Taking Balconies off...

nottellin'

Mouseketeer
I just talked to a CM about the DLH renovations, she said she thought that right now, they were just in the process of taking off the balconies at the DLH. And she wasn't sure what was happening on the inside yet. Did anyone else know this? I will miss the balconies...I know they were just little ledges but we really enjoyes stepping out on them first thing in the morning.

In the pictures that places have posted, showing them practicing the outside renovation, I've noticed the balconies being gone. I like it. Those balconies scare me.

Though I just thought of the concierge lounge...watching the fireworks from there requires the opening of the windows so there's no glare, but if there's no balcony, how will they do that????

Then again, I had to keep calming myself down as parents let their little kidlets stand on that tiny ledge...I just kept imagining the what ifs....

There's been quite a bit of talk about this, the pros and cons of the whole thing. I know I will really miss them.... just being able to have those big doors open to let in the breeze, the sounds of both the park, and at night those amazing little frogs in the "jungle"...I loved going to sleep listening to them....
here's a pic hubby took of me standing there at night...so beautiful! (the view not me!! :lmao: my caboose looks particularly large in this shot!! :rotfl2: )

DSCF2349.jpg

I'll go searching right now for a few links for you to see what they are doing, and read about it.... by the way.... the inside of the rooms almost makes up for it....

Here we go, some pics of the new rooms.... If I were you, I'd ask beg plead to stay in one of these...The headboard has fiberoptic lights that light up the fireworks...

dlhrennovation01_original.jpg

dlhrennovation02_original.jpg

dlhrennovation03_original.jpg

dlhrennovation04_original.jpg

When will the renovations be done?

Dreams tower is supposed to be done by June 2010...don't know if they are going to let people stay in the new rooms before that...I can't see why not. the whole resort which includes major work on the pool area, and I've read...another tower!! is supposed to go on until 2012.

Here are a couple of pictures I took during Oct that show the outside renovations and balconies being removed. I hadn't seen the inside before - very nice!!!! :thumbsup2

p1019284774-4.jpg

p788457811-4.jpg

I just talked to a CM about the DLH renovations, she said she thought that right now, they were just in the process of taking off the balconies at the DLH. And she wasn't sure what was happening on the inside yet. Did anyone else know this? I will miss the balconies...I know they were just little ledges but we really enjoyes stepping out on them first thing in the morning.

about a year ago, a stressed out business man booked a room from the top floor and jumped. I think because of the safety of guest, its better to get rid of teh balconies.

I think because of the safety of guest, its better to get rid of teh balconies.

pretty soon they can wrap us all in cotton wool, and put 3d glasses on us and we can just go on "virtual" vacations....
Utterly rediculous.....

about a year ago, a stressed out business man booked a room from the top floor and jumped. I think because of the safety of guest, its better to get rid of teh balconies.

I remember this! I went the day after this happened!

I agree it's much safer without the balconies too.

Here we go, some pics of the new rooms.... If I were you, I'd ask beg plead to stay in one of these...The headboard has fiberoptic lights that light up the fireworks...

dlhrennovation01_original.jpg

dlhrennovation02_original.jpg

dlhrennovation03_original.jpg

dlhrennovation04_original.jpg

Grand Cali in 3 days for us so just strolling through the threads - getting more excited.

Anyway....WOW, the new rooms look so much more classy. That is such a great improvement.

It sure is a big improvement isn't it?! although the old rooms were very nice, in their hayday...is that even a word?? :lmao:

Well, I will miss the balconies. I love being able to let the air in and stand there and look out at the goings on. It was also great to take naps with the sounds of the waterfalls below. I am sad to see them go.

At least the Mickey hand wall sconces are still in the loos. :-D

The first phase of rooms will be done this week, and according to a CM at the travel center will be ready to stay in right away.

I wonder if the replaced windows at the DLH will open at all. It sure is nice to be able to get a little fresh air!

I wonder if the replaced windows at the DLH will open at all. It sure is nice to be able to get a little fresh air!

no not at all!! I agree it was nice...and I agree it will not be as nice being all "sealed in" like that.... :sad2:

The first phase of rooms will be done this week, and according to a CM at the travel center will be ready to stay in right away.

I hope someone here stays in one right away and comes back with a full report and pics!! can you imagine how nice it would be to be the very first people to be staying in a new room? that would be so cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter