Taking a 3 month old to WDW!! :O Am I crazy?!?!

Anything without a height requirement, which is most of them. Pretty much the only things they can't ride are thrill rides.

Yep, this :) The only thing you may want to watch for is how your baby handles darkness (dark rides/shows). At 3 months, this may not be as much of an issue, but just wanted to put it out there.

At 8 months, DD was not a fan of Pirates or of dark shows like Turtle Talk w/Crush and Muppets. I had to leave TTwC, and DH went to leave Muppets when a CM allowed him to walk back and forth with her in the last row of the theatre (which kept her quiet). No one was back there, so he wasn't bothering anyone. Had he not been allowed to walk with her like that, though, he would have had to leave. We didn't even attempt HM (one of my favorite rides :() after she didn't like Pirates.

*To clarify - she was not screaming in any of the instances, so we were not bothering any other guests.

Anything without a height requirement, which is most of them. Pretty much the only things they can't ride are thrill rides.

Awesome!! I was hoping I would be able to bring him on pretty much everything. Thanks! :cool1:

Yep, this :) The only thing you may want to watch for is how your baby handles darkness (dark rides/shows). At 3 months, this may not be as much of an issue, but just wanted to put it out there.

At 8 months, DD was not a fan of Pirates or of dark shows like Turtle Talk w/Crush and Muppets. I had to leave TTwC, and DH went to leave Muppets when a CM allowed him to walk back and forth with her in the last row of the theatre (which kept her quiet). No one was back there, so he wasn't bothering anyone. Had he not been allowed to walk with her like that, though, he would have had to leave. We didn't even attempt HM (one of my favorite rides :() after she didn't like Pirates.

*To clarify - she was not screaming in any of the instances, so we were not bothering any other guests.

Do you think a 3 month old will even notice the dark rides? I'm really hoping to ride Pirates, the 3-D shows and stuff like that with our whole family... :confused3

CowgirlUp89 said:
Awesome!! I was hoping I would be able to bring him on pretty much everything. Thanks! :cool1:

Do you think a 3 month old will even notice the dark rides? I'm really hoping to ride Pirates, the 3-D shows and stuff like that with our whole family... :confused3

I think at 3 months your kid will be pretty much oblivious to anything dark versus light, that type of fear is learned later once they gain an imagination.

I am currently 7 1/2 months pregnant with my first child. And I absolutely LOVE Disney. :love: I've been at least 8 times and I even managed to convince my then fiancé to take a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon and it was amazing!!!

Most of our family on both sides are planning a trip to Disney the first week of December with free dining. :cloud9: But my future lil Disney Baby won't be quite 3 months old, and I'm planning on breastfeeding.

Am I completely crazy? :eek: Or is it possible to have an awesome trip even with an infant?? And advice or tips are more then WELCOME!!! :woohoo:

I wouldn't say you were crazy, only you know that! ;)

I'd just say for us, no way would we take a tiny infant in those very crowded, germy conditions. We have seen lots of babies there, but it wouldn't be for us. :goodvibes

CowgirlUp89 said:
I am currently 7 1/2 months pregnant with my first child. And I absolutely LOVE Disney. :love: I've been at least 8 times and I even managed to convince my then fiancé to take a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon and it was amazing!!!

Most of our family on both sides are planning a trip to Disney the first week of December with free dining. :cloud9: But my future lil Disney Baby won't be quite 3 months old, and I'm planning on breastfeeding.

Am I completely crazy? :eek: Or is it possible to have an awesome trip even with an infant?? And advice or tips are more then WELCOME!!! :woohoo:

My youngest went when he was 8 weeks old. Easist trip ever. I breastfed. I carried him in a front pack on rides. Nursed on pirates and small world. He slept in the stroller too. We went in January. Oh and he is kid number 4. I have the best pictures of him with donald and mickey. Have fun.

Our almost 4 month old did not like when it was pitch black. She would start whimpering. Anything with a little light was fine, but the parts that were pitch black she hated. I was surprised because everything I had read said it's not an issue for young babies.

And our daughter got sick within 3 days of being at daycare, but didn't catch a thing at Disney, even after chewing on Mickey's nose.

The youngest we have taken was 8 weeks. So easy. She wanted to eat and sleep. Super content baby, you never know what you will get though. I nursed all over nbd, but she was my third and a good nurser. Never know how you will be doing in that department either. My first was a lazy latcher and I battled mastitis until we gave up at 5 months. My girls have done much better and we nursed until almost 2 years with ease.

With as much help as you will have and the expectations you have, I would not miss it! I would be sad at home if I knew I could be at Disney!!!

When we went in 2010, my son was 5wks old. He slept through most of IASW. He slept on POTC (it's his favorite ride now), Carousel of Progress (nursed there too), Snow White, Haunted Mansion, and during PhilharMagic. He slept (and ate) a lot actually, but was alert and seemed interested on the Winnie the Pooh ride. We did not do Peter Pan that trip.

It was fine. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't say you were crazy, only you know that! ;)

I'd just say for us, no way would we take a tiny infant in those very crowded, germy conditions. We have seen lots of babies there, but it wouldn't be for us. :goodvibes

This is my opinion as well. And trust me, I am not a germaphobe. I do daycare for a living and we take regular precautions but we're going to get sick from time to time and that's fine. We have healthy immune systems and we can take it.
However in 9 Disney trips there has not been ONE time that we haven't come home with someone sick. My neighbours go yearly, and they always come home with someone sick as well. It is practically unavoidable with all the new germs you come in to contact with on vacation. A 3 month old will have somewhat compromised immunity, though probably better if you are breastfeeding. I would hate to see your baby get something serious that would be minor to an older child or adult.
I do see babies in the parks and shudder. Only because I've had my 5 year old hospitalized in Orlando for illness (mind you it was his appendix and not something communicable) and we've been to the walk in clinic on 3 trips. Let me tell you the waiting room is always PACKED with screaming children with ear infections and respiratory illness. The clinic doc said it is over 90% of their business..sick kids on vacation. That would make me wait until my child was a year or so.
Again, I wouldn't judge you or your parenting, and it's your decision. I just know I couldn't. There is nothing about the trip itself that would concern me.. just the potential illness.

My daughter would have been fine and easy peesy at 3 months.

My son (my first) ..... no way. He had colic. He screamed like you were ripping his arms off from 5-10PM every single night from 3-11 weeks and then from 7-10 from 11-14 weeks. He fussed all day long and hardly napped (he did sleep through with no intervention at like 11 weeks though, which I swear was exhaustion from hours of non stop screaming). There was absolutely nothing we could do to make him stop crying. You name it, we tried it. It was a crazy hell that only a parent of a truly colicky baby understands. I read once that if someone says, "Oh yeah, my baby was a little colicky", they have no idea what they are talking about- so true! I often wonder if we would have been kicked out of a hotel if we had braved one during that period. He also refused to latch and I pumped exclusively for him for 3.5 months until I just couldn't do it anymore. I'd be pumping while trying to bounce him in the bouncer while he screamed.

So, not to scare you, less than 10% of babies are colicky, but after our experience with him, I always tell people to go ahead and book it, but make sure it is refundable until after you get to know your baby!

The bright side, after his first 6 months which were really, really, hard, he is really an easygoing and mellow kid now at almost 3. Everyone is shocked to hear how hard he was as a newborn.

Both kids went when they were 8/9 months old and we thought this was perfect. They were super interactive, but not super mobile. They had a nap and sleep schedule and were really adaptable. They loved being in the Ergo and would nap in it. We took my son at 13 months and that was a tough trip- fun since we are Disney nuts, but much harder than with a crawler!

We took our DS when he was 2 months old in December and it was FANTASTIC! I think it's going to be way harder when we go this time around in October when he'll be 1.

I breastfed/pumped, so i'd pump at the hotel in the morning and at night, and breastfed in the parks. Very easy to do.

Honestly, I needed that trip. As selfish as it sounds, pregnancy was not easy, and it was giving me something to look forward to (besides having him of course:lmao:) but it was good for the soul, I think.

We are going in October and our little one will have just turned 1 month old at that time. I plan to nurse him in the parks and carry him in a moby. We have two older children 4.5 and 2.5 and as much as I am hesitate about going to disney with them I know we will have a wonderful time. I'm glad to see that it was easy! We had originally planned to go in May of this year but I wanted to wait until I wasn't pregnant to take the girls and I needed to save my time for maternity leave.

I feel like you, I need this trip too! My mom will be there to help and maybe some other family. I am just hoping he loves being carried in the moby as much as his sisters did.

We took our son when he was just 3 months old. We had a greet time. Our daughter was just 2 years at the time.since the we have taken our daughter 5 times and our son 4 times they are only 4 and 2.every trip has been great. Only tip would be have a nice stroller so they can sleep and don't rush. Have fun

I know I wouldn't have been able to.

Neither of our kids were sleeping through the night at 3 months old and there's no way I'd want to be at Disney dealing with cranky, crying middle of the night babies.
And a really cranky tired me. I'm a bear when I don't have enough sleep.

Just something else to keep in mind.......

I know I wouldn't have been able to.

Neither of our kids were sleeping through the night at 3 months old and there's no way I'd want to be at Disney dealing with cranky, crying middle of the night babies.
And a really cranky tired me. I'm a bear when I don't have enough sleep.

Just something else to keep in mind.......

This is definitely something to keep in mind - you will likely need to adjust YOUR touring style to accommodate YOUR sleep (more than the baby actually since they can nap anywhere!)...

And it's a hard one to gauge how long to wait to go on a trip if this is a concern....my almost 7 year old RARELY sleeps thru the night even now! I travel for work to get a full night sleep!!! (This was especially fun when his younger sister was a newborn and also waking up!)

Nope, my youngest is 2 and next week will be her third trip. She was only about 8 weeks old her first trip to the World.

She slept most of the time :) I carried her on the rides and at the shows and breastfed her during :)

Our almost 4 month old did not like when it was pitch black. She would start whimpering. Anything with a little light was fine, but the parts that were pitch black she hated. I was surprised because everything I had read said it's not an issue for young babies.

And our daughter got sick within 3 days of being at daycare, but didn't catch a thing at Disney, even after chewing on Mickey's nose.

I loved the photos and the video link in your signature! I have a one month old and we are considering taking her in early December...the video made me cry. I think I HAVE to take her...she is only that little for so long and I won't get a chance to take her as a little baby later! Awesome job on your video.

I have a friend who also goes yearly and I tell you every time they go someone does get sick or ends up hurt and they have made several trips to the ER there as well. They have been going yearly though longer than we have.

Last year, one of their kids, they have 6 (like us, we have 6) poked himself in the eye with the sword they got from CRT. It was very bad, not just a normal poke in the eye.

They still had a good time but did have to take a day of rest. And they are already planning their next trip.

We have gone yearly for 8 years or so. We have had 1 get sick in all those years while there, but haven't brought anything home.

Which actually surprises me since we are homeschoolers as well and we don't get exposed to as much due to that. So I fully expect to bring something home.

But I'm totally not a person that basis what we do or don't do on a "what if".... I mean if we did we'd never do anything.

You can go to Wal-Mart and bring home more than what you bought ;)

Also when you have older kids and younger kids it really makes things different. My oldest is 15, my youngest is 2. We will only have the older one a few more years so we took the baby. No regrets :)

This is my opinion as well. And trust me, I am not a germaphobe. I do daycare for a living and we take regular precautions but we're going to get sick from time to time and that's fine. We have healthy immune systems and we can take it.
However in 9 Disney trips there has not been ONE time that we haven't come home with someone sick. My neighbours go yearly, and they always come home with someone sick as well. It is practically unavoidable with all the new germs you come in to contact with on vacation. A 3 month old will have somewhat compromised immunity, though probably better if you are breastfeeding. I would hate to see your baby get something serious that would be minor to an older child or adult.
I do see babies in the parks and shudder. Only because I've had my 5 year old hospitalized in Orlando for illness (mind you it was his appendix and not something communicable) and we've been to the walk in clinic on 3 trips. Let me tell you the waiting room is always PACKED with screaming children with ear infections and respiratory illness. The clinic doc said it is over 90% of their business..sick kids on vacation. That would make me wait until my child was a year or so.
Again, I wouldn't judge you or your parenting, and it's your decision. I just know I couldn't. There is nothing about the trip itself that would concern me.. just the potential illness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter