Taking an 11 month old to WDW. Tips?

Safari23

Mouseketeer
So we're going to Disney next month with our 11 month old daughter. We'll be staying at AKL. We're going for 4 nights and spending 3 days in the parks (MK, Epcot and AK). Any tips or suggestions?

We took DD for her first trip when she was 9 months. If you aren't bringing your own stroller, I would suggest renting one from Orlando Stroller Rentals or some other company that rents City Minis. My DD was able to nap in that stroller quite well and she doesn't normally nap in a stroller at home. I wouldn't rent a stroller at the parks. They are expensive and don't work well for very little ones.

Take advantage of the baby care centers for changing your little one if you happen to be nearby and need a diaper change. They are pretty awesome and have lots of changing tables unlike the bathrooms that generally have just one. Some have bathrooms for the adults too.

Some of DD's favorite attractions at that age were: Small World, The Mexico Boat Ride, Country Bears, Dumbo, and Peter Pan. She also liked the parades. She did not like the fireworks or characters. Both really scared her.

Just take it slow. Kids that age take everything in and love to observe. I enjoyed just watching DD react to everything in the parks.

You will have such a wonderful time!

As the previous person mentioned, definitely make good use of the baby care centers. Each park has one. Our DD is 2.5 and we still make good use of them!

Your little one will LOVE the parks you have chosen, as they are our DD's favorites. Of course HS is my DH and my favorite park, but there isn't a ton that our DD likes there. So we do that park for a little while but focus on the other three!

Have a BLAST!

I am all for those baby centers too!! They are fantastic!

We brought our DD when she was 14 months and she just loved checking everything out. Her favorite was definitely the parades, anything with singing and dancing and my DD is mesmerized!! She also enjoyed the Small World ride and the carousel in Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom is the way to go.. it has a lot for the little ones. Epcot has the Nemo ride, and we all love that one, you can go into the aquarium afterwards and watch all the different fish and sealife. Chef Mickey's was a favorite too, my DD really got a thrill seeing the characters up close.

I couldn't wait to take her to see Fantasmic, I thought she was going to be in love with the show! I was wrong.. she was bored within minutes!

Honestly, the best time she had all vacation was at the pool area at our resort. We stayed at AKL too and they have an awesome kiddie pool area!

No matter what you do.. your little one will be happy! Have fun!

We leave at the end of the month with our 11 month old too!! Thanks for advice about baby care centers!!! We have a 4 yr old and the baby too!! We have a sit and stand stroller but I may bring the umbrella one too in case my older son wants to fall asleep! I also read that those portable squeeze pouch baby foods are great for on the go snacking at parks!!!

We've taken an 11 month old. (And twice took kids younger than that). Get a sling or some other type of baby carrier. As babies, my kids were in the carrier instead of the stroller. But one trip with a baby had a baby who would only nap in the stroller, so I would take one as well. Plus, it's a great place to put your stuff! Make sure it's a stroller that will recline in case baby gets picky about sleeping. I used the sling as a sheet over the opening to block out the sights better during naps.

I did not use the baby care stations much at all. They were not conviently located. However, I did have to seek them out during the trip when my middle child was about 8 months since she was too distractable to nurse in public sometimes. With the other two baby trips, it was really easy to nurse wherever, whenever. The regular restrooms have changing tables. (However, due to a very active first child, I changed my babies pee diapers standing up as soon as they could stand. That makes changing tables only needed for the poop diapers).

*We always had a 3 year old in the mix when we had a baby. (And had a third child as well on our trip with an 11 month old). We did a single stroller for the three year old of the moment and a sling for the baby. (With the 3 year old walking during short time that baby was napping in the stroller during that one trip). It really wasn't hard to carry baby in the sling all day. My youngest was 24 lbs by 11 months and I was barely 100 lbs, and it still wasn't hard. Just make sure you're used to the carrier before you go. (Technically, your husband can help too but due to having more than one child, I always ended up carrying baby).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter