Taking a 1 yr old to WDW

PigletsMommy

Mouseketeer
We are going in October & this is DD 1st trip:cool1:

This is our 1st time with a child & I'm trying to think which rides we will have to do swaps or skip all together.

MK -definately need to swap
Splash Mtn
BTMRR
Space Mtn

What about:confused:
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Snow White
Buzz Lightyears Ranger Spin

Epcot -definately need to swap
Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track

Soarin
Maelstrom

AK -definately need to swap
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Its tough to be a bug

HS -definately need to swap
TOT
RnR

Muppets
Backlot tour
Toy Story Mania

Have I missed anything? I guess I should also mention I have a severe sensitivity to motion rides...I absolutely cant do anything that spins. I can do drops but no spins or loops, so those type rides I will hang with DD if DH wants to ride.

Any advice from parents taking babies??

I don't think there are swaps for
Pirates of the Carribean-
Haunted Mansion
Snow White
Maelstrom
Its tough to be a bug
Muppets
Backlot tour
Toy Story Mania

These are not height specific. If you want to go you can take the baby as long as she can sit on the seat. Muppets and bugs are shows, so baby can sit on lap.

My kids don' like POTC and hate bugs so we don't do those. I heard Snow White was scary and I don't like Maelstrom and the Backlot tour, we don't do those. TSM and Buzz are fun. If you do TSM, make sure and hold onto the child after the games before the car moves, it moves fast.

I love Soarin and do a swap everytime.

I don't have motion sickness, but DH slightly does, doesn't appear to be as bad as yours. He doesn't complain about any of the rides.

We are taking our twin girls to WDW this fall also :cool1:. They will be 1 yr 1 mos at the time. Will they actually have to sit on the seat to ride the non-height specific ride? I've been to WDW many times in the past, but never really took notice as we didn't have children then.

BTW, RnR has loops, so you may want to avoid it (it is a blast though!).

p.s. You can't forget Small World. After you ride it, you certainly won't forget the song.

With my 9mon DD last year she went on and did fine or slept through--

MK:
Priates
Huanted Mansion
Peterpan
Snow white
It's a small world ( multiple times)
Tiki hut
Tomorrow land transit authority
I think we did buzz light year too don't remember

Epcot:
Imagination with Figmint
The boat ride in the land
Space ship earth (the epcot ball)

Holleywood studios:
Toystory mania
black lot tour
great Movie ride
Muppets

Animal Kingdom:
safari ride
tough to be a bug
she did both of the musicals also

Advice pack extra clothing, sippy cups and snacks. We had diapers,wipes and some gorceries delivered to the hotel. Pack a light jacket/pants outfit. A stroller is a must eiter rent, get a swap, or bring one.

We are taking a 1 year old when we go next month, so I am glad to read about what rides to ride and what not to ride. Question ~ Which ride is it in MK that has the moving slide that while you're trying to get on or off the ride? I can't remember if it's POTC or Haunted Mansion.

We are going in October & this is DD 1st trip:cool1:

This is our 1st time with a child & I'm trying to think which rides we will have to do swaps or skip all together.

Splash Mtn
BTMRR
Space Mtn

Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Snow White

Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track

Soarin
Maelstrom

Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Its tough to be a bug

TOT
RnR

Muppets
Backlot tour
Toy Story Mania

Have I missed anything? I guess I should also mention I have a severe sensitivity to motion rides...I absolutely cant do anything that spins. I can do drops but no spins or loops, so those type rides I will hang with DD if DH wants to ride.

FYI, I believe Space Mountain is under refurbishment until November.

I went once with one of my babies and personally, we found it tough with a baby. Much much slower pace. Just go with the flow!

We are taking a 1 year old when we go next month, so I am glad to read about what rides to ride and what not to ride. Question ~ Which ride is it in MK that has the moving slide that while you're trying to get on or off the ride? I can't remember if it's POTC or Haunted Mansion.

Haunted mansion has a conveyor belt when you get on and off the ride. POTC has the boats stop for loading and unloading, but there is a upward moving conveyor belt to get you up to the exit at the very end. If memory serves it has one footprint and one peg leg on it.

Of course, I could be wrong :confused3. My memory since the twins has been rather bad, I must confess.

Splash Mtn
BTMRR
Space Mtn

Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Snow White
My 10 month old went on all of them. Fell asleep on Haunted Mansion. Liked "helping" on Space Ranger Spin.

Spaceship Earth No need to swap here. It's super slooooow. Another one my guy fell asleep on.
Mission Space
Test Track

Soarin
Maelstrom
I think you'd need to swap on both.

Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Its tough to be a bug
It's a show with 3D glasses so while my guy didn't watch it there's no reason not to take him in (unless you think he/she won't sit).

TOT
RnR

Muppets Same as above.
Backlot tour
Toy Story Mania Don't need to swap but I didn't take my guy on it (he was sleeping at the time). This was the one ride that I wasn't sure HOW he'd fit on it - the way the bars came over your lap was kinda weird.

We didn't go back to the hotel during the day but we did usually call it an early day/night. We were home by 6:30 or 7 every night (so no fireworks for us). It's what worked best for us.

Splash Mtn
BTMRR
Space Mtn <-- may still be closed

Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Snow White
I'd honestly skip SW and BLRS all together. POTC and HM will be fine, I would watch the boat bump at the end though. We took DD in April and she was fine.

Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track

Soarin
Maelstrom

Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur

Its tough to be a bug

TOT
RnR

Muppets
Backlot tour
Toy Story Mania

Can I ask how much of this trip is for the baby versus yourselves? :confused3 Hitting all of those rides makes for a very full schedule. There is so much more to do in the parks than waiting in line for the E-ticket rides. You will be on a MUCH slower pace with baby in tow. You may not be able to do everything you want to do for the adults, but the things that will entertain baby will melt your heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter