• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take the DIS WISH challenge here

I just joined Weight Watchers last week and have already lost 2 pounds. I know, not a ton (haha) but it is something! Count me in to this one too!!

Count me in too. Going back to South Beach as of today. For the last 3/4 weeks I've been exercising almost every day with very little to show for it (I'm talking 600-900 calories exercised off a day!). I'm frustrated. I believe that it's a combination of diet and exercise, but diet is 80%+ of the battle. I've been pretty good, but not watching what I eat as closely as I should and not drinking enough H2O.

I'm 148 now and would like to be 135 as a short term goal and 125 as a long term goal (from a size 10 to a size 8).

I've got a little over 9 weeks until our Disney trip. I hope to reach my goal by then. Do you think it's possible? 23 pounds in 9 weeks is 2.5 lbs per week.

W.I.S.H. me well.

Karin

I would like to be counted in. I want to treadmill one hour a day and drink more water! I have been trying to motivate myself for days. Today is the day I will actually follow through with my plan. Thanks for the incentive!

I just found this today and I am so excited. I have recently taken a deeper interest in my health and trying to lose weight. I started a couple of weeks ago. I am trying to eat healthier (I'm picky so it is hard), cut back portions of what I eat and drink lots of water instead of coke. I also started exercising this week. I did 3 days which is more than I have done in 3 years!! I don't really have a support system to help me motivated or hold me accountable so this will really help. My goal is to lose some weight but mainly to get healthy. Thanks.

Hi .. is this where i can go to sign up to be part of WISH??

I am not sure what you need to know about me, so i'll give you a quick profile ..

name is Jay (yes, I am female!!), 33 years old, trying to lose about 30 pounds, on WW (again!!) .. I lost almost 60 pounds a few years ago and put half of it back on again -- job stress, family stress, etc ....

I'm looking forward to the support of fellow DIS'rs and proving support as well!
Thanks!
Jay

...to take the DIS challenge. First, let me introduce myself. I will be 48 in a few weeks, stand 5'4", weigh 150 lbs. and am a Lifetime WW member. My DH and I will be taking our first DCL cruise in January and it is my desire to lose 20 lbs. and be toned by that time. Weight has ALWAYS been an issue for me and have weighed anywhere from 121 to 168 lbs. I usually need an incentive in order to lose weight and exercise. Last year it was my DS's wedding. I got down to 129 lbs. and was the most toned I had ever been. Then for some reason, I let myself go. Why oh why did I do that??? I worked so hard. Now, it is a struggle even to lose 1 lb.!!! I very much want to be at 130 lbs. for the cruise...we are talking swimsuit here.

I am now back to WW and have hit the exercising again. I truly believe that between the determination, WW, drinking TONS of water and my exercising, I WILL DO IT!!! The DISH Wish board just may be the missing piece of this weight loss puzzle.

COUNT ME IN!!!

:banana: I am sooo ready to start an exercise program & to lose weight. I want to lose 20 lbs. Well, ok, I need to lose a LOT more than that, but 20 sounds easier than what I really need to lose. :blush: Katie

I have commited myself to getting healthier in two ways. The first is to increase stamina and endurance by exercising 1 hour a day 3-5 times a week.

The second is to lose 50 pounds.

I will need all the encouragement I can get, so here I am.

Christy princess:

Well I think I need encouragement so I am joining here. I have been working out for 3 weeks now (I am now up to 40 minutes/day on my recumbant bike). I have lost 3 lbs which is good for me since I am not a quick loser. Too bad I have 45lbs to go.

Melissa

aero99 said:
Well I think I need encouragement so I am joining here. I have been working out for 3 weeks now (I am now up to 40 minutes/day on my recumbant bike). I have lost 3 lbs which is good for me since I am not a quick loser. Too bad I have 45lbs to go.

Melissa

Melissa, welcome! you will meet many people here who are in the same pickle. I am one of them. I lose very slow to the point of utter frustration. Please join us in the journal section and start your very own. Thats where you get so much friendship and support and you can let it all hang out.

Four weeks ago I started with LA Weight Loss. At that time I weighed an astonishing (for me) 293 pounds. My goal is 170. My counselor claims it will take a bit more than a year for me to hit my goal. So far after 4 weeks I'm down 13 pounds. Wish me luck.

After 30 my metabolism has seized so I want to join your wish Challenge to lose a few pounds, exercise and get healthy.

I'm definitely joining...planning on doing a whole lot of walking and maybe some leisure sports as well. Oh yeah, and way less desserts!

I want to be a W.I.S.H. member too! My plan is to do the FIRM exercise tapes, and follow their monthly exercise plan. When I do exercise I always think twice about what is going into my mouth, and whether I'm really hungry or just bored. I also will make sure I drink 8 glasses of water--I already do that :) So it'll be a good start. Next May my sister will be getting married down in WDW and then will be our family vacation. I want to look and feel good while we are down there celebrating, and for the pictures that will hang on family walls for the rest of my life :)

mindystar said:
I want to be a W.I.S.H. member too! My plan is to do the FIRM exercise tapes, and follow their monthly exercise plan. When I do exercise I always think twice about what is going into my mouth, and whether I'm really hungry or just bored. I also will make sure I drink 8 glasses of water--I already do that :) So it'll be a good start. Next May my sister will be getting married down in WDW and then will be our family vacation. I want to look and feel good while we are down there celebrating, and for the pictures that will hang on family walls for the rest of my life :)

Good luck! I started doing the firm tapes that involve the fanny lifter except I dont have the fanny lifter, but I have the 3 tapes and the sculpting stick and just a regular step. I started doing the tapes in May of 05 and by July I had lost 15 lbs. I was watching what I ate but not that well. Then in July I started having slim fast for break fast and lunch and then a baked potatoe, green veggie and grilled chicken. I am also getting at least 8 glasses of water in a day. I try not to go over 1200 calories and I exercise about 5 or 6 times a week for one hour. Once every week or two I have a cheat day. I think the cheat day has helped me not to plato(Spelling?). Since July I have lost 12 pounds. Anyway, I know you will look great for your sisters wedding and how lucky is she to have it at WDW!! :earboy2: I am also trying to work hard for my next trip next May to WDW. So good luck and have fun on your trip!!! :goodvibes

Hi This is a great thread. Right now Im in a size 12 my short term goal is to get to a 10. My long term goal is to get back down to my original size 6. Wishful thinking on my part oh I hope not. :bounce:

Congrats to all who have lost. :cheer2:

I've been checking out the posts here for the past year. I'm ready to step up to the challenge! My goal is to lose 50 pounds by eating more sensibly and exercising. This weight loss will help improve my blood pressure and prevent type 2 diabetes. I keep wanting to get started but find reasons to put it off. Hopefully with all the support I see here I'll really do this. And the biggest benefit will be if my DH sees my success and gets motivated also. Thanks for being here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter