did it and it was a lot of work, but she was able to do it and she still was able to have a great time on her program. She took two Disney classes and two online classes through her school-she also recieved Internship credit, as her major required a summer internship for graduation. She really buckles down and got herself on a schedule and practiced good time management to get everything done. She did mention have a couple issues with being scheduled around her classes-which were not easily resolved, but she was able to find someone to cover for her. She did let her work supervisor know and it wasn't an issue after that, though.

So yeah, it's a lot of work, but doable. But first, make sure your University will accept the credits from the Disney classes, and that they will go towards the requirements for graduating within your major.

Yes, definitely make sure your university is going to accept the Disney credits.

I personally was in the same position in 2013 and had to take 4 online classes from my uni and also took Disney Heritage for fun. he classes I took in 2013, only 1 counted toward my major I was just taking the others to fulfill my scholarship requirements and that's lame. It is extremely hard work but I did get all As and finished my program. You can enroll in long distance education that will give you a certain time during the week to do homework where you're not scheduled. I'd always get up quite early during the week to do my homework. If you have enough money saved up you can also give away a shift a week and go down to 30-32 hours to have some more time to do your work if you can afford it. That being said if there is anyway to save your scholarships without taking classes definitely do it, I'm going on my second program next week with zero classes and I'm looking forward to that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts