• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Taken the Plunge...

Yes, it's at Halifax you do it, not with the shareholders club. You'll need to open a Halifax sharedealing account in your name then he needs to complete this form. Once the shares are showing in your name just apply to join the shareholders club in your name. You will need to load some money up with a debit card when you open the account (think it's £100) but once it's all up and running you can withdraw it.

I've been saving a bit here and there ever since we heard the news about the increase to 100 shares so bought some more yesterday and when DH transfers his over to me I'll have enough. We've talked about it and to be honest we don't really need to both be members as we always go together and in the unlikely event one of us were to visit on our own it would probably be me rather than him.

I also bought some more for DD, we'd given her 25 for her 18th birthday and as yesterday was her 21st it seemed 'meant to be'! She still needs another 25 but she's got Christmas and another birthday before her membership expires.

I wasn't particularly happy with the rate - would have preferred nearer 4 euros a share but at least it was under 5 euros which is what I've been waiting for and as my membership is expiring soon I decided not to risk waiting any longer ..... and I'm certainly no longer going to check the price every time I log on! ;)

Thank you ware bears :) its not due for renewal till next summer so plenty time to get it done :) we were just chatting and I said I might take kids with my mum nearer Xmas as hubby works offshore so might not be a home (I'm hoping for a wee flash sale deal) anyway I was saying how I can't use card as its in his name so we should swap it to me... My mum has a card though (well she will once she buys another 80 and renews) ;) that's great that it can be done though :) thanks for the info again :)

just got an email from Halifax, next commission fee offer day is on Tuesday 21st May with fees for £3.95 as last time

hths

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter