"Takeout" food from Epcot?

ChloesDaddy

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for advice on grabbing some "takeout" for the family from Epcot. We're staying at the Yacht Club. There may be a time or two we don't all feel like going into the park to eat, so I was thinking about grabbing some food at a QS place or one of the outdoor kitchens at F&G.

Do any of those places have a convenient way to carry out multiple meals/dishes? Has anyone brought in food storage containers to carry out food?

I appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

We always bring a few collapsable containers to Disney. We also bring quart and larger bags for easy storage in case.

They don't have to-go containers or bags. You could bring in your own containers and box it up yourself if you really want.

Whatever you do don't get the Via Napoli QS pizza. That was the most vile pizza I ever put in my mouth and it cost me something crazy like $8 for a slice :crazy2:

This will work if you bring your own containers. The CMs will stop guests from carrying alcoholic beverages out of the park if they see them. Anything else can be taken out.

As noted by a previous poster, if Via Napoli is serving QS pizza (they don't always), the pizza sold outside is not the same pizza that is served inside the restaurant.

This is the second thread like this where everyone says no. Is this new? We went in November and had takeout from both Mexico and Morocco in clamshell takeout boxes.

I've taken ziploc bags to put food into as well. I recently went to Flower and Garden and bought a couple of the onion tarts in France and put them in bags and took them back to my room for later.

Thanks for all the responses. It sounds like some places have takeout type containers but not necessarily all, so I'll bring some containers and an insulated bag to carry them.

Aaaaand I'll remember to stay away from the takeout pizza at Via Napoli.

:thumbsup2

I really can't imagine walking to get take-out from Epcot. My guess is it would take an hour or so. I can see picking something up on the way out or bringing leftovers to the room maybe.

You do realize that you will be using a day ticket and can only go back to EPCOT on that day unless you have the Hopper. That said, we have stayed at the Beach Club and I went to Yorkshire Fish and Chips (near the side entrance) for carryout for others back at hotel. Of course I did it the easy way - I use an ECV Don't forget all the food choices there at the Boardwalk.

We do takeout all the time from EPCOT and bring it back to the Beach Club.

Japan has some packaged sushi that works well to bring back. Tangierine Café had takeout containers. We have brought back sandwiches from France, the only issue we had here was they didn't let us takeout the crème brulee dessert because it was too hot that day. We had to settle for the chocolate mouse. Sunshine Seasons was able to package up my favorite salad for me.

I timed the roundtrip from my BC room, to Morocco, back to the room: 30 minutes.

The biggest issue we have had is that these places don't have bags if we are trying to carry several items. Bring your own. The suggestion to bring your own baggies and containers is a great one.

Some fellow guests on the bus from EP to All Star Music awarded me mother of the year when were staying during Tropical Storm Faye. It was pouring rain for days. My son was sick from dehydration. So after a wet day at Hollywood Studios, they went back to the resort, but I took the boat from HS to EPCOT, got dinner at Japan and Morocco, walked to the front of EPCOT with the food and took the bus to ASMu. It was an hour and a half takeout run.

Totally worth it!!!

:goodvibes

I really can't imagine walking to get take-out from Epcot. My guess is it would take an hour or so. I can see picking something up on the way out or bringing leftovers to the room maybe.
After spending a few days at the Yacht Club around Christmas... It doesn't feel like that bad of a distance.

If only Via Napoli boxed up real pizzas like its sister restaurant in DL's DTD.

This is the second thread like this where everyone says no. Is this new? We went in November and had takeout from both Mexico and Morocco in clamshell takeout boxes.
It seems like more QS venues are beginning to have to go boxes, but not all of them. It sounds like La Cantina and Tangierine Cafe have boxes, but we still carry ziploc bags with us just in case. The OP also mentioned the F&G kiosks and as far as i know they do not have to go boxes or bags.

Last edited:
One of favorite places to get take out at Epcot when staying at the BC is the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. They have recycled cardboard "trays" that you can use to carry multiple servings. We typically enjoy our meal near the pool at the resort.

I was wondering this same thing, we'll be there in Sept, I'll have an AP, but the rest of my party will not. I had considered that I could get things from Epcot one night, since we'll be spending more time at MK for my daughter that trip.
Great suggestions.

You can definitely get food boxed up at the France QS. We like to get some sandwiches and pastries boxed up on our last day and then stop at a rest area on our drive home for an Epcot picnic. I'm glad to hear that other restaurants have that option, too.

Maybe I'm just fussy, but no way would I eat take out food that took an hour to get to my room once packaged. More true if it is hot and or humid. :crazy2:

Last edited:
I've taken ziploc bags to put food into as well. I recently went to Flower and Garden and bought a couple of the onion tarts in France and put them in bags and took them back to my room for later.

I really enjoyed the onion tart!

We would bring the cheese platter from France's bakery back to the room. Have not done it recently.

I've never done true "take out" at Disney, but this was what I was thinking! Great place to eat! Of course, there are a lot in Epcot, but this seems like it would be easy to carry for the trip and it's close to the International Gateway.

You can definitely get food boxed up at the France QS. We like to get some sandwiches and pastries boxed up on our last day and then stop at a rest area on our drive home for an Epcot picnic. I'm glad to hear that other restaurants have that option, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter