• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking a baby in December?

mandy99

Mouseketeer
Hi all
We are going to DLRP nov 29th to dec 2nd. DH has become really concerned about taking our 4.5 month old with us as it's bound to be extremely cold. So he's thinking of staying at home with DS2 while i go by myself with DS1.

I'm just wondering has anyone else taken a baby at this time of year? Did you manage okay? I know loads of you have taken babies with you but any at a particularly cold time of the year?

thanks

I haven't taken a baby, but I would think they would be the best off out of all of you. Snuggled up warm in a pushchair or carrier, wearing an all-in-one with as many blankets over as necessary. He'll be like toast!

You get some really cosy all in ones and that will keep them warm. Just make sure you use layers that you can strip down when inside a show etc.

You will all be fine :thumbsup2

Yep - we took my god daughter at 8 weeks old in minus 5 temps - we froze our butts off whilst she was warm as toast. Usual advice - plenty of layers, snuggle suit and fleece blankets and DS2 will sleep through it all completely unaware.

We also took an older baby in January. We were cold but she was warm in a snowsuit and hat, covered with a cosytoes and with the raincover over her when it was a bit windy. It would be a shame for your DH to miss out on seeing DS1's reactions/experience. Our experience was fine - the baby slept, got loads of fresh air and is in the photos with Mickey and the gang!

i agree i think the baby would be fine. i mean it gets cold at home just wrap him up extra warm and he will be fine

I must admit it's one of the things that put me off going over Christmas this year (think we'll save it for next year when DD2 will be around 19 months). But, if you are going to take him consider a polartec fleece all in one suit (like a snowsuit but less bulky) for your DS. I've just ordered one after hearing great things about them - not bulky as I said, keep the heat in but also a little cooler when indoors like shops etc where it's not practical to strip him off....

Have a great time :)

HTH

It may not even actually be that cold while you are there. When we went for Christmas a few years ago it was really mild (double figures) when we got there and the thermals, gloves and scarves stayed in our hotel room for a couple of days. We wore Disney hats only because we wanted to, they weren't needed. Then the temperature dropped to -8C and it was a different story entirely :rotfl: but just goes to show it's not always freezing cold there plus you're going a month earlier than we did.

We took Anya (DD2) when she was 3m old. We went mid-Dec and it was cold. We bought all on one fleecy suit from GAP, put a vest, top and a cardi under the suit and carried her in the sling. She was nice and warm.
We're going back in Dec again, she's 2 now and I've just bought a nice pair of ski trousers from John Lewis. Very soft and fleecy inside and waterproof. She'll be warm!
Would be such a shame for your GH to miss all the excitement and pixiedust:

Take a water boiler (stuff it with socks so it takes minimum space) and a hot water bottle and your baby will be as cosy as you wish. :thumbsup2

Baby will be fine wrapped up well, use the raincover for extra protection if its raining or not. Remember to put a hat on the baby and always always remember to take the hat of and loosen all layers when you enter indoors even if you are just walking through a shop quickly.
The disney store in the village can become very warm during the winter so bear this in mind.

All go together and have fun.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter