• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take the DIS WISH challenge here

I'm back here on WISH and am committed to a healthy lifestyle from now on! I've posted an "about me" post on the board too.

Hello everyone!

I have a lot of reasons to get in shape this year! I am turning 50 in March, my oldest DS is getting married in April, my oldest DD is getting married in October, and my baby is graduating highschool in May (also have a DD who is a sophomore in college). I am starting WW at Work on Thursday and would like to lose 15lbs by the April wedding. One of my biggest challenges is physical activity - just don't like it much!! I am giving serious thought to the Jan 2006 half marathon as some added incentive, but DH and I have APs that expire in December, and with two weddings and two in college next fall, I am not sure I can justify a trip to WDW a month after the passes expire. We will have to see!

Hi all!

I am definately taking the WISH challange!

I'm 20 years old-227 pounds.

In the past three years I have gained (and lost and regained) 55 pounds.

Atkins and WW have both helped, but I find just doing low-fat and watching what I eat (portions and NO snack food) is what I'm going to have to do.

My main goal is to GET HEALTHY!!

Melissa princess:

Last year I lost 10 lbs and I am down to 160 - my goal for this year is another 10 lbs. I am losing slow but it's better than yo-yoing.....

Juanita From PEI, Canada

Hi! I think I'm supposed to post here! I'm currently on weight watchers, and my goal is to lose 45 pounds by August-- it's a pretty big goal, but I like to reach big, because if I don't quite reach it, I still got pretty close!!

Okay. I am ready to get back on track. I lost 67 pounds last year and went from a 26 to an 18. I went crazy over the holidays and gained back 15 lbs. But I ready to get back on track and get fit. I plan on going back on Atkins and start walking three times a week. I have a hard time getting motivated to exercise, so I need to start slow. I want to lose 30 ponds before I go to Disney in October. Then at that point I will look at myself and decide on my final goal. What I can be happy with. I am glad to have found this board.

:cheer2:

Hi everyone!

I'm over weight (213lbs) I recently went to the doctors to find out why I was gaining instead of losing weight even though I was dieting and exercising, after many blood tests it was found I have a problem with my thyroid gland (something to do with the production of thyroxoin which regulates metabolism) So i'm basically back on a diet - Low glyceimic index foods. Its not much fun but i've already lost 3lbs :D

So i'm up for the challange, i'm finally gonna shift this weight and be happy!

I think I have been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for the past 3 years. I am sick of it. I am going to lose those 10 and another 40 on top of that. I joined WW last year and quit in the summer when I broke my leg. Now that I am walking again, I have gained that weight back that I lost. I have joined WW online since it is a way that will help me actually journal as opposed to me skipping out on the meetings all the time. This time I really mean it!

I am really disheartened. I've been doing a lot of treadmill walking and first of all, I gained 2 lbs. right off the bat. Finally I lost those 2 lbs. and then 2 more. But I have gained back 2-1/2 pounds.

I don't know what is wrong here, but I'm wondering WHAT'S THE POINT TO EXERCISING??!!

Kris

Hi, I just stumbled upon the WISH challenge and definitely would like to give it a go! Right now I run an at home daycare in central Texas but will be quitting to become an STHM within the next few months. My husband is Air Force and we are getting ready to make our next move...to Florida (Eglin AFB) to be exact. I'm definitely looking into those resident annual passes! We have two girls ages 10 and 6. I am hoping to lose about 50 lbs. I have tried twice to lose this weight. The first time I lost 20lbs but gained it all back. The second time I lost 18lbs and have gained back 8. I don't want to start from scratch again so I definitely want to get my behind in gear and stick with it. The last two times I used the Body for Life program and really enjoy it. (It's easy to stick with and doesn't make you eat wierd foods!) I also am looking very seriously about signing up for the 1/2 marathon in 2006. I've been reading reports and it sounds awesome! I hope I am posting to the right place. It's great reading everyones posts!
Laura

I'm starting on Monday, January 24, 2005. I will be exercising for 30 minutes each morning, Monday - Friday, on my elliptical trainer and watching what I eat, i.e., a lot less carbs and no sweets - wish me luck!

BTW, I can't get the signature thing to work - pls help! thanks!

Hello to Everyone that has recently joined and Welcome! For those who are new, my advice to you would be to start a journal. I find writing everything down helps.

Kris - I know it's frustrating when you've worked your butt off at the gym and not results. I tried that a year ago and it came off slowly. Maybe you need some kind of food plan to go with your workout? I am now doing Weight Watchers and still working out and have lost over 33 pounds so far. Good Luck

Hi Laura and Welcome - Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Good luck with your move. I'm sure once you get to FL and get settled in, you'll be able to get back on track and get those extra pounds off. Good Luck

Hi :wave:
I am Stephanie and my husband and I have just joined WW. It is going slow for me but I think if I work hard I can lose weight and be healthy. I started at 243.8 lbs and have lost 4.4 lbs so far in 2 weeks. I really want to healthier so I can be a better mommy to my 4 month old son. He will be walking in 5-6 mos and I want to be in good enough shape to cahse after him and have energy. So here it goes, my challenge is to lose 10% of my body weight first, 24 lbs, then another 10%.
Thanks
Stephanie

Well here goes. I have started " my lifestyle change" . Although. I am not cheat free yet. I am off to a great start. This challenge is just what I need> I have lost 10 lbs since Jan. 1, 2005 My monthly goal is to keep losing 10 lbs a month untill I am finished. I haven't started my walking program yet. I am waiting to get down 20 pounds. My "good" knee has now gone bad, and I am no longer able to walk like I used to. With a trip to the world in the works and three kids, getting in shape it really high on my list. If there are any others who have over 100+ lbs to lose. I'd be happy to be a buddy with someone. I think I'll be tring several challenges over the next 9 months here. It's great to have such a fun place to go to motivate each other. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Charstar :cheer2:

Hi everyone! I started in July 2004 at 208. I lost 35ds by Christmas. I didn't do to well over Chirstmas and now I'm trying so hard to get back on track. We are going to WDW in Sept and my goal is to be at 140 by then. I need help to keep on going!

Well,
My DD is almost two now and I just found out that I have gained 25 pounds since before she was born. Time to lose that weight. The ellipse is coming up out of the garage and my goal is that I will be back to the old me by my December trip (heaven!). I tried ww in high school and it did help me then to learn better eating habits but it was kind of expensive as I recall. Is it possible to just cut down on your carbs and exercise and still get good results? I am a vegetarian and don't fancy eating meat at all just to get thin again. Any veggie Atkins members out there?
Thanks!

Hi Alysa,

I am a vegetarian also, however, I follow South Beach not Atkins. It is a diet where you are allowed good carbs. I use a lot of tofu and morning star products in my diet instead of meat.

Good Luck!

ADisneyMom

Hi! I'm Rebecca and I'm ready to take the challenge. My baby is 3 months old tomorrow and I still need to lose the weight I gained with his older sister three years ago. Right now I'm at 173 lbs and my goal is to be 125 lbs at my son's 1st birthday party.

Well its been a long time since I was here. I have decided to loose weight for my October Disney trip. I have been on ww before and I am gonna go back with it again. I have about 140 lbs to loose. I am sure I will be here often for lots of support since I hate to exercise and I love my fast food. I know the people here are great and I look forward to the wonderful encouragement.

Trish :flower1:

Thanks ADisneyMom,
I will check it out! Are there any good online guides to it or should I just get the book?

Mom2Alix,
Good luck - I bet you will look great at the party! I am looking forward to getting a new pair of pants and a shirt I have my eye on at Banana Republic - as soon as I fit into the next size down! Woohoo! Nothing motivates me like shopping for new clothes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter