• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Taking 5 yr old granddaughter. Poly or Contemporary?

Bobthenailer

Earning My Ears
We would stay in the tower Magic Kingdom side at the Contemporary, or fire works side of the Poly. Which do you think our one and only 5 yr old granddaughter would like best? Thanks in advance for replies.

My choice with a 5 year old is the Poly! The resort offers alot of activities for children and its easy to get to the magic kingdom by boat/monorail.

Ditto Poly...

I LOVE their Character Breakfast at 'Ohana....

Great kids activites...

Beautiful decor...

Much better pool (IMHO)...

and access to Monorail (as with CR) on second floor of lobby

Hugs,
Mary

The Contemporary because all their rooms in the Tower come with a balcony which is great for watching Wishes, so a balcony is something that doesn't come with all the rooms at the Polynesian. Plus having the walkway to and from the Magic Kingdom is another major factor for the Contemporary.

We've stayed at both with our kids that age and definitely prefer the Poly over the CR.

You could always split your stay between the two resorts. The move would just be a monorail ride away.

Poly hands down. My little girl stayed at Poly for one night (with us) when she was 5 1/2 and was in love with it. The beach is also WONDERFUL on warmer nights because kids can play on it before and during the fireworks. The Poly is one of my little girl's favorites. She loves getting leis there, loved the Ohana Character breakfast, and loved the luau.

My pick would be the Polynesian because they have a lot of activities going on there that I'm sure she'll love! You might want to show her pictures of both and see what she thinks about them.

When are you going? My daughter was 5 when we stayed at the Poly last yr, and she'll be 6 at the CR's BLT this June...same age. My daughter is looking forward to this trip and resort just the same so I don't think it'll really matter, she will love it!

Def the Poly! We stayed there with our just turned 6 niece back in Jan 09 and it was incredible for her. She loved the tiki torches when we pulled up, everyone saying ALOHA to her was a thrill, she collected the leis because she got one every single day we were there. The volcano pool and the beach were huge hits with her. She keeps asking me when I am going to take her back to her "Hawaii House"

I was a 7-year-old little girl the last time I went, and my Dad had me and my little brother at the Contemporary resort--I LOVED IT. We went to the Poly for a dinner, and it just didn't impress me all that much--that being said, I wasn't the girliest little girl of all time. I just thought that the Monorail going THROUGH the hotel was the coolest thing in the world!!....so cool that I'm going BACK to the Contemporary now that I'm a grownup!

I was a 7-year-old little girl the last time I went, and my Dad had me and my little brother at the Contemporary resort--I LOVED IT. We went to the Poly for a dinner, and it just didn't impress me all that much--that being said, I wasn't the girliest little girl of all time. I just thought that the Monorail going THROUGH the hotel was the coolest thing in the world!!....so cool that I'm going BACK to the Contemporary now that I'm a grownup!

I'm 26 and i still think the monorail going through the hotel is hte coolest thing in the world!!:rotfl:

I really love both of these resorts, but love the Poly best and the CR next:)
Just love the theming and atmosphere of the Poly more, but the view from a MK view tower room is also spectacular:thumbsup2
You cant go wrong with either on actually:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter